Nokia Lumia 930: User Reviews

Glenn De Weerdt

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Can someone say how much 100% charged battery last with "normal" usage (i.e little bit of everything). I relay like a device but I have concerns about battery life.

I'll try to answer you're question as soon as I can, but this is the first time I'm starting a day with a fully charged phone. I unplugged my phone at 10.00AM and now at 11.23AM I've still got 97% while getting and opening a few notifications (an e-mail, multiple Facebook Messenger messages) and checking Instagram. Can't say more for now. But most reviewers say it's a good battery.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I'll try to answer you're question as soon as I can, but this is the first time I'm starting a day with a fully charged phone. I unplugged my phone at 10.00AM and now at 11.23PM I've still got 97% while getting and opening a few notifications (an e-mail, multiple Facebook Messenger messages) and checking Instagram. Can't say more for now. But most reviewers say it's a good battery.
No offence, but unless your in airplane mode that's near impossible. I unplug my phone at 10AM and with no usage by 11am I'm at 98%. We have different phones, but no way your battery life is that great. I can understand 70-80% by end of day with EXTREMELY light usage, but no way dude.

Glenn De Weerdt

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
No offence, but unless your in airplane mode that's near impossible. I unplug my phone at 10AM and with no usage by 11am I'm at 98%. We have different phones, but no way your battery life is that great. I can understand 70-80% by end of day with EXTREMELY light usage, but no way dude.

Sorry, that is completely wrong indeed :D I meant 11.23 AM!
Just wanted to say that there is no battery drain in stand-by mode.

Glenn De Weerdt

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
There must be something wrong with my unit, because battery life is terrible! I can't even get a full day of usage out of if and that's with quite normal usage! Very frustrating!!! :/

niki999

May 29, 2014
Visit site
There must be something wrong with my unit, because battery life is terrible! I can't even get a full day of usage out of if and that's with quite normal usage! Very frustrating!!! :/

This is what I feared. I have a feeling that with Nokia's 930 battery capacity it will struggle to last for a day. I hope that I am wrong.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I recieved my 930 today and sold my 1020 yesterday, the 930 is a real beauty design wise i love it, also seems way faster than the 1020 (WP8.1 DP) i think it is due to the Cyan firmware missing on the DP. I will play a couple of days with the device and post a proper review.

torarnevistnes

May 28, 2014
Visit site
What do you guys think about the edges of the device. I currently have a Lumia 920 and it feels so natural to hold because of the rounded edges. A few days ago I tested the 930 in a store and compared to the 920 the edges are really sharp, the 920 is way more comfortable to use. This is really a no go for me. I read many review (also customer reviews) and it seems that nobody mentions the edges. Or maybe its just me^^

It's something you would get used to. I had the 920, now I'm actually using iPhone 5 since I broke my 920 and I'm waiting for the 930 (Not 100% convinced I want to buy it...), and the iPhone has sharp edges and I really don't care anymore. I held the 930 today, and it was so much better in the hand than the iPhone. There is sharp edges yes, but the back and display is curved, and that I LOVE.

torarnevistnes

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Okay, can anyone with Orange or Green Lumia 930 please give their impression of the color? I see that people with orange is disappointed in the color since it seems a little darkish in the pictures.

I was really considering a orange 930, so now I'm wondering what to do. How is the green? Is that just as (too much) bright? Can anyone manage to get the right color on a picture to show us?

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Okay, can anyone with Orange or Green Lumia 930 please give their impression of the color? I see that people with orange is disappointed in the color since it seems a little darkish in the pictures.

I was really considering a orange 930, so now I'm wondering what to do. How is the green? Is that just as (too much) bright? Can anyone manage to get the right color on a picture to show us?

I got orange. Too bright I think. Would choose black if I could change my mind.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Seriously think orange highlighter pen and you get the idea ;) its very very bright.

torarnevistnes

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Seriously think orange highlighter pen and you get the idea ;) its very very bright.

Do you regret getting the orange? Is it almost like it's "glowing" haha :p
It's sad that I don't get to see it anytime soon (most likely) so I have to choose in blind. Considering the white version, but I don't want to miss out if I actually like the color. Can't trade it for another color after I've opened it, stupid laws.. :/

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
For those complaining about a purple tint when the display brightness is turned down:

Is it just me, it does Nokia really struggle with this? People with the Icon have also complained about this issue, and I remember my Lumia 900 having this problem shortly after release, until an update came out to address the issue.

Sledgehamma

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
I will give my orange Lumia 930 back. The reason for that are:

-Display issues. from purple tint, low response time -> motion blur and uneven colours especially with white
-wakeup is much slower than on Lumia 920. Would say almost twice the time
-camera is good, but only slightly better if you don't use digital zoom much
-button backlit looks so cheap because especially the windows key is not homogeneously illuminated
-display is (at least for my eyes) not brighter in sunlight

So for now it's not a big upgrade from my 920. I think I will wait until they fix the screen issues and the price goes down. Btw it's just 489€ here in Germany. I know that's a pretty good price but I will wait.

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Its not the Cyan but the HW.., L930 is quadcore vs yesterday's dual core on 1020.

I recieved my 930 today and sold my 1020 yesterday, the 930 is a real beauty design wise i love it, also seems way faster than the 1020 (WP8.1 DP) i think it is due to the Cyan firmware missing on the DP. I will play a couple of days with the device and post a proper review.

Mafiatounes

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Its not the Cyan but the HW.., L930 is quadcore vs yesterday's dual core on 1020.

I know its a bit of both actually, the 1020 seemed faster on WP8 with black then on WP8.1 on black. Also the 930 works faster than the 1520 on WP8.1 with black. So it has to be the firmware wich is optimized for WP8.1 and the hardware cripled without the proper firmware even if it is a Snapdragon 800.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo