Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

timppa_k

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
Go to the shop and try to change to iPhone or android. Your life seems to be so difficult with the Lumia 930 that you are whole time posting here and whining. It's best to as everybody. You don't like the phone, period.

Sent from my SVS1312C5E using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I do like it, I just think it's broken and want another one. I just wanted people's opinions on my 'faults', are they faults? Would you return it if you had these seemingly minor issues? Would you buy a brand new car that didn't drive quite straight?

loukkis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I do like it, I just think it's broken and want another one. I just wanted people's opinions on my 'faults', are they faults? Would you return it if you had these seemingly minor issues? Would you buy a brand new car that didn't drive quite straight?
If you have loose parts, get an exchange unit.

TripleHelix192

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I want to return my 930 and exchange it but are these good enough reasons? I'm worried they might say they are minor issues or not faults.

Red artefacts when moving the camera in the dark

Camera still
View attachment 74422

Camera moving
View attachment 74421
I still haven't decided what to think of this camera issue, but it appears we all have it on 930. Question is is it the same on 1520 with Cyan?

Advis

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Very new to Windows Phone and Windows Phone 8.1 OS but I have noticed that the Internet Sharing hotspot is broadcasting even though the option is turned off. When I attempt to connect Internet Sharing turns on automatically. That has me slightly concerned though because if other WiFi devices are looking for networks that could mean that the adapter is always on and draining power.

Cannot decide if this is a feature or a bug!

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
To add to my problems: My phone switch itself off last night with half battery. Luckily I woke up for a slash or my alarm wouldn't have gone off.

Rafeeq Mohamed

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I also have the same issue, when ever I play a video from facebook, it closes application and comes to the Home screen. Heat and battery drain is another big issue i faced. Given my mobile for the shop where i purchased. Hope it will be back with the resolution..!! Looks like Lumia930 is a big flop :(

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I just returned my phone for exchange and it has the exact same problems as mentioned before. Extreme heat on first charge, loose bottom corner. AMOLED streaks, blurry and dark text when scrolling and the camera artifacts are still there. The purple tint isn't AS bad as before, I only had to change the colour profile to half way between green and purple instead of full green. I won't bother returning the phone again because they are likely to all be the same and the best we can hope for is software updates.

To call this a flagship is a joke. I reckon Nokia did this out of spite before flogging to Microsoft.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
@MrWhiteman

The heat can not be fixed through updates? I have too.

Now I updated everything but my motion data in the setting can not be opened. Display had the same problem but I fixed it buy uninstall/install.

Mikeey87

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Add me to the people having screen issues, second Lumia 930 now. Both had this bleed effect, one full screen, the other only half of the screen. Added a picture for reference.
WP_20140802_09_06_29_Pro.jpg

My guess is that everyone having these gradient / screen inconsistency issues is actually having this issue as well. Just test the phone by opening a bunch of black images in a dark room (or at night) and see if it doesn't light up in those areas. Bad batch of manufacturing maybe?

Funny thing is though that this ones battery is much better then the previous one. Last one was under a day with full charge, this one says 1 day and 17 hours... Same setup, same usage, same mileage.. What the hell microkia!

Edit: manufacturing date of this one is 23-6-2014

Last edited:

Delicious Cyan

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
I got mine 2 days ago and have noticed a weird recurring glitch last night and the night before.

Overnight, the 930 looses audio.

The alarm wont make a sound and ill oversleep (goddamit). Then when i check the phone, its stopped making sound altogether and ill have to reboot the phone, which fixes the issue.

Last night at 1am the phone was making sounds, right before bed, but somewhere overnight it stopped. Perhaps a glitch with the alarm??

DMorty

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm now on my fourth Lumia 930 and this one is perfect! No heat issues, much better battery life, no wobbly buttons and although the bottom of the screen is slightly brighter than the top, it's much better than my previous one. Goes to show there are good ones out there, just got to keep changing until you find one. Just to add, all four were manufactured on the same date.

KllR007

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
Im interest in that too... Please post your dates.
Maybe first production was bad... Or maybe only luck with good ones :D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium