Lumia 930 availability

Martin87

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine today with Carphone Warehouse, Black 930 on EE with unlimited texts and minutes, with 4GB of data. ?37.99 a month. Getting the preorder pack stuff with it, should be delivered on the 17th :).

blade-jac

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Ordered mine from CPW, roll on Wednesday :)
49.99 Orange Phone
28 a month
unlimited texts and calls
1GB data
100 cashback
Wireless bundle.

sounds pretty good to me, I went through to EE retentions but the deals were nowhere near as good, all they kept telling me was there 4G was better than o2's.....

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Not a bad deal, but I would have to buy myself out of the contract with EE (which would eat up the ?100 cashback!) - and I'm happy with the free phone.
I guess because I've switched my BB to them too, it's helped with the additional 10GB on the phone (not that I'll use anywhere near that!)

Felix Blake

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
So, I can preorder on vodafone via Carphone warehouse, yet no vodafone CS have any information on the phone.
One of them linked me to a external website just stating the information, saying it looks a real nice phone and that they will put ina call back with the upgrades team to contact me (they never did btw)

On chat again and the guy still had no idea (this was the upgrades team). I would go with Carphone warehouse route but then i wont get my 20% off line rental deal. I really hope Voda do a preorder other wise come Thursday its just going to be annoying.

Update: Voda say they aren't offering pre-orders and are only taking direct orders. Apparently though, they have a lot of stock that are in stores already and are ready to go...

Last edited:

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Its difficult to keep track of this monster thread!!, but 3 days ago Vodafone called me to say they were sending them out now (3 days ago), when I confirmed I wanted to go ahead they had sold out, with new stock due in today.

I know it's conflicting information, but the chap I spoke to knew what I was on about and was quite keen to help.

It really does depend on who you talk to! (the official launch date was supposed to be the 17th.

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Its difficult to keep track of this monster thread!!, but 3 days ago Vodafone called me to say they were sending them out now (3 days ago), when I confirmed I wanted to go ahead they had sold out, with new stock due in today.

I know it's conflicting information, but the chap I spoke to knew what I was on about and was quite keen to help.

It really does depend on who you talk to! (the official launch date was supposed to be the 17th.

I'd be surprised if any 'official' phones get sent out before Tuesday tbh. Though I'm hoping a day early, that would be nice!

As a side note - has anyone who has ordered via Carphone Warehouse had anything more than an order acknowledgement email? I've noticed that no money has moved from my account yet and just wondered if everyone was at the same stage? Cheers!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Last edited:

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I'd be surprised if any 'official' phones get sent out before Tuesday tbh. Though I'm hoping a day early, that would be nice!

As a side note - has anyone who has ordered via Carphone Warehouse had anything more than an order acknowledgement email? I've noticed that no money has moved from my account yet and just wondered if everyone was at the same stage? Cheers!

Hmmm - I ordered mine from CPW last night, orange with bundle, O2 with unlimited txt & voice & 8Gb data forn?89.99 one-off, ?38/month. Got a phone call from someone from CPW this morning saying order not processed as maybe tariff / cost was too high and he'll sell me another phone!!! My reaction was a polite WTF and he started the order process again and was asking for all my personal details. All sounded very dodgy so I challenged him and after a bit of silence he hung up. Went into a CPW store just now and asked them to look at my order and they said it looked fine. I'm confused and worried. Anyone else seeing this behaviour from CPW - is it a way for a telesales person to get commission by generating a new order???

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hmmm - I ordered mine from CPW last night, orange with bundle, O2 with unlimited txt & voice & 8Gb data forn?89.99 one-off, ?38/month. Got a phone call from someone from CPW this morning saying order not processed as maybe tariff / cost was too high and he'll sell me another phone!!! My reaction was a polite WTF and he started the order process again and was asking for all my personal details. All sounded very dodgy so I challenged him and after a bit of silence he hung up. Went into a CPW store just now and asked them to look at my order and they said it looked fine. I'm confused and worried. Anyone else seeing this behaviour from CPW - is it a way for a telesales person to get commission by generating a new order???

That sounds dodgy, even if it is cpw and their internal staff trying to grab orders. Did you get an acknowledgement email?

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
That does sound dodgy but not the first time I've heard of them doing stuff like this.
I'm going into an ee store tonight and if I can't pre order will be going to carphone. Seems daft that they are able to offer it before the network does...

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
That sounds dodgy, even if it is cpw and their internal staff trying to grab orders. Did you get an acknowledgement email?

Ok got to the bottom of it. Apparently some muppet from CPW e-team picked up my order, saw it was out of stock / on back order (didn't realise stock hadn't arrived yet) and thought I would want another phone!!! Anyway, spoke to someone else just now who explained what may have happened as has created a new order for me and cancelled the old one. They have 900 units coming into their warehouse shortly and approx 60-70 have been pre-ordered from that incoming stock so far, so I will be getting it. Only problem is that I'm on vacation from tomorrow for 2 weeks, but have gone for delivery to store option who will hold it from 17 July for 2 weeks. So there you go... all as a result of a muppet at CPW who didn't understand it was on pre-order awaiting stock arrival.

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Ok got to the bottom of it. Apparently some muppet from CPW e-team picked up my order, saw it was out of stock / on back order (didn't realise stock hadn't arrived yet) and thought I would want another phone!!! Anyway, spoke to someone else just now who explained what may have happened as has created a new order for me and cancelled the old one. They have 900 units coming into their warehouse shortly and approx 60-70 have been pre-ordered from that incoming stock so far, so I will be getting it. Only problem is that I'm on vacation from tomorrow for 2 weeks, but have gone for delivery to store option who will hold it from 17 July for 2 weeks. So there you go... all as a result of a muppet at CPW who didn't understand it was on pre-order awaiting stock arrival.

Well, glad you got to the bottom of it at least! I'd have been pretty confused about where the order stood too in your situation.

Bit of a shame you may be waiting a little longer due to being on holiday. But hey, holiday right!

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Ordered mine today with Carphone Warehouse, Black 930 on EE with unlimited texts and minutes, with 4GB of data. ?37.99 a month. Getting the preorder pack stuff with it, should be delivered on the 17th :).

Ordered the same today. Ee still not got it available to pre order in store so went round the corner to carphone.

Sent from my HTC One X using WPCentral Forums mobile app

Snapples

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
My white 930 arrived this morning from Amazon.fr. I have flashed the 930 to the UK version & everything is good. The only gripe, and it has upset me, Let's Golf 2 in no longer available :crying:

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Pre-orders are now open at Phones4u for anybody interested in the White model; although it seems they only provide Vodafone as a network.

Am I the only one who finds it odd that the likes of P4U and CPW are offering handsets through networks before the networks themselves? Or is this pretty standard?

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)