Hey guys, I need some opinions to calm my mind down.

I really really really love the design of the Lumia 930. Also, I have always wanted to try out a windows phone (mostly cause I run 8.1 on pc).

However, I am with HTCone at the moment... And wondering and wondering and more wondering if I should switch to Lumia. Is it really worth switching?

What do you guys think?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    Brandon Tobias likes this.
    05-05-2014 01:11 AM
    It really depends on what your needs are. There are actually great features in WP not available in other platforms and is claimed to be "more personal", but if you are a into apps, you should know games/even apps, take longer to come to WP and gets updates after a long time. But that's not a real problem for me and may change with 8.1
    But WP has its advantages, no lag etc, etc, . And these advantages seem to null the so called "app gap".

Well in my opinion, you should get a Lumia.
    05-05-2014 01:17 AM
    No one can really answer that question except you. Many of us here are here because we chose a windows phone over another.

If you know what you're getting like me, jumping straight in to a model like the 930 is fine. (except it was the 920 for me)
    if you are on the fence and just want a test device, a lower end Lumia like the 520 is an excellent trial device because of the low cost and decent experience. I'd say trying to hands on whether you bought it or trying it in-store is the best way to get a feel for it. However, spend more than 10 seconds poking around and generally disregard the pressures of the salesperson.
    Windows Phone is something many do not give a chance, thanks for considering.

Whether the 930 is worth the money, you'll have to research and figure out whether the cost of the 930 is worth it over another Lumia or other phone to you.
    a5cent and Jexotic like this.
    05-05-2014 01:26 AM
    I have a Lumia 920 (the 930's predecesor) and have absolutely loved the device. Its tough as nails, feels great, Nokia's firmware complements WP greatly, and the wireless charging is awesome. No more stumbling in the dark for a cord. I love WP and the 920 is one of my favorite phones ever. Hope this helps.
    05-05-2014 01:26 AM
    And ultimately its up to you!
    05-05-2014 01:28 AM
    Originally I was looking between the galaxy 3 and this phone. At the time android made sence because I do everything through google but WP hit my geek factor. Glad I made the move and will never look back. The UI is great, very easy to personalize and have had no issues integrating google, I actually still use google as my contact backup which is a native choice with WP. As far as maps I actually was surprised but I prefer nokias system. I love offline maps (you can download indicvidual states). Its great because it saves data but also if I hit a cellular deadzone the navigation still works. I recomend giving it a try, I found it a great decision.
    Jexotic likes this.
    05-05-2014 01:31 AM
    Thanks for all the opinions guys. I know it's up to me. But I still wanted to get to know what the ones with experience have to say. From the posts, I see that the Windows Phone is not really that bad. I will try it out. Thank you.
    JamesPTao likes this.
    05-05-2014 05:00 PM
    Thanks for all the opinions guys. I know it's up to me. But I still wanted to get to know what the ones with experience have to say. From the posts, I see that the Windows Phone is not really that bad. I will try it out. Thank you.
    im in the same boat as you, i wanted to use WP so i took my brother-in-law htc 8x lol, and i really like it cause its simple and really clean. its htc which i dont like, so i will probably buy the 930 when its out. currently using htc 8x, note 2, iphone5
    05-05-2014 11:33 PM
    I had an HTC one for a couple weeks, I really liked the remote control feature but honestly very little else. I traded it for a Moto X which I liked more. That said, I still keep coming back to the windows phone and imagine I will spend more time there with 8.1 seemingly around the corner. I like the idea of Google now but think Cortana will ultimately get what I miss from that. The keyboard with word shape feels better than Swype (I'm using the developer preview), and I like the consistency I feel in windows phone.
    05-05-2014 11:45 PM
    If you have some extra funds, this forum usually recommends investing in the lower end Lumia model (i.e. 520) so you dont have to switch and regret your choice. The lower end models perform WP8 really well, so you would be able to justify if fully switching is the best choice. It comes down to how invested you're in Apps, and if those apps are avaliable on WP. In terms of performance the OS runs solid, the main complaint from most is the app selection and quality.
    05-12-2014 02:13 PM