Pics and Videos taken with your Lumia 930!

arnark

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Not the greatest picture or anything. Just tried the 4k moment capture and choose the best frame from the video I made last night. Was quite satisfied with the results in low light even I could get better with just regular settings ofcourse.

momento.jpg

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Cyan
wp_20150103_17_00_40_50usk.jpg

Denim
wp_20150103_17_00_59_2buui.jpg

Yeah, personal taste LOL.

arnark

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Are you sure this is snapped by Nokia Lumia 930 Denim???? This is like... DSLR quality! What post editng you did?

Yes is taken with 930/Denim . It's not even the full res version . I seem only be able to upload a 1.5mb file, the orginal is about 10mb. I do all my editing in Lightroom/photoshop. Note that now with Denim I think that even you don't take in raw the images are really great but the big diffrence is when you take pictures with DNG then it gives you a much greater capabilites with your editing options with colors,exposures etc.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Yes is taken with 930/Denim . It's not even the full res version . I seem only be able to upload a 1.5mb file, the orginal is about 10mb. I do all my editing in Lightroom/photoshop. Note that now with Denim I think that even you don't take in raw the images are really great but the big diffrence is when you take pictures with DNG then it gives you a much greater capabilites with your editing options with colors,exposures etc.

Try this to upload big files! Bilder hochladen - abload.de

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
How does that work? I mean how will it upload to this page here in 10mb? I'm a noobie in this. But everytime I try to upload anything over 1.5mb on this forums it tells me it's to big..

After upload your file, you need to right click on image and choose "copy the image URL". To post here you have to put this link you copied between this tag:

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Cyan

Denim

Yeah, personal taste LOL.

If all they did is increase the contrast, then Denim is very dissapointing. Any photographer will tell you what losing details in highlights and shadows is bad, since it's decreasing the dynamic range. But if you prefer contrasty photos, then you can be happy with it

Anyone can add cotnrast in post production.
The picture quality is FAR from 'perfect' as you call it.

Still waiting for my Denim update though...to see for myself.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
If all they did is increase the contrast, then Denim is very dissapointing. Any photographer will tell you what losing details in highlights and shadows is bad, since it's decreasing the dynamic range. But if you prefer contrasty photos, then you can be happy with it

The second pic is completely washed out, have incredible blurry edges, the colors are innacurate AT ALL and dark areas have a brown bad tone instead a black tone, it's just awful, just pathetic...

There's nothing to do with increased level of contrast or loose details on shadows. I don't know what you talking about...

If you compare pictures you will see that Denim pic is better in absolutely all aspects of photography. Have at least the same details on dark areas, but improved crips edges, better color accuracy, doesn't have the ridiculous brown on dark areas and doesn't looks like a $19 disposable camera (like Lumia Camera Classic alghoritms).

Perfect? No, only if you pick DNG picture and treat it properly. That's photography rules, not mine. Works for Nokia, Canon, Nikon, etc.

ps.: Please open these pictures on separated pages (maximized) and you will see how bad the second picture is if compared to first one. I have 100% sure you didn't.

Last edited:

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site

I am with you Wizake, but Rodrigo seems to think of himself as some sort of expert. Don't try to argue with him, even if you have reasonable arguments and probably a bunch more of proper photography experience... he will just tell you that you are blind and should shut up ;).

Daniel Fibikar

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Well no expert here but overall sharpness and colour reproduction is far more better on DENIM with Lumia Camera for me. Can't much talk about other details because i'm not an expert.

Could be nice if someone really good at it could compare it on Cyan and DENIM.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Well no expert here but overall sharpness and colour reproduction is far more better on DENIM with Lumia Camera for me. Can't much talk about other details because i'm not an expert.

Could be nice if someone really good at it could compare it on Cyan and DENIM.

But the difference is so huge and so clear that you don't need understand anything about photography to noticed that.

Denim is so much better that everyone who say otherwise is just blind, crazy or something like that. It's pointless to discuss obvius.

The Cyan pics on Lumia 930 are like a Galaxy Y or Lumia 530. Denim looks like a real camera. The difference is that big.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa