12-23-2016 08:48 AM
228 12345 ...
tools
    Okay, can anyone with Orange or Green Lumia 930 please give their impression of the color? I see that people with orange is disappointed in the color since it seems a little darkish in the pictures.

I was really considering a orange 930, so now I'm wondering what to do. How is the green? Is that just as (too much) bright? Can anyone manage to get the right color on a picture to show us?
    07-11-2014 02:08 PM
    Okay, can anyone with Orange or Green Lumia 930 please give their impression of the color? I see that people with orange is disappointed in the color since it seems a little darkish in the pictures.

I was really considering a orange 930, so now I'm wondering what to do. How is the green? Is that just as (too much) bright? Can anyone manage to get the right color on a picture to show us?

I got orange. Too bright I think. Would choose black if I could change my mind.
    thatuxguy likes this.
    07-11-2014 02:44 PM

Seriously think orange highlighter pen and you get the idea ;) its very very bright.
    07-11-2014 02:46 PM
    I got orange. Too bright I think. Would choose black if I could change my mind.
    Orange can never be too bright. NEVER!!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-11-2014 02:55 PM
    Seriously think orange highlighter pen and you get the idea ;) its very very bright.
    Do you regret getting the orange? Is it almost like it's "glowing" haha :p
    It's sad that I don't get to see it anytime soon (most likely) so I have to choose in blind. Considering the white version, but I don't want to miss out if I actually like the color. Can't trade it for another color after I've opened it, stupid laws.. :/
    07-11-2014 05:10 PM
    For those complaining about a purple tint when the display brightness is turned down:

Is it just me, it does Nokia really struggle with this? People with the Icon have also complained about this issue, and I remember my Lumia 900 having this problem shortly after release, until an update came out to address the issue.
    07-11-2014 05:37 PM
    I will give my orange Lumia 930 back. The reason for that are:

-Display issues. from purple tint, low response time -> motion blur and uneven colours especially with white
    -wakeup is much slower than on Lumia 920. Would say almost twice the time
    -camera is good, but only slightly better if you don't use digital zoom much
    -button backlit looks so cheap because especially the windows key is not homogeneously illuminated
    -display is (at least for my eyes) not brighter in sunlight

So for now it's not a big upgrade from my 920. I think I will wait until they fix the screen issues and the price goes down. Btw it's just 489€ here in Germany. I know that's a pretty good price but I will wait.
    07-12-2014 04:49 AM
    Its not the Cyan but the HW.., L930 is quadcore vs yesterday's dual core on 1020.

I recieved my 930 today and sold my 1020 yesterday, the 930 is a real beauty design wise i love it, also seems way faster than the 1020 (WP8.1 DP) i think it is due to the Cyan firmware missing on the DP. I will play a couple of days with the device and post a proper review.
    07-12-2014 06:55 AM
    yes, it was released on July 10th
    07-12-2014 08:14 AM
    Its not the Cyan but the HW.., L930 is quadcore vs yesterday's dual core on 1020.
    I know its a bit of both actually, the 1020 seemed faster on WP8 with black then on WP8.1 on black. Also the 930 works faster than the 1520 on WP8.1 with black. So it has to be the firmware wich is optimized for WP8.1 and the hardware cripled without the proper firmware even if it is a Snapdragon 800.
    07-12-2014 12:39 PM
    I will give my orange Lumia 930 back. The reason for that are:

-Display issues. from purple tint, low response time -> motion blur and uneven colours especially with white
    -camera is good, but only slightly better if you don't use digital zoom much
    -button backlit looks so cheap because especially the windows key is not homogeneously illuminated
    -display is (at least for my eyes) not brighter in sunlight

So for now it's not a big upgrade from my 920. I think I will wait until they fix the screen issues and the price goes down. Btw it's just 489 here in Germany. I know that's a pretty good price but I will wait.
    I totally agree with you.. I also add that battery life after 3 days is as bad as first day.. 12 hours with regular use

Btw, this phone looks like my next heating machine for winter
    Miska Hietala likes this.
    07-12-2014 02:43 PM
    Well my 1020 is a heating machine. You can cook an egg on the camera bump..
    Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk
    07-12-2014 03:21 PM
    Quite possibly the most solidly built, aesthetically pleasing and feature packed phone I've ever used.
    I'm finding wp8.1 is amazing, such a sleek designed interface, tonnes of fun innovative apps, the animations and transitions are so fluid.
    Damn that camera drool...
    07-12-2014 04:05 PM
    I'm loving everything about the phone. I love the bright orange colour. Any of you have any issues accessing the Action Centre?
    Kristian Toft likes this.
    07-12-2014 04:38 PM
    I'm loving everything about the phone. I love the bright orange colour. Any of you have any issues accessing the Action Centre?
    Not really, but it seams like the activation field is smaller now. I made a habit of swiping down from the speaker and it works perfectly.
    Firdaus Edymainoe likes this.
    07-12-2014 05:30 PM
    I decided to do a test and found wakeup to be about 0.6 sec on the 920 and about 0.9 sec on the 930. The 930 used 0.25 sec fade in time starting around 0.7 sec.

This is definitely noticeable but not a deal breaker in my case. I tend to use double tap now as I don't have to change the grip to wake the phone.
    Or Shanoon likes this.
    07-12-2014 07:30 PM

I went to check both colors in a store and I thought the orange looked just as good as advertised. The green however seemed much brighter than in pictures and I would've hoped it would've been just a bit lighter/less bright color. I really like the orange but I don't know if it's really my color in general.
    07-13-2014 06:02 AM
    Not really, but it seams like the activation field is smaller now. I made a habit of swiping down from the speaker and it works perfectly.
    Not for me tho, even the gallery icon in the Nokia Camera app is not responsive. It's weird because it's just at the top. Hmm...
    07-13-2014 08:38 AM
    I decided to do a test and found wakeup to be about 0.6 sec on the 920 and about 0.9 sec on the 930. The 930 used 0.25 sec fade in time starting around 0.7 sec.

This is definitely noticeable but not a deal breaker in my case. I tend to use double tap now as I don't have to change the grip to wake the phone.
    Keep in mind folks, the 920 is something like 19 months old, it's on its 10th firmware update.... although one would have hoped the one good thing of us getting the Icon 5 months late would be no more day 1 issues. Then again it is running on 8.1, which just came out.
    07-13-2014 10:00 AM
    My 920 is running 8.1, too. And it's the exact same build. So WP 8.1 is not a valid point. The display problems are very frustrating, especially since the icon is out some time, as you mentioned.

Although I did not stop the time, the difference to wake up are bigger with my devices.
    07-13-2014 10:30 AM
    I'm hoping it will get better soon as I was hoping to take this on vacation with me. I have mine connected to just wi-fi (waiting for Cricket to activate the nano SIM chip...) and the battery feels like it dies much faster than any other phone I have (all background tasks but Weather are off). It's probably since I'm messing around with it a lot so I'll give a few more days/charging cycles before I make my decision. Otherwise, I really like the phone and camera. If you have a 920 and are sitting on an upgrade, though, I recommend waiting for whatever might be coming later this year. The 930 is an incremental update, not a major one.

I totally agree with you.. I also add that battery life after 3 days is as bad as first day.. 12 hours with regular use

Btw, this phone looks like my next heating machine for winter
    07-13-2014 12:14 PM
    I just cannot get over how well built this phone is, the single block of aluminium construction + poly back + tapered GG3 front, the weight feels "just right" imo, really premium. It all appears to be so precisely executed....

I've found the battery to last me all day under moderate use, which is how I use it. It can heat up but I don't care.

(my old phone was a Sammy GS3)
    thatuxguy likes this.
    07-13-2014 04:54 PM
    Orange can never be too bright. NEVER!!
    Dutch? :D
    07-14-2014 04:08 AM
    I just cannot get over how well built this phone is, the single block of aluminium construction + poly back + tapered GG3 front, the weight feels "just right" imo, really premium. It all appears to be so precisely executed....

I've found the battery to last me all day under moderate use, which is how I use it. It can heat up but I don't care.

(my old phone was a Sammy GS3)
    Yeah, I've been running to the local tech stores several times the last week now just to get hands on with the device. It is absolutely gorgeous!

I just can't decide whether to get one now or not.. I don't really need a new phone yet, but I'd likely get one the next 6 months. However I have a 50€ voucher that is good for until 15th of August. Most likely even in 6 months I can't get the phone for that price (or even if I could I might just get it now...) so I'm torn between the options :P
    07-14-2014 04:28 AM
    Yeah, I've been running to the local tech stores several times the last week now just to get hands on with the device. It is absolutely gorgeous!

I just can't decide whether to get one now or not.. I don't really need a new phone yet, but I'd likely get one the next 6 months. However I have a 50€ voucher that is good for until 15th of August. Most likely even in 6 months I can't get the phone for that price (or even if I could I might just get it now...) so I'm torn between the options :P
    Same here... I really shouldn't be buying any more phones, just got a 1520.3 a few months ago lol. I'd sell it if I get a 930, but I can't bring myself to buy one so far considering it doesn't have North American LTE bands (yet), poorer battery life, and no glance. Also, I'd have to do without the Flash Video app I love, as it's been taken down from the market place for some reason. Installed it on my 1520 just in time.
    07-14-2014 10:13 AM
228 12345 ...