Pics and Videos taken with your Lumia 930!

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Just trying out some longer exposure stuff at home. Have not had the phone for too long yet so hadn't had a chance to do some real photography with it yet.

09g43z.jpg

Mr.NK

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes - took this picture today. Autofocus was nice (not ultrafast, but it nailed the nervous butterfly) and i used the maximum zoom with nokia camera app and 5mpx + DNG setting. Set the ISO to 100.
2014-08-09 PotsdamWP_20140809_13_33_42_Raw__highres.jpg

This is from the DNG cropped to the dimensions like the 5mpix and slightly edited with Lightroom.

WP_20140809_13_33_42_Raw.jpg

This is the original 5MPx-Picture - White Balance is not as nice and the denoise-filter is stronger so you'll lose some details as seen on the following pictures:

2014-08-09-PotsdamWP_20140809_13_33_42_Raw__highres(k).jpg

LR 5.6

WP_20140809_13_33_42_Raw(k).jpg

Cropped from the original JPG

Overall you can get nice pictures from the JPG-Engine, but especially the white-balance sometime is not as reliable as i want it to be. So 5Mpix+DNG is a nice option. But remember, you're shooting with a Smartphone-cam, so you can not push your pictures like with a DSLR.

timppa_k

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Is there any program for Lumia 930 to edit DNG files in phone. For ocasional usage PS Lightroom in PC is too expensive.
The butterfly picture based on DNG is really incredible in colours and it is clearly more sharp then 5MB picture.

realj42

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Is there any program for Lumia 930 to edit DNG files in phone. For ocasional usage PS Lightroom in PC is too expensive.
The butterfly picture based on DNG is really incredible in colours and it is clearly more sharp then 5MB picture.
FastStone Image viewer can edit DNGs and is donation-ware. A very good simple viewer/editor, I use it in preference to Photoshop for simple photo touch ups. It is limited on its noise reduction though so may only work on photos up to around ISO 400. However it is free to try and does not nag for payment.

Note to get it to edit the actual DNG (and not the preview!) you must set the 'RAW' settings to view images in Actual size.

Mr.NK

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
DNG is a the the raw-sensor-information, so you avoid the internal processing and the lost of informations in JPG's. You can "rescue" thing that went wrong (like white balance or dark shadows/blown highlights). RawTherapee is free and also capable of handling Nokia-DNG.

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Seriously the quality of this phone is amazing.

WP_20140809_20_40_40_Raw.jpg

WP_20140809_20_41_03_Raw.jpg

Edit: I think the forum took some of the quality out. I'm not sure.

timppa_k

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
FastStone Image viewer can edit DNGs and is donation-ware. A very good simple viewer/editor, I use it in preference to Photoshop for simple photo touch ups. It is limited on its noise reduction though so may only work on photos up to around ISO 400. However it is free to try and does not nag for payment....

Thanks a lot. Interesting program as a free ware.

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Video quality is very good on this. 1080p would do that.
The camera quality is also very good from what I've used (pretty much auto on all situations). With lots of light its damn good.
I did notice that you can zoom in further before snapping using the MS camera app vs the Nokia camera app (I kept swapping back and forth between the two in the settings). I also like the camera button better than the on screen touch capture.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Raw Therappe. I think it's best, faster and more user-friendly than Lightroom. You should give a try.

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
This seems to be on par with the 1520.. great work.

The sensor seems to be a good balance b/w size and quality... no wonder most flagships out there are starting to use it.. including the ip6 if the rumors are true.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro