04-30-2018 06:14 PM
884 ... 910111213 ...
tools
    Hmm weird. Thanks for checking!

To have that grid, open the Nokia Camera app -> settings -> framing grids.
    Mine has the left side missing too. Maybe software related?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cpng

Also, Ive just noticed once checking my headphone port that the back has lifted at the top as well now. So thats 3 locations, the bottom corner by the speaker, the side by the rocker and at the top. I also have the lower corner on the screen lighter than the rest.

Vodafone has said they are fine with replacing it so I just need to go in store. So come Tuesday (my only day off) Ill be going in to get an exchange hopefully as well as a smartpass sim card for NFC payments.
    Last edited by Felix Blake; 07-25-2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Picture
    07-25-2014 09:21 PM

Also, Ive just noticed once checking my headphone port that the back has lifted at the top as well now. So thats 3 locations, the bottom corner by the speaker, the side by the rocker and at the top. I also have the lower corner on the screen lighter than the rest.

Vodafone has said they are fine with replacing it so I just need to go in store. So come Tuesday (my only day off) Ill be going in to get an exchange hopefully as well as a smartpass sim card for NFC payments.
    It's not software. I've tried reinstalling everything and it was still there. I reached to Nokia and they couldn't reproduce it on their end. Only after noticing the missing side of the grid did I noticed the misalignment of the camera which I believe is the reason for that.
    Take it to Vodafone and do replace it.
    I've taken mine to Nokia today. It will take them two or three weeks to repair or exchange the phone.
    Felix Blake likes this.
    07-25-2014 09:50 PM
    Extremely. Taking it back today, I have other problems with the light sensor not turning the screen back on during a phone call making the phone useless. This happen to you or anyone?
    07-26-2014 02:34 AM
    Probably not a defect but after getting mine yesterday I have noticed so much blur when scrolling it makes me nauseous
    07-26-2014 03:37 AM
    Extremely. Taking it back today, I have other problems with the light sensor not turning the screen back on during a phone call making the phone useless. This happen to you or anyone?
    on mine, is rather slow but it works.
    07-26-2014 05:44 AM
    Probably not a defect but after getting mine yesterday I have noticed so much blur when scrolling it makes me nauseous
    hmm... I wonder what happened to the PureMotion HD+? Anyone from older flagship (920,1020)?
    Last edited by Firdaus Edymainoe; 07-26-2014 at 07:34 AM.
    07-26-2014 05:45 AM
    Hi there. Just got back from Vodafone store with new 930. A little hot this one but that's cause I'm running a back up right now so its expected but not uncomfortable (plus doesn't help that I'm in the sun...)
    Also can confirm the square grid isn't cut off on this one, however the back case is loose still but nothing majorly bad and not bothered by it. Also screen brightness problem isn't apparent on this model. As for the screen flicker it's too early to say but will update.

So people with a problem get the phone replaced. Most likely a dud batch.
    07-26-2014 07:28 AM
    hmm... I wonder what happened to the PureMotion HD+? Anyone from older flagship (920,1020)?
    There was an article about this some time back. Microsoft licensed most of the terminology accompanied by Lumias but not PureMotion HD+. I think WPC was speculating that they may have dropped the name cos nowadays just about all phones run at higher FPS, but back when the term was taken into use it wasnt as common. So now it's just a basic feature, sort of.
    Firdaus Edymainoe likes this.
    07-26-2014 07:38 AM
    I get the grid.. but what did you mean that the left side is cut off?

thanks

07-26-2014 09:49 AM
    my phone was made on 19/6/2014.What date was your defective phones made on?
    can be checked in settings
    07-26-2014 09:55 AM
    I don't see a date in the settings
    07-26-2014 10:21 AM
    My build date 18/06.....

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    07-26-2014 11:07 AM
    I can't say as I left mine with Nokia yesterday.
    07-26-2014 11:08 AM
    its in extras+info
    07-26-2014 12:20 PM
    i went to nokia care centre in town.
    the owner of the care centre has a nokia 930 too, has same proclem as me.left side of grid isnt there.. his camera is dead centre though.
    His microphone is same as mine.towards a side.
    He feels all of these are not issues.
    I feel it should be fine.
    Would go back if further issue.
    His date is 18/6/2014
    07-26-2014 12:22 PM
    i went to nokia care centre in town.
    the owner of the care centre has a nokia 930 too, has same proclem as me.left side of grid isnt there.. his camera is dead centre though.
    His microphone is same as mine.towards a side.
    He feels all of these are not issues.
    I feel it should be fine.
    Would go back if further issue.
    His date is 18/6/2014
    Yeah, he doesn't have to "feel". Just fix. Lol

One of the guys at the Care Centre here had a 925... The other one had an S5 and what I think was a Note3 :P
    07-26-2014 01:06 PM
    May i know where your care centre was?UK?
    Mine was UK.
    By the way, what does that grid thing do to photos?
    Sorry my ignorance, but I am a novice in this field..
    Yeah, he doesn't have to "feel". Just fix. Lol

One of the guys at the Care Centre here had a 925... The other one had an S5 and what I think was a Note3 :P
    07-26-2014 03:09 PM
    im wondering how he also dint have the left side of the grid.. both our phones, the grid appears once you turn the screen.
    I personally checked, and it was in dead centre.
    He said it did not matter where the camera was actually inside the ring..
    I feel the grid thing may be a software issue..
    By the way, the guy at nokia care was agent for both samsung and nokia.
    He said 930 was the best.. lol
    07-26-2014 03:12 PM
    I actually compared Z2 screen to nokia Lumia 930 screen.
    Although the z2 screen is 5.2, the icons take valuable space, so actually the screen size (minus home, back button icons) is smaller than lumia 930
    07-26-2014 03:13 PM
    Does the back still click in the back?
    May I know which color ? is it UK?

tHANKS
    Hi there. Just got back from Vodafone store with new 930. A little hot this one but that's cause I'm running a back up right now so its expected but not uncomfortable (plus doesn't help that I'm in the sun...)
    Also can confirm the square grid isn't cut off on this one, however the back case is loose still but nothing majorly bad and not bothered by it. Also screen brightness problem isn't apparent on this model. As for the screen flicker it's too early to say but will update.

So people with a problem get the phone replaced. Most likely a dud batch.
    07-26-2014 03:35 PM
    Does the back still click in the back?
    May I know which color ? is it UK?

tHANKS
    Hi there, yes its uk version and green.
    Back doesn't click but there is a slight give, although that might just be the plastic bending and me being pedantic about it.
    07-26-2014 04:02 PM
    may i kindly know build creation date.. just want to check whether mine is from faulty batch..
    mine is 19/6/2014
    Hi there, yes its uk version and green.
    Back doesn't click but there is a slight give, although that might just be the plastic bending and me being pedantic about it.
    07-26-2014 04:26 PM
    may i kindly know build creation date.. just want to check whether mine is from faulty batch..
    mine is 19/6/2014
    I don't know my old phone build creation date however this one is 18/06/14
    07-26-2014 05:11 PM
    Also, pretty positive camera grid issue is software related as once I updated Nokia camera the left side is missing. This has no effect on performance and it shows up again when turned landscape.
    07-26-2014 05:12 PM
    May i know where your care centre was?UK?
    Mine was UK.
    By the way, what does that grid thing do to photos?
    Sorry my ignorance, but I am a novice in this field..
    Portugal.

The grid does nothing but it's helpful to help you frame photos in general and photos for Instagram or any social network that uses photos in 1:1 ratio.

im wondering how he also dint have the left side of the grid.. both our phones, the grid appears once you turn the screen.
    I personally checked, and it was in dead centre.
    He said it did not matter where the camera was actually inside the ring..
    I feel the grid thing may be a software issue..
    By the way, the guy at nokia care was agent for both samsung and nokia.
    He said 930 was the best.. lol
    It's just a guess since otherwise it would be a problem with the software of the phone and that would affect everyone and it clearly doesn't. Also, "Nokia" itself couldn't reproduce it.

Yeah that seems to be common. And of course, the 930 is better. Anything is better than a Samsung =P
    Curiously, Lisbon's Nokia Care also sells Samsungs and it's the official support channel for Sony too.

Also, pretty positive camera grid issue is software related as once I updated Nokia camera the left side is missing. This has no effect on performance and it shows up again when turned landscape.
    Tweet it to Nokia Helps, please. So they know that there are more people having the issue.
    07-26-2014 05:37 PM
884 ... 910111213 ...