Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Are ya'll also missing the auto time settings? On my old 8X it was available, but on my 930 i can only manually set the time and date.

I have gdr 1/ update 1 but before the update it wasn't there too

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Tested it out this morning, no issue here. When I switched back to the non beta issue was back. You sure you gotten the update from yesterday installed already? Version 4.8.3.2

I'm now uploading a video to youtube of the camera under my desk so low light but not pitch black

wp_ss_20140819_0001.jpg

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: It's been 4 weeks and my phone wasn't replaced yet. I was just told by Microsoft that they don't have the phone in stock (despite it being available for sale everywhere...) and that I'll have to wait at least yet another week. Which means it will be 5 weeks before I get the replacement unit.

By the same time I get it, Sony will be presenting the superior Z3 Compact. And I'll be out.
There's so much I can take from sh*ty consumer support and ever since Microsoft Portugal took the reigns, it has gone down the drain. I've had it.
I'll think what I'll do with the 930...maybe sell it...though I pity the person who buys it.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Turning the phone off and then on didn't help me, the touch buttons are off all the time, wether the surrounding it's dark or bright or the battery saver it's on or off. :(

I just tested this, screen locked and dark, cover top half of phone, press power button or double tab, screen lights ups with buttons lit up. lock screen again. Uncovered, lit room, double tab/power button the touch buttons don't light up.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Figured I post it here too

Thanks to help me find something wrong with my really good upgrade from a 920. The transition from 920 to 930 has been really enjoyable for me. I didn't find any real problems except I guess there is a slight pink hue at all white, especially when dimmed.

I decided to compare it against all the screens I have. From a bit of a distance, it's not bad but you can see it more if focused on and the camera adjusts to the lighting. Are we really calling it the worst phone for that? All my screens are a different white including the two external monitors.

The full picture shows, 2x Dell U2413 (they are both calibrated differently dammit! I didn't buy it the same time), a Surface Pro3, a Lumia 920 on the left and Lumia 930 on the right.

DSC_0838.JPG

DSC_0837.JPG

nielsniels

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
100% pure white light doesn't exist anyway, because white light always consists of coloured light and there's always going to be some very slight off tint

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok I have swapped my phone again. I was lucky because Carphone Warehouse only allow 28 days of swaps before they send stuff off and as it's been 29 days since I bought the phone, they still let me exchange. For some reason though when I restored my backup, my tiles were not restored. I wonder if it's because I was running 8.1.1 and the shop only supplies 8.1

EDIT: I updated to 8.1.1 and reset my phone again. Original tiles are back.

Last edited:

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
100% pure white light doesn't exist anyway, because white light always consists of coloured light and there's always going to be some very slight off tint

Hmm an interesting scientific conclusion. I think white is the colour that you can make to 100% by mixing every part of the visible electromagnetic spectrum. It is of course an illusion. White isn't really real. Neither is black, which is just the absence of light.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Guys with the non even screen brightness problem: Do you notice any improvements after tonight developer software update? I can't reproduce my screen problems any more but since its now dark I will check again in the sun tomorrow because its most noticeable (screen issues) when the Phone is on auto brightness and in the sun... Let me know what you se after todays update, please.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Guys with the non even screen brightness problem: Do you notice any improvements after tonight developer software update? I can't reproduce my screen problems any more but since its now dark I will check again in the sun tomorrow because its most noticeable (screen issues) when the Phone is on auto brightness and in the sun... Let me know what you se after todays update, please.

I used the Car Dash app for about an hour and after that, the right side of the screen was twice as bright as the left side for about 24 hours. It seemed to correct itself. I think light leak recorrects itself after a while especially after some soft restarts and leaving the phone off for a while.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I give up anyway I'm not sending my phone away for repair as I have uni work to do. I'm just happy that the purple tint is gone, but cobalt theme is still purple instead of a deep blue as it used to be.

This morning I tested the camera again and the problem has gone away about 80-90%. Maybe it was the update or something. There is a little red when moving the camera about in the dark but it's nothing like it was yesterday.

Last edited:

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Anyone?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6