Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

doisy

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if you could class this as a bug or defect. Just something i have noticed....

Does anyone else feel the bright orange (or green for that matter) will add additional colour to images such as close up shots? Now i have the phone in hand, i noticed it when trying to do a close up shot earlier.

How are you finding the bright colours and taking photos?

Haven't noticed this on my green 930.

cjono

May 23, 2014
Visit site
can you upload full resolution photos now?

To say Facebook, email, onedrive etc?

I can do this with an iPhone, but i understand there is a limitation with WP8

raj_hansie46

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I just got nokia lumia 930 orange one in malaysia, when pressing the volume up/down keys the screen is very dark purple. Is there any solution?. And i tried the camera with default settings, photos are not that quality. I cant able to put nano sim into the tray. Just trying in diff ways:unhappy:

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just got nokia lumia 930 orange one in malaysia, when pressing the volume up/down keys the screen is very dark purple. Is there any solution?. And i tried the camera with default settings, photos are not that quality.

Purple, have not noticed this myself, but the front camera has a purple tint to it. As for the quality, i have noticed its not great but that's because it uses the 5MP image on the phone for the preview. If you go into refocus on the nokia camera app you see the larger better image.

I cant able to put nano sim into the tray. Just trying in diff ways:unhappy:

You need to slide it in rather than drop it in like on an iPhone.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This has already been discussed extensively in other forums:

- blurry text when scrolling and discoloration issues when scrolling
- choppy scrolling in many apps
- phone doesn't seem to be as fast as it should be. Apps load slowly
- keyboard autocorrect lags a bit, making it necessary to manually correct words all the time, although the phone does recognize the mistakes and underlines them, it's too slow to correct them while typing.
- bad viewing angles resulting in discoloration when the screen is tilted
- the phone gets hot in the lower right corner
- autofocus is terribly slow.

But at least the general consensus is that it's exceptionally well built :)

raj_hansie46

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I got Nokia treasure tag free with Lumia 930. I tried to sync between both the devices usinf NFC but its failed. Is anyone sync these both devices successfully?. Where can we find the NFC area(i mean not in phone settings, around the phone) ?. Bcoz the manual says , bring both devices near where they have NFC .

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I got Nokia treasure tag free with Lumia 930. I tried to sync between both the devices usinf NFC but its failed. Is anyone sync these both devices successfully?. Where can we find the NFC area(i mean not in phone settings, around the phone) ?. Bcoz the manual says , bring both devices near where they have NFC .

Im having the same issue, sync'd find with my iPhone but not this. BLE must be enabled now as it has the cyan update and it can detect the device!

The NFC area is around the camera lens, if you tap it all it does it send a pair action to your device, it wont actually do much else as that's really a limitation of NFC.

I will keep trying if i get it working i will let you know more.

raj_hansie46

May 29, 2014
Visit site
Oh, actually i didnt tried with bluetooth on. Anyway thnks for reply. If u pair it successfully , can u pls post it here. And also where can we find full resolution photos , onedrive or photos hub. I am new to windows phone 8. thats y i keep asking doubts::wink:

Glenn De Weerdt

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
This has already been discussed extensively in other forums:

- blurry text when scrolling and discoloration issues when scrolling
- choppy scrolling in many apps
- phone doesn't seem to be as fast as it should be. Apps load slowly
- keyboard autocorrect lags a bit, making it necessary to manually correct words all the time, although the phone does recognize the mistakes and underlines them, it's too slow to correct them while typing.
- bad viewing angles resulting in discoloration when the screen is tilted
- the phone gets hot in the lower right corner
- autofocus is terribly slow.

But at least the general consensus is that it's exceptionally well built :)

I only have one of those things and that is that the phone gets hot very easily! I'm also having the purple hue issue.

loukkis

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Im having the same issue, sync'd find with my iPhone but not this. BLE must be enabled now as it has the cyan update and it can detect the device!

The NFC area is around the camera lens, if you tap it all it does it send a pair action to your device, it wont actually do much else as that's really a limitation of NFC.

I will keep trying if i get it working i will let you know more.

Phone should not be in standby mode when doing NFC pairing. Bluetooth and NFC should be enabled in settings.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Phone should not be in standby mode when doing NFC pairing. Bluetooth and NFC should be enabled in settings.

Obviously the phone is not in stand-by while doing this?! otherwise how are you going to read/use the tag app!! seriously what was the point of that post lol

Glenn De Weerdt

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys also having battery problems? Not even a day with normal usage! This is probably part due to the heat issue. But is just isn't normal! I want to be able to use my phone normally without worrying about the battery just because I want to check a few things on my phone! :(

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Are you guys also having battery problems? Not even a day with normal usage! This is probably part due to the heat issue. But is just isn't normal! I want to be able to use my phone normally without worrying about the battery just because I want to check a few things on my phone! :(

No problems here. Mine lasts for at least one day without problems and I use it all the time. It will occasionally get warm, and a I have the same purple tint as everybody else. I even have Wi-Fi, blue tooth and location turned on most of the day. The battery is not spectacular but good enough.

Justinian84

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the purple hue issue on low brightness.

Also, there is a major issue with how swipes are being detected as taps - resulting in massive frustration while navigating apps horizontally. I read about the 1520 also having this issue. Doesn't happen in all apps and doesn't happen at all on my 920. Major offenders are Games, Videos, Music, Metrotube.

GammelOter

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed internet explorer and tapatalk drains my battery most of all. That's when the phone gets really warm also. Other apps like Netflix lasts forever. I don't remember my 920 WP 8.1dp being like that.

vampireodbc

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I had problem with the purple thing too. I think it's from the Display update of the device. I've tried sliding the "Tint" in Color Profile to the "Green" (left position) and now the problem disappeared. Maybe the problem came from the wrong color-calibrating algobrithm of Lumia Cyan. Please try this and reply me soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb