Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea if this has been mentioned before and If it has I apologise so..
No Google option in preferred search? It's there in Developer Preview!? Bing is very limited compare to Google - especially in the UK. It was annoying that there was only g.com and no .co.uk option.. but I could live with that!

This has been reported on WPCentral. It's something that's only happening in the 930.
It's not clear what happened there. My phone had the CV for Belgium and Luxembourg and it had Google. Now it has Deutsche Telekom's software and it still has Google.

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone recommend the best apps for yahoo mail and gmail pls?
Seems no official apps..
sorry, but this is the first windows phone im using properly, apart from the lumia 1520 i had to return due to defect

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I only use default mail app in the phone. I find it to be perfect for my needs.

And about the problems with screen and signal I'm taking it for a replacement. I hope the new one will not have the same issues.

johnmwingnut

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
The power button on my L930 seems "too Depressed" into the phone, compared to the volume and camera. It seems I can only just press it, before the button is flush.

The camera button also makes an annoying click sound during the first stage - my 920 you just feel the 2 stages rather than sound - can anyone confirm if theres has an audible click?

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Got mine today and it has the purple tint on the screen and volume buttons are loose, going back on Monday. This is ridiculous seeing as it is not a new phone.

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I think the camera button focuses during challow press and takes photo after full press. I find my camre button is "taller" (from level of the phone) than other two buttons.
But all is ok.
Great phone.

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I think the camera button focuses during challow press and takes photo after full press. I find my camre button is "taller" (from level of the phone) than other two buttons.
But all is ok.
Great phone.
I had the same "issue" and even opened a separate thread on it. It turns out it is a feature.

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I find the other two keep alomost flush with the phone , only slightly elevated.
But thats adequate.
I have tried so many latest flagships including qhd screens, this is one of the best

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've had a 920 and I thought it had a really bad screen! The one of my 520 is somewhat worse, but the one of the 920 the black wasn't that black at all!

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Low light is absolutely disgraceful for a flashship phone. 920 smokes it

Agreed. Just horrible. What the hell was Nokia and Microsoft thinking to allow the cameras out with such poor quality. If this was my first PureView device I would for sure never buy one ever again (not that I will, but you get the point)

amdybg40

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed that the poly carbonate back cover is lifting in the corner where the phone gets hot. It now sits a couple of mm above the ally frame. I can push it back down again, so it's definitely worked loose. I may return for a replacement handset as this is not on. Anyone else got the same problem?

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Agreed. Just horrible. What the hell was Nokia and Microsoft thinking to allow the cameras out with such poor quality. If this was my first PureView device I would for sure never buy one ever again (not that I will, but you get the point)

This is my first PureView, and i can only compare to iPhone 5S. I am very doubtful over my future with the 930, i need to do a couple more tests. but i am close to sending back for a full refund.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb