Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for multiple posts, but I think I have a solution to the grey buttons I mentioned and the purple hue when turning on.

I went to settings, turned off sun readability in the display section. It seems to have helped.
Yes, the grey keyboard and some other grey areas are a feature; not a bug.

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Can't seem to set a new lock screen background, what's that all about? It just keeps reverting back, not saving changes.
After choosing a new picture you should wait a while. Only after the chosen picture is displayed as the current background picture you can hit the back button or the Windows button to look at the end result. Otherwise it will keep on reverting back to the original.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
My initial reaction to the 930, coming from a 920, is positive but muted - it's not a quantum leap forward but happy with the upgrade. Can anyone please confirm if their volume rocker is "loose" compared to the power and camera button? All three on my 920 after solid but the 930 volume rocker is quite wobbly and if I hold the device sideways, I can produce a fairly nasty "hollow" sound. It doesn't feel secure and I wouldn't want it to stop working down the line! At the same time, I don't want to return it if that's just how it's been manufactured for the metal enclosure 😵

Martin87

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
My initial reaction to the 930, coming from a 920, is positive but muted - it's not a quantum leap forward but happy with the upgrade. Can anyone please confirm if their volume rocker is "loose" compared to the power and camera button? All three on my 920 after solid but the 930 volume rocker is quite wobbly and if I hold the device sideways, I can produce a fairly nasty "hollow" sound. It doesn't feel secure and I wouldn't want it to stop working down the line! At the same time, I don't want to return it if that's just how it's been manufactured for the metal enclosure ��

All the buttons are nice and firm on mine. Certainly not loose or wobbly anyway.

Felix Blake

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
My initial reaction to the 930, coming from a 920, is positive but muted - it's not a quantum leap forward but happy with the upgrade. Can anyone please confirm if their volume rocker is "loose" compared to the power and camera button? All three on my 920 after solid but the 930 volume rocker is quite wobbly and if I hold the device sideways, I can produce a fairly nasty "hollow" sound. It doesn't feel secure and I wouldn't want it to stop working down the line! At the same time, I don't want to return it if that's just how it's been manufactured for the metal enclosure ��

Mine are kinda wobbly when turned sideways, but nothing to raise concern, its not as solid as other phones I've had, but i don't see it as a major problem.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys - I like the build quality otherwise but it's concerning me quite a bit and I've only picked it up a few times so far 😥

sibirsk

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I frequently listen to FM Radio on loudspeaker mode and I've found it "mutes" for no apparent reason, and after 1 min it de-mutes, all on its own.
After 2 or 3 episodes, it begins to work correctly for hours.
(Always happened while stationary, so it's not a FM reception issue)

ANyone found that?

Wouter Duerinck

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I confirm the volume rockers are quite wobbly and make a sound when I shake the phone.

I'm gonna return the phone (to Dutch website Bol.com) for the sound issues I have. It's so frustrating I can't simply play continuous music. I need to restart the phone several times a day. But I'm starting to like the phone a lot. Asked to give me a green one in return :cool:

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I tried the volume rockers on a few demo units and they seemed slightly wobbly, but nothing that would bother me unless I specifically tried to find a flaw in it. Not really to a point though where they would've made any sound when shaking though.

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I confirm the volume rockers are quite wobbly and make a sound when I shake the phone.:

I've been playing a but with mine and think I'll have to send it back. The volume rocker rattles with any slight tilt of my hand. The power button is wobbly too, but totally fine - there's just too much of a difference to ignore 😣

rOIVAz

Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
I tried the volume rockers on a few demo units and they seemed slightly wobbly, but nothing that would bother me unless I specifically tried to find a flaw in it. Not really to a point though where they would've made any sound when shaking though.

Would you say that the volume rocker was the same level of wobbly as the power button? I'll try and get a video of it, but I'd happily live with it being wobbly if it didn't move so much as to make noise

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My initial reaction to the 930, coming from a 920, is positive but muted - it's not a quantum leap forward but happy with the upgrade. Can anyone please confirm if their volume rocker is "loose" compared to the power and camera button? All three on my 920 after solid but the 930 volume rocker is quite wobbly and if I hold the device sideways, I can produce a fairly nasty "hollow" sound. It doesn't feel secure and I wouldn't want it to stop working down the line! At the same time, I don't want to return it if that's just how it's been manufactured for the metal enclosure 😵

Mine are nice and firm too...actually, maybe a little too stiff. Or then it's me that am too accustomed to the more prominent ones on the 920.

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Guys hope you can help me.
Love the phone.
Just have a slight issue.
I am trying to add a certain background as my lock screen.
Went to settings--lock screen---background--change photo
then in backgrounds, second photo in 7th row (sunset scene)
Cannot add this as background in lock screen!
All others work except this one.. can someone help pls!

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Guys hope you can help me.
Love the phone.
Just have a slight issue.
I am trying to add a certain background as my lock screen.
Went to settings--lock screen---background--change photo
then in backgrounds, second photo in 7th row (sunset scene)
Cannot add this as background in lock screen!
All others work except this one.. can someone help pls!

Are you trying to use one of those Microsoft placed for the Tiles background? Because you may not have access to that one. The folder itself is hidden in the phone and you can't delete it (at least I haven't found a way yet)...

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Mine is quite wobbly especially the camera button but it doesn't make any sound when I shake it.

Windows Moan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I have no idea if this has been mentioned before and If it has I apologise so..
No Google option in preferred search? It's there in Developer Preview!? Bing is very limited compare to Google - especially in the UK. It was annoying that there was only g.com and no .co.uk option.. but I could live with that!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa