Lumia 930 availability

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody in the UK ordered from amazon.fr and received the charging plate? My order hasn't shipped yet so no way of knowing

It doesn't come with the French phone as per the nokia site. It's only the UK that seems to have it included. But the money u save ordering from amazon.fr you can pick up a qi charger for quite cheap!

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Looking at Amazon today it looks like my phone's arrived in London and being taken care of by City Link with a delivery date of Monday. Wish I could just walk in to the depot and get my phone from them today.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I only had 1 day or a 3-5 day options. I chose 1 day which was about €4 more than the other option. But no weekend was mentioned in any of them.

If it was Amazon then I know I've received deliveries on a Saturday, just hope you'll get it today or struggle through the next 2 days.

Michael Brooks5

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I recently posted saying that someone on the O2 chat room said that I can order the 930 now. So today, I went down to the local O2 store and the guy down there had told me that they haven't received any yet and he didn't have a date on when it was being released. He believes that the guy must have mistaken the 930 for the 630 some how.

He also recommended that I sign up to the alerts on the O2 site where I told him I already had done and I'm checking forums constantly for updates. He apologized and said to come back down once I know it has been released.

I can't believe someone would be misinformed, but it did clear up any suspicions I had. Looks like we're all gonna have to wait for the UK release.

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
mhmm for the moment i like the 1020 more. it loos better, feels better in the hand, the camera have more details (930 is better to catch the lightreflections etc) and the OIS is better in the 1020. The buttons from the 930 are not so strong like the ones from the 1020.
On the other side: the display in the 930 is really cool and its faster (you can see a big difference in asphalt 8: airborne.
Then the batterylife on both are still the same, I will keep the 1020 and send the 930 back and wait for the 1030 and hope that this isnt bigger than the 1020 and have a microsd-slot

Phillip Deackes

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I will keep the 1020 and send the 930 back and wait for the 1030 and hope that this isn't bigger than the 1020 and have a microsd-slot
I read this sort of thing a lot, particularly written by Americans. I have never sent an item back because I didn't like it. What happens to the return? Does some poor, unfortunate buyer of a supposed 'new' phone get it?

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I read this sort of thing a lot, particularly written by Americans. I have never sent an item back because I didn't like it. What happens to the return? Does some poor, unfortunate buyer of a supposed 'new' phone get it?

That's what I was thinking. That's why the UK doesn't accept returns once you've ripped off the plastic film.

LarsHu

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Picked mine up today (in orange) from Elgiganten in Denmark. All their stock has been allocated to their physical stores. Online should be available Thursday.

Very nice phone.

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

I thought the 930 would be better.. the camera is not as good as the one in the 1020 and sometimes its hard to get sharp photos with the 930.
(will upload some more pics later for comparison)
its feels not as good as the lumia 1020 then holding in the hand and for me as a student its just too expensive to keep both ones und throw the 930 away.. but the 930 seems to have a better battery life i think.

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
I thought the 930 would be better.. the camera is not as good as the one in the 1020 and sometimes its hard to get sharp photos with the 930.
(will upload some more pics later for comparison)
its feels not as good as the lumia 1020 then holding in the hand and for me as a student its just too expensive to keep both ones und throw the 930 away.. but the 930 seems to have a better battery life i think.

If you can, keep it until the Cyan update comes to the 1020, and compare the two heavily, if not for yourself, a lot of people on here then would be thankful. :) Just a random bit of two cents.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a 1020 and was very disappointed with the camera. My 920 takes better pictures straight from the camera. I'm not concerned about numbers on paper, I go by what I see and I get much nicer pics on the 920. Apart from that the 1020 was very ungainly and looked quite nasty and cheap with the matt polycarbonate stretching round to the front of the phone.

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
If you can, keep it until the Cyan update comes to the 1020, and compare the two heavily, if not for yourself, a lot of people on here then would be thankful. :) Just a random bit of two cents.

At the moment the 1020 already seems little bit better if you dont want that phone for gaming and if you like to shoot photos.
With the Cyan-update the 1020 should get even more better than the 930 i think :D

edit: here are new camera-pics (https://www.dropbox.com/sh/54e5tz41jlzqlt8/AADs1c5M0IAji5JIFu1FLM_fa)
I think sometimes the 930 has better colors, but overall the 1020 is still the winner.
I also must try more often with the 930 to get the right focus-point or because the photos are not really sharp

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss