04-30-2018 07:14 PM
884 ... 56789 ...
tools
    I tried the volume rockers on a few demo units and they seemed slightly wobbly, but nothing that would bother me unless I specifically tried to find a flaw in it. Not really to a point though where they would've made any sound when shaking though.
    rOIVAz likes this.
    07-18-2014 11:20 AM
    I confirm the volume rockers are quite wobbly and make a sound when I shake the phone.:
    I've been playing a but with mine and think I'll have to send it back. The volume rocker rattles with any slight tilt of my hand. The power button is wobbly too, but totally fine - there's just too much of a difference to ignore 😣
    07-18-2014 01:08 PM
    I tried the volume rockers on a few demo units and they seemed slightly wobbly, but nothing that would bother me unless I specifically tried to find a flaw in it. Not really to a point though where they would've made any sound when shaking though.
    Would you say that the volume rocker was the same level of wobbly as the power button? I'll try and get a video of it, but I'd happily live with it being wobbly if it didn't move so much as to make noise
    07-18-2014 01:11 PM
    My initial reaction to the 930, coming from a 920, is positive but muted - it's not a quantum leap forward but happy with the upgrade. Can anyone please confirm if their volume rocker is "loose" compared to the power and camera button? All three on my 920 after solid but the 930 volume rocker is quite wobbly and if I hold the device sideways, I can produce a fairly nasty "hollow" sound. It doesn't feel secure and I wouldn't want it to stop working down the line! At the same time, I don't want to return it if that's just how it's been manufactured for the metal enclosure 😵
    Mine are nice and firm too...actually, maybe a little too stiff. Or then it's me that am too accustomed to the more prominent ones on the 920.
    07-18-2014 06:14 PM
    Guys hope you can help me.
    Love the phone.
    Just have a slight issue.
    I am trying to add a certain background as my lock screen.
    Went to settings--lock screen---background--change photo
    then in backgrounds, second photo in 7th row (sunset scene)
    Cannot add this as background in lock screen!
    All others work except this one.. can someone help pls!
    07-18-2014 06:20 PM
    Guys hope you can help me.
    Love the phone.
    Just have a slight issue.
    I am trying to add a certain background as my lock screen.
    Went to settings--lock screen---background--change photo
    then in backgrounds, second photo in 7th row (sunset scene)
    Cannot add this as background in lock screen!
    All others work except this one.. can someone help pls!
    Are you trying to use one of those Microsoft placed for the Tiles background? Because you may not have access to that one. The folder itself is hidden in the phone and you can't delete it (at least I haven't found a way yet)...
    07-18-2014 07:12 PM
    My initial reaction to the 930, coming from a 920, is positive but muted - it's not a quantum leap forward but happy with the upgrade. Can anyone please confirm if their volume rocker is "loose" compared to the power and camera button? All three on my 920 after solid but the 930 volume rocker is quite wobbly and if I hold the device sideways, I can produce a fairly nasty "hollow" sound. It doesn't feel secure and I wouldn't want it to stop working down the line! At the same time, I don't want to return it if that's just how it's been manufactured for the metal enclosure 😵
    Mine is quite wobbly especially the camera button but it doesn't make any sound when I shake it.
    07-18-2014 07:13 PM
    DJCBS, yes it is.
    But I can access it for the background photo! but not lock screen!
    07-18-2014 07:50 PM
    I have no idea if this has been mentioned before and If it has I apologise so..
    No Google option in preferred search? It's there in Developer Preview!? Bing is very limited compare to Google - especially in the UK. It was annoying that there was only g.com and no .co.uk option.. but I could live with that!
    07-18-2014 09:53 PM
    Has anyone seen if the update available for the 930's fixes any of the issues.
    07-18-2014 10:01 PM
    I have no idea if this has been mentioned before and If it has I apologise so..
    No Google option in preferred search? It's there in Developer Preview!? Bing is very limited compare to Google - especially in the UK. It was annoying that there was only g.com and no .co.uk option.. but I could live with that!
    This has been reported on WPCentral. It's something that's only happening in the 930.
    It's not clear what happened there. My phone had the CV for Belgium and Luxembourg and it had Google. Now it has Deutsche Telekom's software and it still has Google.
    Windows Moan likes this.
    07-18-2014 11:10 PM
    DJCBS, yes it is.
    But I can access it for the background photo! but not lock screen!
    That's it. Probably Microsoft restricted those images to use on the background of tiles but not on the lock screen. It's the only explanation.
    07-18-2014 11:10 PM
    I'm experiencing the same. The right side of the screen is a little lighter than the left side...
    07-19-2014 01:49 AM
    Same here. I have the CV 930 in the UK and no Google option.
    07-19-2014 01:59 AM
    Can anyone recommend the best apps for yahoo mail and gmail pls?
    Seems no official apps..
    sorry, but this is the first windows phone im using properly, apart from the lumia 1520 i had to return due to defect
    07-19-2014 02:42 AM
    Can anyone recommend the best apps for yahoo mail and gmail pls?
    Seems no official apps..
    sorry, but this is the first windows phone im using properly, apart from the lumia 1520 i had to return due to defect
    Try MetroMail.
    07-19-2014 02:50 AM
    I only use default mail app in the phone. I find it to be perfect for my needs.

And about the problems with screen and signal I'm taking it for a replacement. I hope the new one will not have the same issues.
    taymur likes this.
    07-19-2014 06:58 AM
    The power button on my L930 seems "too Depressed" into the phone, compared to the volume and camera. It seems I can only just press it, before the button is flush.

The camera button also makes an annoying click sound during the first stage - my 920 you just feel the 2 stages rather than sound - can anyone confirm if theres has an audible click?
    07-19-2014 08:08 AM
    Yes there is an audible click.
    07-19-2014 09:17 AM
    Got mine today and it has the purple tint on the screen and volume buttons are loose, going back on Monday. This is ridiculous seeing as it is not a new phone.
    thatuxguy likes this.
    07-19-2014 02:20 PM
    I think the camera button focuses during challow press and takes photo after full press. I find my camre button is "taller" (from level of the phone) than other two buttons.
    But all is ok.
    Great phone.
    07-19-2014 03:54 PM
    Anyone can suggest a good tempered glass screen protector for this?
    07-19-2014 03:54 PM
    I think the camera button focuses during challow press and takes photo after full press. I find my camre button is "taller" (from level of the phone) than other two buttons.
    But all is ok.
    Great phone.
    I had the same "issue" and even opened a separate thread on it. It turns out it is a feature.
    07-19-2014 04:01 PM
    Yes, I find the other two keep alomost flush with the phone , only slightly elevated.
    But thats adequate.
    I have tried so many latest flagships including qhd screens, this is one of the best
    07-19-2014 04:12 PM
    Low light is absolutely disgraceful for a flashship phone. 920 smokes it
    DJCBS likes this.
    07-19-2014 07:45 PM
884 ... 56789 ...