Lumia 930 availability

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
looks like i am going to move from Three to EE. EE 4g coverage for me at home and work whereas Three is no 4g at my home and skethcy coverage at work. i did notice the free sim which gives you 10Gb data if you top up ?15 a month. might be worth buying the handset and getting this deal as its mostly data i use..will pop into a store on the way home tonight and see what they are offering, i would like the wireless pack but its not a deal breaker.

[EDIT] just noticed the 10Gb is a one off allowance to be used within 90 days.
they do havea 24 month plan which gives 10Gb double speed 4g, unlimited calls & texts for 32.99 a month. this looks like a winner

Last edited:

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Right its been confirmed that the phone will be free on EE for ?29 per month unlim texts 1000 mins 1gb data and the free wireless bundle is included if preordered on the 14th with launch on 17th
Email from EE re: bundle promotions. recieved about 10 minutes ago...

Hi Gavin
No promos available as of yet ill let you know if anything comes up
Thanks
Richard

lionofthesouth

Jun 21, 2014
Visit site
How do they price their tariffs?These are on Vodafone via CPW
300 min, unlimited txts,250MB 3G and upfront cost of ?99.99 =?26.50 PM
Unlimited min,txts, 1GB 3G and upfront cost of ?69.99 =?26.50 PM
100 min, unlimited txts,100MB 3g and upfront cost of ?109.99 =?26.50PM

Snapples

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
Clove UK will have stock of the Black 930 on 17th July and and will come with 1 x DC-50 wireless charger plate (2400mAh battery & wireless charger in one),1 x MD-12 wireless speaker and 1 x ?20 voucher for free apps from the Windows store. PRICE ?435

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
De-lurking on this thread again [last time was to rant about the delays and threaten to buy an LG G3 instead...which didn't happen!]. I almost pulled the trigger last week from Amazon.fr but held off for the UK retailers. Just ordered the orange 930 from Clove, where I got my 920 from and had a really smooth order & delivery. Really pleased that the price came down AND that Clove ended up stocking more than the black model [I noticed that they had removed the white one a few days back, guessing on the back of the P4U exclusivity]. I saw that someone earlier on this thread got to choose an orange speaker, but I don't mind getting the white bundle since it's a bonus either way.
Two quick questions for anyone that has got a 930 to replace an older handset running 8.1:
1) does the backup feature work just like iTunes restore for iPhone? When I went from my Samsung Omnia 7 to Lumia 920 there wasn't the greatest of "restore" functions available - I don't mind losing some game saves [that's dependent on the devs I think], but I'd like to get settings & apps transferred over without much faff.
2) Having a EU/UK version of 8.1, I'm guessing Cortana is not available unless you enable the same region swap as before? I've gotten quite used to having her on my 920 and I love Quiet Hours, but I'm kinda over having the US date format for everything. I know there's still no firm release date for Cortana, but does the search button just bring up Bing in her absence?

Cheers!

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
New email from EE:

"Hi Gavin

From 11th July the Nokia Lumia 930 will be available for pre order and will launch on 17th July.

We have a new hero pricing offer, so the Nokia Lumia 930 is free of charge on our EE regular ?29.99 price plan with 1GB, 1000 minutes and unlimited texts until 31st July.

While stocks last, pay monthly customers can also get a free gift with this phone (valued at ?130) which includes a wireless charger, wireless speaker and ?20 Windows store voucher.

And for just ?3 more, customers can boost their data to 10GB and get unlimited broadband at Home "

So, I'm not getting the ?100 cashback (from CPW), but I also don't have to spend the same ?100 buying out my current EE contract.... My current bill is ?33p/m, only I get 1GB allowance - to be honest, I think that EE deal is a blinder!!!

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
New email from EE:

"Hi Gavin

From 11th July the Nokia Lumia 930 will be available for pre order and will launch on 17th July.

We have a new hero pricing offer, so the Nokia Lumia 930 is free of charge on our EE regular ?29.99 price plan with 1GB, 1000 minutes and unlimited texts until 31st July.

While stocks last, pay monthly customers can also get a free gift with this phone (valued at ?130) which includes a wireless charger, wireless speaker and ?20 Windows store voucher.

And for just ?3 more, customers can boost their data to 10GB and get unlimited broadband at Home "

So, I'm not getting the ?100 cashback (from CPW), but I also don't have to spend the same ?100 buying out my current EE contract.... My current bill is ?33p/m, only I get 1GB allowance - to be honest, I think that EE deal is a blinder!!!

wonder if its the 4G+ or just 4G for the 10Gb.. great deal though, will be asking about it tonight!

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok, don't know... (what is 4G+?!!)

But I've just taken them up on it.
The ?3 for an extra 10GB is a bit of a squizz as it's dependent on you taking their broadband.... but I'm paying ?55 per month for my BB with BT, so I've taken them up on their broadband too, which will be ?30 per month instead.

My order for the 930 is in now too, so just have to sit back and wait :)

Only slightly annoying thing was that he said it's posted on the 17th :( so I probably won't see it until the 18th... or even the 21st! (after the weekend).

Fingers crossed!

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
New email from EE:

"Hi Gavin

Strange isn't it I was told this morning that it was the 14th. Are you going to ring them in the morning to find out?

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Went into an ee store on way home and they have nothing on their systems to say it's available to pre order yet. Will try again tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Strange isn't it I was told this morning that it was the 14th. Are you going to ring them in the morning to find out?
Err, no, I emailed back to confirm I wanted to go ahead and could they call me tomorrow to sign up, and he phoned me immediately and said he could do it now.... which he did ... and got the email confirming it!.

sumwerensilence

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
If i order the German version from Amazon.de and get it delivered to the USA will it work on ATT? I wasnt sure if the versions in different countries all had the same radios. I know LTE won't work

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786