Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Windows Moan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
...I know they are completely different screens however.. Sat side by side, I am definitely seeing a 'hue' to the 930's whites compared to a 925. It's difficult to tell if the hue effects the rest of the colours? I'd agree that medium brightness is better than low or auto for general use.

I'm not sure which type of screen I prefer or even if there's a problem.. the difference between the two is quite noticeable.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I understand. I have 1020 next to my 930, which makes my tests much like you are doing now. My 1020 is a bit brighter on lowest brightness than 930, but overall it's perfect unlike the one on 930 :-(

jmsflynn

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
Purple hue issue here as well. Mine is green!

Can anybody else confirm if they have following, in low light when opening the camera if you move the camera enough so the ois kicks in the is horrid purple/white banding around the edges of the screen. Doesn't happen with my 1520 or 1020.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Can anybody else confirm if they have following, in low light when opening the camera if you move the camera enough so the ois kicks in the is horrid purple/white banding around the edges of the screen. Doesn't happen with my 1520 or 1020.
Maybe a little, yes. Not so annoying as my black screen not being black :D

Martin87

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Am I the only one who is not experiencing these issues?

I haven't noticed anything with mine, no purple hue on the screen, uneven brightness or anything like that.

Haven't had a chance to use the camera much yet but it seems fine, and produces some very nice shots!

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything with mine, no purple hue on the screen, uneven brightness or anything like that.

Haven't had a chance to use the camera much yet but it seems fine, and produces some very nice shots!

Same here. The black is seamless with the edges of the phone here. Brightness seems even, but I've not really investigated it as I've not noticed an issue.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Went back to the store for a one to one change as the spare part is still not available yet at the Nokia Care Centre in Malaysia

None of these issues are really hardware related I think. They're all on the software part of it. So Nokia Care Centre's can't really do much until they have an update to it.

My 930 has 2 years warranty (hurray for Europe!) so I'm giving Microsoft some time to fix these software issues. The purple tint I solved with adjustments in the colour profile. The quality of the real-time image in the camera (too grainy) will need software improvement.
None of them are serious enough for me to go running to have the phone fixed. If they don't fix them, then in a couple of months I'll just take the phone to Nokia and demand it to be replaced or fixed.

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The only occasion I see a purple hue is when the phone is off and I switch it on. Then the picture fades in from black through purple to the picture that is my lock screen. I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't read this thread.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The only occasion I see a purple hue is when the phone is off and I switch it on. Then the picture fades in from black through purple to the picture that is my lock screen. I don't think I would have noticed if I hadn't read this thread.

I have noticed this too. Also sometimes the action center buttons for WiFi etc, and the keyboard look grey. Its almost like the screen needs to heat up a bit to show off the colours.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for multiple posts, but I think I have a solution to the grey buttons I mentioned and the purple hue when turning on.

I went to settings, turned off sun readability in the display section. It seems to have helped.

Felix Blake

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this is a bug or what but sometimes when placing my phone down on the charging plate they don't connect and i have to end up taking it off and putting it back a few times just to get it to connect..
I know it takes a little while to connect to begin with anyway so its not like I'm putting it down and picking it straight back up.

Anyone else have this problem?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss