Is it too early to tell if there will be a T-Mobile compatible version?

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
So as you may know the 1520.3 is tmobile compatible and the black 925.2 is as well. Will there be a similar model 930 that is compatible with tmobile? Or is it too early to tell? I really hate that T-Mobile has been getting the crappiest phones. I don't wanna switch service but I want a top notch windows phone!

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't hold my breath on T-Mobile getting a high end Windows Phone, see what they did with the Lumia 810. I have both the 521 & 925 and I love my 925. Best phone I've ever had. I've contacted customer care and expressed my wishes to them in the phone, online, & in store and every time the nearby store told me that there isn't a big demand for Windows Phones at the moment. Once they see a big demand, they'll consider other models. Plus, T-Mobile is a member of the OHA with Google as the parent company.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
So as you may know the 1520.3 is tmobile compatible and the black 925.2 is as well. Will there be a similar model 930 that is compatible with tmobile? Or is it too early to tell? I really hate that T-Mobile has been getting the crappiest phones. I don't wanna switch service but I want a top notch windows phone!

I can't say for sure, but given the track record of T-Mobile compatible Lumias that have popped up over the past few months, I wouldn't be surprised. I would definitely check Negri a few months after the 930 is released, because you never know. :wink:

jgbstetson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For every major device, Nokia creates a Latin America variant. These are the ones you can sometimes find through third parties that are compatible with American LTE bands. Examples are the RM-938 (1520) and RM-995 (1320). So, it's really just a matter of time and retailers' ability to get their hands on some I believe. What sucks is that we can't use JUMP or EIP and there's no market for used devices. Anyway, I give up and will probably leave Tmo when my contract end at the end of the year. All of Tmo's money is tied up in marketing services and not securing device exclusives.

shinkamui

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Device exclusives are what got you in this mess now :). We need more all band chipsets and an open market. Even if they won't carry the handset at least you could but it easily without all the nonsense involved today, just trying to track a compatible variant and in some cases getting it unlocked 🔓

Sent from my RM-893_nam_tmous_201 using Tapatalk

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
What customer need is an unlocked U.S. 930 model like they have in the EU that can be used in all US carriers. But the carriers in the U.S. have to much power to dictate to the manufacturer unless you are Apple or Google that is!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion