Pics and Videos taken with your Lumia 930!

anon(5841099)

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Darker images aren't necessarily worse, but they seem to have changed the algorithm in Lumia Camera 5 or just in Denim FW itself. The algorithm now pushes the contrast up a lot, and does some weird stuff to saturation as well sometimes. The bump in contrast means that often you will lose details in any dark parts of any picture. I was actually thinking about going back to Cyan, but the Lumia Recovery Tool is now only offering Denim for my CV.

Marty89

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Darker images aren't necessarily worse, but they seem to have changed the algorithm in Lumia Camera 5 or just in Denim FW itself. The algorithm now pushes the contrast up a lot, and does some weird stuff to saturation as well sometimes. The bump in contrast means that often you will lose details in any dark parts of any picture. I was actually thinking about going back to Cyan, but the Lumia Recovery Tool is now only offering Denim for my CV.

Just use the Lumia camera classic and you will get the same quality as on Cyan, because there are actually no new algorithms in Denim update, it's just a postprocessing the new Lumia camera does.
Look at this article. It talks about how denim drastically changed the quality of the pictures.
http://allaboutwindowsphone.com/features/item/20456_Cranking_it_up_to_11_beforeaft.php

Last edited:

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
That's disappointing, when denim is supposed enhance the camera, specially the image mechanism, specially at low light why would darker images be worst?

All the extra features of lumia camera 5 are very good...but the algorithms are wrong.Specially the Rich Caprure does not give correct results...at least for me.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 930 far away superior, but have more post processing (which isn't always a good thing).

Anyway, a legit brazilian barbecue with picanha!

wp_20150217_13_09_07_rnu7r.jpg

wp_20150217_13_10_49_egu9c.jpg

wp_20150217_13_11_10_jmu1c.jpg

Last edited:

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I have used a Lumia 830 for a few months and decided to upgrade to the 930, as it came down in price. I have both phones at the moment, which gives me the opportunity to directly compare them. I was expecting the camera to be much better than the 830, but I've come away disappointed, as there isn't much of a difference between them.

Lumia Camera 5 is the biggest disappointment, but that's the same for both phones. There is too much contrast and the photos are way too over-sharpened.

Here is a simple shot of my garden taken at dusk this evening (about 30 mins prior to complete darkness). It compares the 830 and 930 using LC5 and Lumia Camera Classic. All photos taken on auto, without flash, and without Rich Capture.

Lumia 930 - Lumia Camera 5 (Denim) - Too dark (contrast is too high), muted colours, over-sharpened. It almost looks like an artistic filter has been applied post-process. It looks better than the 830 LC5 shot because it lacks the sharpened grain, but it's much worse than the 830 LCC shot:
930-1.jpg

Lumia 930 - Lumia Camera Classic - The best of the 4 shots, it narrowly beats the 830 LCC photo because the white balance is better:
930-2.jpg

Lumia 830 - Lumia Camera 5 (Denim) - Easily the worst of all 4 shots. Too dark, too much contrast, too much sharpening, very grainy (because the noise has been sharpened), colours muted:
830-1 - Copy.jpg

Lumia 830 - Lumia Camera Classic - A nice shot considering the conditions, white balance is on the blue side, but its a much nicer looking photo compared to the LC5 version, with more vibrant colours and much less pronounced post-processing:
830-2 - Copy.jpg

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Another Lumia Camera 5 vs. Lumia Camera Classic shot.

Lumia Camera 5
930-3.jpg

Lumia Camera Classic
930-4.jpg

The LCC shot looks so much better :cry:

Again LC5 ruins the shot by upping the contrast too high, messing with the colours, and sharpening the parts of the photo which are meant to be blurred (the bokeh effect is diminished).

In a perfect world: LC5 speed and features with the post-processing algorithms of LCC.

Con Georgiadis

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I have used a Lumia 830 for a few months and decided to upgrade to the 930, as it came down in price. I have both phones at the moment, which gives me the opportunity to directly compare them. I was expecting the camera to be much better than the 830, but I've come away disappointed, as there isn't much of a difference between them.

Lumia Camera 5 is the biggest disappointment, but that's the same for both phones. There is too much contrast and the photos are way too over-sharpened.

Here is a simple shot of my garden taken at dusk this evening (about 30 mins prior to complete darkness). It compares the 830 and 930 using LC5 and Lumia Camera Classic. All photos taken on auto, without flash, and without Rich Capture.

Lumia 930 - Lumia Camera 5 (Denim) - Too dark (contrast is too high), muted colours, over-sharpened. It almost looks like an artistic filter has been applied post-process. It looks better than the 830 LC5 shot because it lacks the sharpened grain, but it's much worse than the 830 LCC shot:
View attachment 97833

Lumia 930 - Lumia Camera Classic - The best of the 4 shots, it narrowly beats the 830 LCC photo because the white balance is better:
View attachment 97834

Lumia 830 - Lumia Camera 5 (Denim) - Easily the worst of all 4 shots. Too dark, too much contrast, too much sharpening, very grainy (because the noise has been sharpened), colours muted:
View attachment 97830

Lumia 830 - Lumia Camera Classic - A nice shot considering the conditions, white balance is on the blue side, but its a much nicer looking photo compared to the LC5 version, with more vibrant colours and much less pronounced post-processing:
View attachment 97831

The best combination for Lumia 930 is Lumia Cyan + OneShot camera

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Agree. Lumia Camera 5 is terrible. I regret getting this 930 to get Denim. What a massive disappointment. Who at MS thought people would like the unrealistic cartoon colors and crappy HDR.

I should have kept my 1020. Lumia 5 and denim is a total waste.

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
After this comparison I decided to install Lumia camera classic again. Didn't find it but installed, Lumia camera v4.9.3.0 same as lcc version. Now I have both Lumia camera v5 and lcc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon