Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Marco Ciccone

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a Lumia 930 and I would like to know more informations about the battery.

I use my smartphone for web surfing (2 hours a day), listening music via bluetooth headset (2 hours a day), and light app/games (1hours a day)
2 email account in push, location, wifi and bluetooth turned on.

With this usage my iphone 4s dies at 4 p.m.

Thanks for all replies

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm planning to buy a Lumia 930 and I would like to know more informations about the battery.

I use my smartphone for web surfing (2 hours a day), listening music via bluetooth headset (2 hours a day), and light app/games (1hours a day)
2 email account in push, location, wifi and bluetooth turned on.

With this usage my iphone 4s dies at 4 p.m.

Thanks for all replies

I have to say the battery on the 930 is horrible. However, it's not as bad as the iPhone 4S. But it's definitely worse than the ones on the 920 and 1020.

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
No. But i think it might be updated out of the box. Check for brightness slider and tint slider, if they are there it is updated. As far as I remember 😊 Are your black screens black? If not do the delete trick by setting the date as described here.

Dragonic87

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Nah mine wasn't updated. Mmm my black screens does seem a little on the light side yeah. Thought its this hazy anti glare screen protector I put on. Ok thanks I will try the delete trick.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just got my 930 finally :D
Quick question, so do I not do the Display update?

The purple problem lies beyond the display app though. The display app update just enhances it. You can uninstall the app but you won't get rid of the purple tint on low brightness. This has to be addressed at a firmware level and it's as such that Microsoft is taking care of it (though, as usual, the waiting is too long and the pace abyssal).

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
How many quick settings is the 930 supposed to have?? Because I was under the impression that were got extra n I only have 4 when there's clearly tm room for 1, possibly 2, more settings!

Hercsi Balazs

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,
I have a Nokia Lumia 930, I love it :smileyhappy:
but i have a problem with it. On the screen is a big green spot.
sombody know, what is this ? Do anybody have this problem?
i have seen this spot after i played and charged
IMAG1443 (1).jpg

Simce

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have problem with ?Search Button? (Bing/Cortana Button).

It just stopped working.
Tried soft reset, hard reset etc. nothing worked.

Once it just started working for some time, but after that it stopped working again.

Should I wait for update? Or just repair/replace my phone?
Do you think this is software bug, or defective phone?

OS version 8.10.12397.895
Firmware 14252.51001

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Yep same here black is black. But grey is not grey. Its lighter at the bottom and the display and at the sides. Like the bleeding before. And the grey is also uneven like in streaks vertically.

ericmackrodt

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I haven't noticed any changes with the update either. But it's "only" the gdr1, so I basically didn't have any changes since I was using the developer preview (I must have gotten out of the dev preview program with the update).

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I haven't noticed any changes with the update either. But it's "only" the gdr1, so I basically didn't have any changes since I was using the developer preview (I must have gotten out of the dev preview program with the update).

If you have the Preview for Developers app, it's a simple matter of opening it and ticking the box to re-join. That's what I did once I got the update (you won't get the update unless you leave the dev preview first).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte