Lumia 930 coming to AT&T?

Anubis4574

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
It would seem reasonable that the obvious successor of the 920 (930) would come to AT&T since the largest 920 user base is the US model. However, I cannot make heads or tails on whether the 930 is coming to at&t. Our two year contracts on those 920s are coming up, and if the 930 isn't there to sway customers for a new Windows Phone, then many will buy out of the Nokia/WP scheme and get a Sony Z2, etc. Plus, MS needs to attack the US' market share fast if they wish to survive any longer. Does anybody share my concern and/or know if the 930 is indeed coming to AT&T?
Thanks,
Anubis

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I don't believe most WP people will jump ship, most are quite loyal. But yes, the 930 is coming to At&t. That is the point of the device. It is at&t icon but with all the features the 920 had. It will come. Probably middle of summer. It was designed for At&t network in US which means it works abroad as At&t uses similar frequencies and tech as European phones. (GSM)

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought the 930 wasn't coming to any of the US carriers?? I just don't get AT&T customers. You guys are so spoiled when it comes to Windows Phone because you get just about EVERYTHING (even the 925 that was supposed to be a US exclusive to T-Mobile), yet you always want more.

Sorry, but really, you have/had the 920, 820 (I know it's EOL, but you had that, too), 8X, 1020, 520, 925, 1520, Ativ S Odyssey and are going to get the 635 (again, which should have only been for T-Mobile). Am I missing any?

Last edited:

Anubis4574

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Paying, loyal customers not having a replacement to the 920 after it has been out for 1.75 years is not being spoiled, it's unacceptable considering that Verizon has been enjoying the Icon (true current-Gen successor to 920/928) for months. The only current generation windows phone AT&T has is the 6inch 1520, which is a niche phone. The 920, 925, and 1020 are all basically the same phones with the same specs and neither of the latter two are sufficient successors to the 920.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
The problem is that only at&t uses full GSM phones, nothing else. All other us carriers use Verizon towers, sprint towers, or a mix of the three. Since pretty much the rest of the world uses GSM it is not a favoratism towards at&t it is just economics. If you want a WP out and available everywhere it will be designed as a GSM phone. All others will come next as pretty much only us uses other types.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I would love a surface phone! Curious about lenovas phone they are developing. As far as specs, really not a major factor for me. WP isn't android it doesn't need the fastest chip humanly possible on a phone to run its latest version smoothly. It runs great on any modern chipset. That said would love to see ir added, as well as micro SD, water sealing, and bigger battery. Otherwise this phone will run great and flawless with windows even up to wp9.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo