Pics and Videos taken with your Lumia 930!

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
The cathedral (Freising Cathedral - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) is pretty dark, I did not do any exposure correction to bring out the seats more visibly as I kind of like them to be dark so that the view focuses on the roof.
My point is more that it is just an example of Denim increasing contrast, not saying it isn't a nice picture.

I'd be willing to bet a nice cold beer though, that the same picture with Cyan would have a lot more detail in those shadows ;). You can see this increase in contrast in almost all comparisons. In my opinion this is just a bad change instead of improvement. In almost every other way, Denim with Lumia Camera is an improvement. Speed, 4K, Moment etc.

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I've made some comparisons before/after the denim update.
As I've said, while the denim update was downloading, I snapped a few pictures, and after denim was installed, shot them again.

this is what i got:

cyan-denim-1.jpgcyan-denim-3.jpgcyan-denim-4.jpg

Unfortunately, all I have are indoor photos.
I can't say I like what they've done. I was expecting more realistic color rendition.
All I see is increased contrast and saturation. The Denim colors are NOT the real colors. The Cyan version was much better in this aspect

Last edited:

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
These are ruins from a textile mill. The waterfall is a dam that was built to power the mill in the 1830's. The mill made uniforms for the Confederates, so it was completely destroyed. Just a warehouse building and some walls here and there remain.

5b.jpg
6b.jpg
7b.jpg
8.jpg

damianar1984

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

i have one question and i'm hopping, that someone can explain or help me. After updating to Denim i musst say, that the blue sky on the 5mp Pictures is horrible but the sharpness is amazing. I tried to shot with dng, with much better skycolor but the sharpness is horrible even after editing it with coreldraw.

Pureview.JPG

The left picture is the 5mp shot with better sharpness, the left one is the dng-file.

sky.JPG

Now if you look to the sky, the left picture is not naturally the right is.

How can an get the best of boths in one Picture?

Best regards

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

i have one question and i'm hopping, that someone can explain or help me. After updating to Denim i musst say, that the blue sky on the 5mp Pictures is horrible but the sharpness is amazing. I tried to shot with dng, with much better skycolor but the sharpness is horrible even after editing it with coreldraw.
Best regards

Normally the DNG file does not have any sharpening applied to it, like in the case of jpeg.
You might want to use a tool that is more specialized to photography, like Lightroom (there is a free trial if you want to test it).
I never used Corel Draw to edit photographs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea