04-30-2018 06:14 PM
884 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Am I the only one who is not experiencing these issues?
    07-17-2014 03:57 PM
    Purple hue issue here as well. Mine is green!

Can anybody else confirm if they have following, in low light when opening the camera if you move the camera enough so the ois kicks in the is horrid purple/white banding around the edges of the screen. Doesn't happen with my 1520 or 1020.
    07-17-2014 04:02 PM
    Can anybody else confirm if they have following, in low light when opening the camera if you move the camera enough so the ois kicks in the is horrid purple/white banding around the edges of the screen. Doesn't happen with my 1520 or 1020.
    Maybe a little, yes. Not so annoying as my black screen not being black :D
    07-17-2014 04:15 PM
    Am I the only one who is not experiencing these issues?
    I haven't noticed anything with mine, no purple hue on the screen, uneven brightness or anything like that.

Haven't had a chance to use the camera much yet but it seems fine, and produces some very nice shots!
    07-17-2014 04:56 PM
    I haven't noticed anything with mine, no purple hue on the screen, uneven brightness or anything like that.

Haven't had a chance to use the camera much yet but it seems fine, and produces some very nice shots!
    Same here. The black is seamless with the edges of the phone here. Brightness seems even, but I've not really investigated it as I've not noticed an issue.
    07-17-2014 05:00 PM
    Has anyone actually sent their devices back due to the issues mentioned?
    Went back to the store for a one to one change as the spare part is still not available yet at the Nokia Care Centre in Malaysia
    07-17-2014 06:21 PM
    Went back to the store for a one to one change as the spare part is still not available yet at the Nokia Care Centre in Malaysia
    None of these issues are really hardware related I think. They're all on the software part of it. So Nokia Care Centre's can't really do much until they have an update to it.

My 930 has 2 years warranty (hurray for Europe!) so I'm giving Microsoft some time to fix these software issues. The purple tint I solved with adjustments in the colour profile. The quality of the real-time image in the camera (too grainy) will need software improvement.
    None of them are serious enough for me to go running to have the phone fixed. If they don't fix them, then in a couple of months I'll just take the phone to Nokia and demand it to be replaced or fixed.
    07-17-2014 06:36 PM
    I had a touch problem. So, mine was a hardware issue.
    07-17-2014 07:16 PM
    I had a touch problem. So, mine was a hardware issue.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to quote you. It was more of a generic comment, specially regarding the people tint.
    07-17-2014 10:26 PM
    The only occasion I see a purple hue is when the phone is off and I switch it on. Then the picture fades in from black through purple to the picture that is my lock screen. I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't read this thread.
    Firdaus Edymainoe likes this.
    07-17-2014 11:20 PM
    Here is my Lumia 930 snapped with 1020 in dark room. Lumia 930 on picture is set to highest brightness and is showing black picture (hardware tests app). http://1drv.ms/1nfFARf
    I have the same problem. My lumia is black too.

So, is it only me, who doesn't have low brightness in battary saver mode anymore?
    Last edited by dronie; 07-18-2014 at 12:05 AM.
    07-17-2014 11:42 PM
    The only occasion I see a purple hue is when the phone is off and I switch it on. Then the picture fades in from black through purple to the picture that is my lock screen. I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't read this thread.
    I have noticed this too. Also sometimes the action center buttons for WiFi etc, and the keyboard look grey. Its almost like the screen needs to heat up a bit to show off the colours.
    07-18-2014 01:25 AM
    I was reading somewhere that the purple hue on AMOLED screens is actually caused by the glass. Not the screen itself.

Also it seems this has been an issue before, just not as bad

http://m.windowscentral.com/nokia-re...-future-update
    Last edited by thatuxguy; 07-18-2014 at 01:42 AM.
    07-18-2014 01:31 AM
    Sorry for multiple posts, but I think I have a solution to the grey buttons I mentioned and the purple hue when turning on.

I went to settings, turned off sun readability in the display section. It seems to have helped.
    07-18-2014 01:47 AM
    I don't know if this is a bug or what but sometimes when placing my phone down on the charging plate they don't connect and i have to end up taking it off and putting it back a few times just to get it to connect..
    I know it takes a little while to connect to begin with anyway so its not like I'm putting it down and picking it straight back up.

Anyone else have this problem?
    07-18-2014 03:15 AM
    Can't seem to set a new lock screen background, what's that all about? It just keeps reverting back, not saving changes.
    Aquadextrous likes this.
    07-18-2014 03:20 AM
    Sorry for multiple posts, but I think I have a solution to the grey buttons I mentioned and the purple hue when turning on.

I went to settings, turned off sun readability in the display section. It seems to have helped.
    Yes, the grey keyboard and some other grey areas are a feature; not a bug.
    07-18-2014 03:26 AM
    Yes, the grey keyboard and some other grey areas are a feature; not a bug.
    Yeah its what happens when you have sun readability turned on. Makes it easier to read, but looks bloody awful lol
    07-18-2014 03:32 AM
    Can't seem to set a new lock screen background, what's that all about? It just keeps reverting back, not saving changes.
    After choosing a new picture you should wait a while. Only after the chosen picture is displayed as the current background picture you can hit the back button or the Windows button to look at the end result. Otherwise it will keep on reverting back to the original.
    07-18-2014 03:32 AM
    My initial reaction to the 930, coming from a 920, is positive but muted - it's not a quantum leap forward but happy with the upgrade. Can anyone please confirm if their volume rocker is "loose" compared to the power and camera button? All three on my 920 after solid but the 930 volume rocker is quite wobbly and if I hold the device sideways, I can produce a fairly nasty "hollow" sound. It doesn't feel secure and I wouldn't want it to stop working down the line! At the same time, I don't want to return it if that's just how it's been manufactured for the metal enclosure 😵
    07-18-2014 03:45 AM
    My initial reaction to the 930, coming from a 920, is positive but muted - it's not a quantum leap forward but happy with the upgrade. Can anyone please confirm if their volume rocker is "loose" compared to the power and camera button? All three on my 920 after solid but the 930 volume rocker is quite wobbly and if I hold the device sideways, I can produce a fairly nasty "hollow" sound. It doesn't feel secure and I wouldn't want it to stop working down the line! At the same time, I don't want to return it if that's just how it's been manufactured for the metal enclosure
    All the buttons are nice and firm on mine. Certainly not loose or wobbly anyway.
    rOIVAz likes this.
    07-18-2014 03:56 AM
    My initial reaction to the 930, coming from a 920, is positive but muted - it's not a quantum leap forward but happy with the upgrade. Can anyone please confirm if their volume rocker is "loose" compared to the power and camera button? All three on my 920 after solid but the 930 volume rocker is quite wobbly and if I hold the device sideways, I can produce a fairly nasty "hollow" sound. It doesn't feel secure and I wouldn't want it to stop working down the line! At the same time, I don't want to return it if that's just how it's been manufactured for the metal enclosure
    Mine are kinda wobbly when turned sideways, but nothing to raise concern, its not as solid as other phones I've had, but i don't see it as a major problem.
    rOIVAz likes this.
    07-18-2014 04:16 AM
    Thanks guys - I like the build quality otherwise but it's concerning me quite a bit and I've only picked it up a few times so far 😥
    07-18-2014 04:34 AM
    I frequently listen to FM Radio on loudspeaker mode and I've found it "mutes" for no apparent reason, and after 1 min it de-mutes, all on its own.
    After 2 or 3 episodes, it begins to work correctly for hours.
    (Always happened while stationary, so it's not a FM reception issue)

ANyone found that?
    07-18-2014 04:55 AM
    My initial reaction to the 930, coming from a 920, is positive but muted - it's not a quantum leap forward but happy with the upgrade. Can anyone please confirm if their volume rocker is "loose" compared to the power and camera button? All three on my 920 after solid but the 930 volume rocker is quite wobbly and if I hold the device sideways, I can produce a fairly nasty "hollow" sound. It doesn't feel secure and I wouldn't want it to stop working down the line! At the same time, I don't want to return it if that's just how it's been manufactured for the metal enclosure ��
    I confirm the volume rockers are quite wobbly and make a sound when I shake the phone.

I'm gonna return the phone (to Dutch website Bol.com) for the sound issues I have. It's so frustrating I can't simply play continuous music. I need to restart the phone several times a day. But I'm starting to like the phone a lot. Asked to give me a green one in return
    07-18-2014 09:09 AM
884 ... 45678 ...