Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
do not know whether this is normal.
I have used nokias email clint to sync my yahoo mail gmail etc.
I note that all inboxes have synced.However, the sent messages are not synced.
How can I rectify this please?

amdybg40

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Fingers crossed mate, i am just sending my one back. I cant have the risk of an overheating device as it will damage it in the long run. Real shame this has all these issues, it could of been a winner otherwise.

It does seem this device, and it launch were hindered by the MSFT acquisition of Nokia. Maybe future devices wont be as bad.

I'm starting to wonder if I was just unlucky with the first handset. For some reason, all of the syncing issues I had are now gone, it doesn't get hot, the screen is better and the menu for display control has changed too? Or as least it seems different as I only have two adjustable options on this phone whereas the last had three i'm sure?

The handset didn't update either, it was on the correct firmware out of the box. If you exchange, you may get a batter handset like i have.

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I had a Z2.. was not good returned..
From all the phones I had, (including note 3,LG G2,lg g3,Xperia Z2.. this is the best..
Overheating is an issue though..
I can't comment on recent Sony build quality but the Z2 (I think) was real cheap feeling - it didn't feel like a high end device worthy of the price tag - although, by all accounts, it was quite good 'operationally' and definitely had a good screen!! I don't know if I could go back to andriod..

I want to love the 930 ;-(

Do we speculate/agree it's a hardware issue for the 930 screen?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, my 930 is going to Nokia in a couple of weeks (because I'm going on vacations meanwhile, otherwise I would send it there tomorrow).
The software bugs I could accept. But then I noticed this:
BtMsfPeCUAAjk9a.jpg

The framing grid got cut on the left side. I reached out to Nokia and they didn't had the problem on their side. So then I took a closer look at the camera module on the back of the phone. And THEN I noticed this:

WP_20140723_16_19_35_Pro.jpg

If you notice, the camera isn't perfectly centred.
Now, it doesn't affect the photos, at least on day light. But I don't know to which extent it doesn't affect the low light one. So off to the Nokia Care it will go.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
I'm starting to wonder if I was just unlucky with the first handset. For some reason, all of the syncing issues I had are now gone, it doesn't get hot, the screen is better and the menu for display control has changed too? Or as least it seems different as I only have two adjustable options on this phone whereas the last had three i'm sure?

The handset didn't update either, it was on the correct firmware out of the box. If you exchange, you may get a batter handset like i have.

How hot are we talking?

matt8044

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Hi
Has anyone noticed that when playing video from youtube in ie then the screen goes dark flashing and then comes back and video is slowing down and the voice is played in the normal speed.
Only I had that experience?

Last edited:

pablowablo

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
Am I the only one who's experiencing random UI taps with the Lumia 930? I can hardly use my phone as it keeps opening up apps and tapping things.. Seems to be on the top right part of the screen that the taps are happening.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one who's experiencing random UI taps with the Lumia 930? I can hardly use my phone as it keeps opening up apps and tapping things.. Seems to be on the top right part of the screen that the taps are happening.

This is a known problem in the Lumia 1520. I mean very, very widespread. Haven't heard too many complaints with the 930 but it's interesting it's happening there too for some, considering it's pretty much the same internals.

pablowablo

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
This is a known problem in the Lumia 1520. I mean very, very widespread. Haven't heard too many complaints with the 930 but it's interesting it's happening there too for some, considering it's pretty much the same internals.

Thanks, I didn't know that. From your reply, I assume that it's a hardware issue in the Lumia 1520? I'm bringing my phone to the retailer tomorrow (purchased 3 days ago). Also, note that this happens without any interaction from my end, e.g. it happens even if I'm not holding the phone

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, I didn't know that. From your reply, I assume that it's a hardware issue in the Lumia 1520? I'm bringing my phone to the retailer tomorrow (purchased 3 days ago). Also, note that this happens without any interaction from my end, e.g. it happens even if I'm not holding the phone

Then that's definitely a hardware issue. That happens on the 1520 as well for some people, but the "widespread" part I was referring to was just swipes/scrolls being interpreted as taps. Though the issue improved somewhat for people, there was never a fix. Definitely replace your phone while you can... there will not be a software fix for this.

Aeons

Jun 17, 2014
Visit site
mine is also not centred.

also if u look at the headphone jack. the frame hole is larger than the headphone jack hole and its also totally off centred.

Well, my 930 is going to Nokia in a couple of weeks (because I'm going on vacations meanwhile, otherwise I would send it there tomorrow).
View attachment 72965

The framing grid got cut on the left side. I reached out to Nokia and they didn't had the problem on their side. So then I took a closer look at the camera module on the back of the phone. And THEN I noticed this:

View attachment 72966

Now, it doesn't affect the photos, at least on day light. But I don't know to which extent it doesn't affect the low light one. So off to the Nokia Care it will go.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
View attachment 72965

View attachment 72966

Mine's also off centre, maybe part of how they designed the module layout?

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Some lucky Lumia 930 don't have any of the issues mentioned here. Meanwhile, older Lumia running Lumia Cyan started to have 'our' issues. Hmm... So, can the heat and the battery issue be fixed with a software update? Or do we need to get a replacement or repair? If a replacement, I hope Nokia is ready.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05