The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-23-2016 08:48 AM
228 1234 ...
tools
    can't reproduce this issue, too... works as expected in message and outlook...
    OK thanks :) Must be a result of a stupid review
    07-09-2014 07:38 AM
    can't reproduce this issue, too... works as expected in message and outlook...
    Same, all is working fine on mine 😊

Its an impressive device!!
    Or Shanoon likes this.
    07-09-2014 11:41 AM
    The Nokia Lumia 930 is now shipping in Belgium! I received mine a few hours ago and I'm absolutely loving it! This is my first Windows Phone and I have to say that everything works very good!

I loooove the design of the 930!!! But it is quite big. You can use it one-handed though and when I was watching a YouTube video, the screen was absolutely fantastic!

07-10-2014 06:32 AM
    Haha, I'm from Belgium too! Congrats with your first WP!
    JamesPTao likes this.
    07-10-2014 11:34 AM
    The Nokia Lumia 930 is now shipping in Belgium! I received mine a few hours ago and I'm absolutely loving it! This is my first Windows Phone and I have to say that everything works very good!

I loooove the design of the 930!!! But it is quite big. You can use it one-handed though and when I was watching a YouTube video, the screen was absolutely fantastic!

http://i61.tinypic.com/260vivk.jpg
    http://i61.tinypic.com/2qjeq7r.jpg
    What colour is yours? Anyone got the orange or Green and if so what do they look like?
    07-10-2014 09:26 PM
    What colour is yours? Anyone got the orange or Green and if so what do they look like?
    Orange here... Its bright!! Pictures don't display the colour properly. Imagine the old highlighter pens and your close lol
    07-11-2014 01:46 AM
    White one, sorry! The green and orange look a bit to bright for me!
    07-11-2014 03:23 AM
    I bought orange one, the color looks worst to me. Thats y i kept it under case
    07-11-2014 03:33 AM
    I bought orange one, the color looks worst to me. Thats y i kept it under case
    I'm not getting what you're trying to say... You bought an orange handset but think it's the worst colour? Why did you buy it? Or am I reading this wrong?
    Evindzer likes this.
    07-11-2014 03:40 AM
    I saw in those Ads and in photos. In that it is dark orange. But while seeing it live, its horrible. Its better to paint it back with some paint colors
    07-11-2014 03:44 AM
    So I've got my Nokia Lumia 930 for about 24 hours now! My first impression was that it is an amazing device, and this impression is still the same! Since most of you still have to wait a few days to weeks, I'm gonna write a little review for you. I'm coming from a cheap Android device, so I won't really be able to compare it to the 920 or other Windows Phone devices.

Design

Personally, I adore the design of the 930! The blocky, industrial design with aluminium frame look very good, ... if you're into it. I understand that some people like the design of the 920 and 1020 more, but it is personal, so I wont say much more about it! There is one thing I do want to mention though. Because the backside is not completely flat, the device looks thinner and it seems to be 'floating' on the table too. The ports work good and are firm. The sim card tray is very easy to open!

Hardware
    The Nokia Lumia 930 has amazing specs! The best you can get in a Windows Phone and most certainly future-proof. Windows Phone doesn't NEED these specs, but believe me, you do WANT them! I did a little speed comparison with my brother's Nokia Lumia 620 and the difference in just loading a webpage is big!

Then there's also the camera, which takes amazing pictures!! I haven't really had the chance to go out and test it, but the few shots I've taken all looked amazing. I also filmed my brother while he was playing the guitar and the sound was great. Just like Nokia advertises, you get a great surround sound.

I can't tell much about battery life, because it's been only 24 hours. But it seems OK. Nothing amazing, but just good.

Software
    I'm coming from an Android device, so the software is a big change for me. I won't compare WP8 to WP8.1, but Android to WP8.1.
    I already said it was a cheap device, so I never got ANY update! I had been stuck on Android 2.3 for two years and that was quite frustrating! I used many, many launchers, which is a big advantage to Android, but I never found the perfect one! From the first second I started using the Windows Phone homescreen, it just felt right! Live tiles, different sizes of icons, ... Why need a replacement, if the standard launcher is perfect?

Then there are the apps. There are less apps on Windows Phone than on Android, but I'm not missing a single app! Instagram (6tag), Snapchat (6snap), Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Twitter, ... They're all there and that's all I need! Plus on Windows Phone there is consistency, something Android really lacks. It will improve with Android L, but when I started using Windows Phone it just felt like one big whole. Some apps do lack some functions that are present on Android, but it is not as big as a problem as some say.

Switching between apps was very fast with almost no 'Resuming...'-screens. Playing games was fast too. The loading times were very short and on the amazing 5-inch Full HD screen, everything just looks fantastic! Watching YouTube-videos (or normal videos) on this device is a beautiful experience. The sound goes quite loud and when you plug in your headphones (my phone came with a pair in the box), it is even better.

One little thing I have to say is that I also have the screen issue. When the brightness is low (even on automatic) everything that is supposed to look grey, turns purple. It can be quite ugly if you have set your accent color to blue for example. Hope there will be a software fix!

If you got a question, feel free to ask!
    Last edited by Glenn De Weerdt; 07-11-2014 at 04:12 AM.
    07-11-2014 03:45 AM
    I saw in those Ads and in photos. In that it is dark orange. But while seeing it live, its horrible. Its better to paint it back with some paint colors
    Tempted to replace the back cover as per my post on these forums about the tear down. I need to look into it more, but am tempted to go white or black lol

I too assumed the orange would be a little more darker.
    07-11-2014 04:01 AM
    Even i aslo thought orange is some what diff color rather than usual colors like black or white, thts y i pre-ordered orange, but it is very bad decision
    07-11-2014 04:08 AM
    Can someone say how much 100% charged battery last with "normal" usage (i.e little bit of everything). I relay like a device but I have concerns about battery life.
    07-11-2014 04:18 AM
    I charged battery in morning around 5am with 100%, and now 5:20pm evening(in Malaysia) it was showing 44%. I just played 20 mts game in lunch break(the right side corner of the phone was very hot) and modified few settings in phone. Yet to see how long 100% battery charge will long
    07-11-2014 04:23 AM
    Can someone say how much 100% charged battery last with "normal" usage (i.e little bit of everything). I relay like a device but I have concerns about battery life.
    I'll try to answer you're question as soon as I can, but this is the first time I'm starting a day with a fully charged phone. I unplugged my phone at 10.00AM and now at 11.23AM I've still got 97% while getting and opening a few notifications (an e-mail, multiple Facebook Messenger messages) and checking Instagram. Can't say more for now. But most reviewers say it's a good battery.
    07-11-2014 04:24 AM
    Thank you for an prompt answers :) and I await your further inputs.
    07-11-2014 04:27 AM
    I'll try to answer you're question as soon as I can, but this is the first time I'm starting a day with a fully charged phone. I unplugged my phone at 10.00AM and now at 11.23PM I've still got 97% while getting and opening a few notifications (an e-mail, multiple Facebook Messenger messages) and checking Instagram. Can't say more for now. But most reviewers say it's a good battery.
    No offence, but unless your in airplane mode that's near impossible. I unplug my phone at 10AM and with no usage by 11am I'm at 98%. We have different phones, but no way your battery life is that great. I can understand 70-80% by end of day with EXTREMELY light usage, but no way dude.
    Cryio likes this.
    07-11-2014 04:28 AM
    No offence, but unless your in airplane mode that's near impossible. I unplug my phone at 10AM and with no usage by 11am I'm at 98%. We have different phones, but no way your battery life is that great. I can understand 70-80% by end of day with EXTREMELY light usage, but no way dude.
    Sorry, that is completely wrong indeed :D I meant 11.23 AM!
    Just wanted to say that there is no battery drain in stand-by mode.
    Evindzer likes this.
    07-11-2014 04:29 AM
    Even i aslo thought orange is some what diff color rather than usual colors like black or white, thts y i pre-ordered orange, but it is very bad decision
    Is it available in Malaysia?
    07-11-2014 07:25 AM
    There must be something wrong with my unit, because battery life is terrible! I can't even get a full day of usage out of if and that's with quite normal usage! Very frustrating!!! :/
    07-11-2014 10:09 AM
    There must be something wrong with my unit, because battery life is terrible! I can't even get a full day of usage out of if and that's with quite normal usage! Very frustrating!!! :/
    This is what I feared. I have a feeling that with Nokia's 930 battery capacity it will struggle to last for a day. I hope that I am wrong.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-11-2014 11:28 AM
    Battery life gets better after 2/3 charges. The first day my battery life was terrible too, but now it seems to last longer.
    07-11-2014 12:07 PM
    I recieved my 930 today and sold my 1020 yesterday, the 930 is a real beauty design wise i love it, also seems way faster than the 1020 (WP8.1 DP) i think it is due to the Cyan firmware missing on the DP. I will play a couple of days with the device and post a proper review.
    07-11-2014 12:16 PM
    What do you guys think about the edges of the device. I currently have a Lumia 920 and it feels so natural to hold because of the rounded edges. A few days ago I tested the 930 in a store and compared to the 920 the edges are really sharp, the 920 is way more comfortable to use. This is really a no go for me. I read many review (also customer reviews) and it seems that nobody mentions the edges. Or maybe its just me^^
    It's something you would get used to. I had the 920, now I'm actually using iPhone 5 since I broke my 920 and I'm waiting for the 930 (Not 100% convinced I want to buy it...), and the iPhone has sharp edges and I really don't care anymore. I held the 930 today, and it was so much better in the hand than the iPhone. There is sharp edges yes, but the back and display is curved, and that I LOVE.
    07-11-2014 01:58 PM
228 1234 ...