Is the wait to long?

ak_r7

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Nokia announced 930 availability in Brazil, Q3 !!!!
Wth. . I can't wait for eternity fr 930..
Gonna buy 1520 soon..

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Every time I consider a Nokia / Windows Phone device the problem is either that Microsoft is too slow to release updates thus limiting both their OS and the potential for phone manufacturers like Nokia to produce up-to-specifications devices. Or Nokia is incapable of producing their phones in enough bulk to supply the customers for whatever the reason.

And the supply-chain is always focused on the US, where they have the fewest customers. Europeans have to wait. And Americans are stuck with the torment of carrier exclusives, so it's not like they live in a paradise. From what we've seen from Microsoft so far, that US-centric approach will just get worse with them at the helm.

It's always too little too late from Microsoft/Nokia, and it makes me sad. Unless they can pick up the pace, I'll undoubtedly go with either the HTC M8 Prime, LG G3 or OnePlus One. I was so dreaming of a 1030 by summer...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Nokia announced 930 availability in Brazil, Q3 !!!!
Wth. . I can't wait for eternity fr 930..
Gonna buy 1520 soon..

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Maybe that's just when the South American version will be out. Keep in mind it took 4-5 months after the initial release of the Lumia 1520 for the Lumia 1520.3 to be released

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
July is too long to wait. "It's coming beginning of July! The wait will be worth it we can promise" - @nokia_uk

Seems like they know the wait is unreasonable. It's time they reduce the price and release a proper flagship rather than a 10 month delayed Verizon exclusive copy (the Icon was set for release in November 2013 initially).

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
Maybe.....just maybe they put in a newer proc the 801 ? maybe that is why the delay i dont know

They don't care about the high end market, it's not where they make most their money. They make most of it selling cheaper phones that's why the 630 had an early release.

I highly doubt they'll put an 801 in the phone now or we'll expect the phone to be released in August/September! The only other thing is that they probably want to show off their shiny new high end phone with a final version of WP 8.1 and Lumia Cyan.

They aren't global leaders with mobile phones and they need to follow a rapid release schedule to catch as many customers as they can. At the moment they're just driving people away to iOS and Android.

Beijendorf

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
They don't care about the high end market, it's not where they make most their money. They make most of it selling cheaper phones that's why the 630 had an early release.

The high-end market is the most lucrative though. The low-end market has very small profit margins, so it's not where they want to be. They just completely screwed up this release as a result of the aborted release of the Goldfinger, delayed deals with Verizon and closed factory in India.

Alexandru Florin

Aug 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, for me personaly it's ok..when i buy a phone, i always buy at the end of the year, so by that time the lumia 930 will be everywhere..atleast here in Europe..I want the green Lumia 930 with no contract

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The high-end market is the most lucrative though. The low-end market has very small profit margins, so it's not where they want to be. They just completely screwed up this release as a result of the aborted release of the Goldfinger, delayed deals with Verizon and closed factory in India.

And all the exclusivity deals they do in north America....The lower end models tend to go to every carrier..why cant their high end ones?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss