04-30-2018 06:14 PM
884 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Not sure I'd say Cyan is the culprit... my Lumia 1520.3 has been updated with Cyan and battery life may even be a bit more stellar than it was before Cyan.
    Last edited by hasasimo; 08-04-2014 at 03:34 PM.
    08-03-2014 05:53 PM
    The only caveats I have with my 930 are a slightly raised screen on the bottom right corner and a "clicking" back plate on the bottom left corner, where the speaker is. The side buttons aren't as crisp as on my old 920 and 720.

Anyone else with these issues?
    08-04-2014 08:37 AM
    it's a magnifying glass for easy access, just double tap the screen with two fingers.
    And here we all were really wondering what happens to the phone and how to get rid of it
    08-05-2014 12:02 AM
    And here we all were really wondering what happens to the phone and how to get rid of it
    yeah, definitely not the best implementation on WP8.1.
    08-05-2014 02:36 AM
    had issues with first.. wifi and calls dropping..
    got my second..
    email wont sync..
    just gave it back..
    no more 930s for me..
    08-05-2014 11:21 AM
    Are you guys also having battery problems? Not even a day with normal usage! This is probably part due to the heat issue. But is just isn't normal! I want to be able to use my phone normally without worrying about the battery just because I want to check a few things on my phone! :(
    I have the same problem. The battery drains pretty quick and normally after almost 12 hours, it is down to the last 10%. Is that normal. My usage is mainly for emails, whatsapp and less than 15 minutes of talktime.

I also noticed that when the phone heats up (normally happens when it is on standby) and the battery level drops pretty fast. What I would do when the phone heats up is a soft reset.

One more issue I face is sometimes when I slide up the lockscreen, I get a blank screen with "resume" and it takes some time to load up to the start screen. Did anyone faced the same issue? Not sure if this is caused by the Live Lockscreen Beta app from MS. I have already uninstalled it but this problem happens every 3rd-4th time I turn on my phone. Sigh....
    08-05-2014 08:58 PM
    I have the same problem. The battery drains pretty quick and normally after almost 12 hours, it is down to the last 10%. Is that normal. My usage is mainly for emails, whatsapp and less than 15 minutes of talktime.

I also noticed that when the phone heats up (normally happens when it is on standby) and the battery level drops pretty fast. What I would do when the phone heats up is a soft reset.

One more issue I face is sometimes when I slide up the lockscreen, I get a blank screen with "resume" and it takes some time to load up to the start screen. Did anyone faced the same issue? Not sure if this is caused by the Live Lockscreen Beta app from MS. I have already uninstalled it but this problem happens every 3rd-4th time I turn on my phone. Sigh....
    I had that lock issue. Wasn't the live lock screen. I saw someone else say it was Cortana, which I unpinned and no resuming after lock anymore!
    I still think the battery could be better than what it should. I know this phone has a quad core but its draining as fast as my 8X on preview 8.1. Maybe they haven't tweaked it properly so that it only utilizes what CPU usage it needs.
    08-06-2014 12:55 AM
    FM Radio bug....

I listen using the FM radio every day, and I've noticed that it doesn't matter what station I am listening to, if I go to change the volume, the drop down always says "87.5" instead of the actual frequency I am listening to.

I have had the station change periodically, to show the correct frequency, but 9 times out of 10 it says 87.5 :(
    definitely a bug!

win_20140806_083143.jpg

win_20140806_083153.jpg
    Conodihno likes this.
    08-06-2014 02:30 AM
    New Lumia 930 here:
    My phone often takes unsharp pictures or pictures with a lot of grain. When I shake my phone something loose it rattling in the camera, is this normal?
    Also, I have been very carefull yet I allready have a few light scratches on the screen. Is there a standard screen protector on it that now is scratched ( had that with my previous phone) or is this allready the glass?
    Firdaus Edymainoe likes this.
    08-06-2014 12:36 PM
    I just cannot catch a break with the Lumia phones. I've went trough 3 Lumia 925's, where all three of them had squeaky/clicky/loose back covers when pressed slightly in certain spots. One of them also had a broken vibrate function resulting in VERY loud vibrate noises, even when pressing the touch buttons. I returned all three of them and decided to wait for a new phone to come. I've been very anxious to get the 930 ever since I saw it being announced in April.

Unfortunately this phone suffers from problems that many people already reported:

• Phone gets VERY hot when playing games and kinda warm/hot when doing tasks like chatting on whatsapp or facebook, I simply refuse to accept the phone getting this warm doing these ordinary and what I believe - simple tasks. Hard reset didn't help.
    • Screen brightness not uniform across the whole screen, the top of my display is brighter than the bottom and at the bottom it shows the pink/purple hue (the opposite of what some people reported). It's very noticeable in apps and menus with dark grey backgrounds (see attachments). Hard reset didn't help this, however not installing the display driver update certainly helps, because blacks are black instead of "backlit blacks". With the display driver installed it's even worse.
    • Rattling/wobbly volume rocker (I don't care about this one, it's just something I noticed).
    • Back plate can be pushed in a couple of places and makes noises when pressure is applied to it certain ways. For example placing it on the wireless charger (DT-900), the raised circle on it pushes into the phone and it makes a slight creak. This might not be a big issue for some but after going through the 925's I simply can't NOT notice it.

I'm sending the phone back to get a replacement unit, but I swear to god if the second one has similar or the same issues, I'm giving up on the Lumia phones entirely. I've had nothing but bad luck... well back to the Omnia 7 I go.
    Attached Thumbnails display.jpg   display2.jpg  
    08-06-2014 01:58 PM
    Can we expect an update to Display to fix the purple hue issue?? I really don't feel like resetting AGAIN...
    08-06-2014 03:32 PM
    Add me to the people having screen issues, second Lumia 930 now. Both had this bleed effect, one full screen, the other only half of the screen. Added a picture for reference.
    Attachment 74792

My guess is that everyone having these gradient / screen inconsistency issues is actually having this issue as well. Just test the phone by opening a bunch of black images in a dark room (or at night) and see if it doesn't light up in those areas. Bad batch of manufacturing maybe?

Funny thing is though that this ones battery is much better then the previous one. Last one was under a day with full charge, this one says 1 day and 17 hours... Same setup, same usage, same mileage.. What the hell microkia!

Edit: manufacturing date of this one is 23-6-2014
    I've had to swap phones 3 times to get a good one. The first two had the screen bleed problem in different degrees, but both in the bottom right corner. The 3rd one I have now is OK. Still, from time to time I still see some uniformity issues. In general, I think the screens are just not that great quality.
    08-06-2014 08:51 PM
    I got a problem yesterday. When I come out of standby, before I see the lock screen, there is the information :loading... For one second. Wtf? Never had this before..
    08-07-2014 12:30 PM
    I got a problem yesterday. When I come out of standby, before I see the lock screen, there is the information :loading... For one second. Wtf? Never had this before..
    Have you installed the Live Lockscreen Beta from Micrsosoft and then uninstalled it? If so, there's a bug related to that.

The fix is to go into settings and start enabling "Kids Corner". A few steps into the process the phone will ask you to uninstall the Live Lockscreen and just accept that. Then you can back out before Kids Corner is fully enabled.
    08-08-2014 12:18 AM
    My screen flickers when the brightness is low and im using data services with a low signal quality. Im about to swap to my third now... Hope that will be the one.
    08-08-2014 03:09 AM
    I found a solution for display issue. The problem is in the latest display update. (purple color and when the brightness is at the top grey background).

How to:
    set the date of the phone at 2300.
    Disable automatic apps update
    After that when you enter in display setting it will say that you can't open because the app is expired. Reboot the phone. Now, waiting for an official update on the issue, you have no problem at max brightness and you will see purpe only when you set the minimum brightness...
    08-08-2014 03:29 AM
    I tried now to low the brightness of my psp vita (oled model). Grey backgrounds are purple with low brightness. I think Nokia must set the low brightness to a higher default level....
    08-08-2014 04:17 AM
    I've had to swap phones 3 times to get a good one. The first two had the screen bleed problem in different degrees, but both in the bottom right corner. The 3rd one I have now is OK. Still, from time to time I still see some uniformity issues. In general, I think the screens are just not that great quality.
    Well Ive tried 3 now, all with issues. Two of them had the discoloration in the lower right the last one in the upper right. Ive decided to send it to Nokia Care to see what they can do about it. Currently they've had it for a day and a half, but no changes yet. Guess its hard to see the discoloration /sarcasm (the one I send them has so much discoloration, dark blue becomes light blue..). Fairly disappointed that I've been unlucky to get so many of the bad batch(es).

Edit: It just says its been repaired, when ill get the work report I'll inform you guys whats repaired. Really curious now if they did fix the discoloration and if so how. Wonder if they replaced the screen. Lets hope they didn't duck up like last time with my Lumia 920. That one came back with 3 new issues created by the repair.
    08-08-2014 04:19 AM
    Not to mention the touch buttons are dull as hell.
    08-08-2014 04:21 AM
    Hello,

here is my feedback

- On 2G/3G/4G phone screen is flickering (when background is white).
    - On auto brightness in low light, gray color transfer in purple (if I set to low or any other settings display "working" fine).
    - Battery life isn't great.
    - Phone heats up quickly, when I am using internet browsing or similar tasks (bottom part of phone).
    - When I press unlock button, phone have small delay until screen is actually on.
    - Windows capacitive button isn't clear white (its darker on one side than on other (when backlight is on) - I wouldn't mention this if it's not flagship device)
    - I have copied/converted video with 3840x2160 resolution on phone and some times its resuming for ever (when I reboot phone it's working properly)
    08-08-2014 02:04 PM
    Now on my 2nd phone and the right ******* side of the screen is much lighter than than the left, especially after using the Car thingy app
    08-08-2014 02:11 PM
    This is kinda unforgiving for the wannabe-king of smartphone photography.. at least this is mostly a viewfinder effect, the photos don't came out that bad considering the amount of light at the scene (basically none ahah). But that much noise is not normal, I hope a fix is on the way..
    Attached Thumbnails wp_ss_20140809_0005.jpg   wp_20140809_01_58_53_pro.jpg  
    08-08-2014 08:35 PM
    This is kinda unforgiving for the wannabe-king of smartphone photography.. at least this is mostly a viewfinder effect, the photos don't came out that bad considering the amount of light at the scene (basically none ahah). But that much noise is not normal, I hope a fix is on the way..
    I have the phone for about 4-5 days now and at first I was quite alarmed by the bad low light performance. Pretty soon I realized that all you need to do is manually increase exposure to 0.5-1.5s depending on the situation. This usually produces pretty good images, but I agree, the auto settings need a serious update.
    What I don't quite like is low light video camrea perfromance. The image keeps pulsating as the camre tries to decide the right white balance and the images are grainy even under balcon lights.
    08-09-2014 01:53 PM
    I'm picking my 930 from Nokia on Monday. It should come fixed. If it doesn't, I think I won't bother any more. I'll just keep using the 920 until Sony releases the Z3 Compact and then I'll just sell the 930 and replace it with the Z3 Compact and be done with this.
    It's not admissible so many hardware issues and, worst of all, such lack of software updates from Microsoft to correct bugs that are clearly common to 99% of the users.
    08-09-2014 09:54 PM
    The ISO seems very high. Trying shooting with an ISO of 200 or 400 at night. 800 if you want a faster shutter speed but you will have a noticeable drop in quality.

EDIT: They (Microsoft) should adjust the auto settings so the ISO never goes above 800, because even at 800 photos come out soft, noisy, and with horrible color balance.
    Last edited by Dreamspell; 08-10-2014 at 12:41 AM.
    08-10-2014 12:30 AM
884 ... 1314151617 ...