Pics and Videos taken with your Lumia 930!

Pyroplan

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey, not to hate or anything, but Apple's image processing is extremely good. For anyone with a Mac, just use aperture once (even though it's outdated) - it has the best autocorrection I've ever seen. Anyways, the result in the end is still better on the Lumia, but I really don't think the processing is better on Lumias.

You can still use aperture for every photo ;) So its great on OSx but on Smartphones Nokia is still better - i think.
Maybe it will change with iOS 8, the WWDC 14 showed us some cool features for photos :) But i also like Nokias Creative Suite.
So simple and easy to use. Refocus is also great :) but i need to test the intelligent shots more and also the cinemagraph.

For details i think the L1020 ist perfect. Also my neighbours LG G2?! makes really good photos. Maybe better than the L930 if you are looking more sharpness and details at low distance photos (was just a short and fast test with smartphone displays).
But at the moment i think the L930 has the best quality of photos overall because the dynamic, the lightning, the colors are really great with it.
Cant wait for the 1030. Hope it will be the best of the L1020 and L930 :) and maybe a slighty better optimized image-sensor :)

Bahamen

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Also, IMO the 5s was voted the best all round smartphone by TheVerge, and considering how fast it takes photos and their overall quality i dare say it holds up.

In a certain universe, only iPhones exist and therefore by default has the best camera. In another universe, images are compared and the worst-looking one invariably gets voted the best camera. That second universe was truly a gem, if you want to find out more then search for the words "CIO.com", "iPhone 5S", "Lumia 1020".

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

Chris Wayne2

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if it is me, but for me shot from 5S looks like your hands were shaking.
Might be good to put phones on something flat, put timer on, and let the phones take picture.
That would be awesome to see results.

Well for the sake of the test it might be fair but remember that low light pictures require longer shutter speeds and here the 930 should kick *** because it has OIS which makes up for the shakiness....

Roderick Aspiras

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
My Lumia 925 easily beats iPhone specially in low light so its no contest to compare photo quality between iPhone5S and L930. However, iPhone shoots free fast pictures. How about the continuous focus enhancements on Cyan update? How was it?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have heard the focus and speed of taking photos is still quite slow, say compared to an iPhone 5s or Samsung S5..is this still the case for the 930?

I haven't tested it against the S5 as I know no one who owns one (normally my friends are smart not to buy Samsungs XD). I will test it against my friends 5S though (I already had a fun time seeing them cry over the crappy pictures the 5S produces next to the 1020 lol)

HOWEVER, one thing we must ALWAYS keep in mind: the 930 has a superior camera module. Having 8mp, 16mp or 20mp DOES make a difference in processing speeds. The more pixels a camera module has, the more time it needs to process all the information. So I will not expect the 930 to be as fast as the 5S or even the 920. Unless they had placed a ton of RAM and a SD810 in it, of course.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb