Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

matro

Mar 5, 2002
Visit site
about the issues noted so far I only have the warm bottom back one, and not anything else (no purple, no camera misplaced etc).

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Today, the bottom right corner got unbearably hot when I was using the WPC app, I think a synchronization issue caused it. If it happens again, I'll do a hard reset.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
mine is also not centred.

also if u look at the headphone jack. the frame hole is larger than the headphone jack hole and its also totally off centred.

Mine's also off centre, maybe part of how they designed the module layout?

Just checked mine. Yup, headphone jack also misaligned. And the misalignment is towards the same direction the camera misaligns. This leads me to believe that the entire interior part of the phone is not correctly placed in the aluminium frame.

WP_20140724_16_23_52_Pro.jpg

May I ask all 930's owners to check this issue in their phones? So that we can get a clearer picture at the extent of the problem.

murrayalex

Jun 26, 2002
Visit site
Z2 feels "cheap"..LOL...why not have a quick look on the internet and see the praise that phone has had for its build quality. I have a Z2 and it is as solid as a rock and feels great. In comparison, the 930 I also have here beside me is a Fisher Price toy, the back creaks, the buttons are wobbly...

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
OK! I have fixed my display issues by resetting 930 to factory defaults and by NOT updating the "display" app. My whole screen is black again!

BTW I did take my new phone to a service centre and they said that all is OK with the screen. But the fact is that they could not see the problem because I have them a factory reset phone, so all really was OK with the screen.

My recommendation to all of you who have problems with display like mine is to do a hard reset, restore all your backup and NOT update the display app!

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
mine is slightly misaligned as well.We are talking about 1mm here.not to the right.. but towards bottom..the microphone port is surely misaligned to the right..
However the charging port isnt misaligned.
Im not bothered at the moment.should i be?
Have not used the microphone port yet though.

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Mine is the same..
Probably normal?

Just checked mine. Yup, headphone jack also misaligned. And the misalignment is towards the same direction the camera misaligns. This leads me to believe that the entire interior part of the phone is not correctly placed in the aluminium frame.

View attachment 73102

May I ask all 930's owners to check this issue in their phones? So that we can get a clearer picture at the extent of the problem.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
mine is slightly misaligned as well.We are talking about 1mm here.not to the right.. but towards bottom..the microphone port is surely misaligned to the right..
However the charging port isnt misaligned.
Im not bothered at the moment.should i be?
Have not used the microphone port yet though.

I don't know. I don't see it affecting the phone EXCEPT when it comes to the camera app. If you use the square grid, the left side will be cut off.
I reached Nokia about it and they recommended me to go to a Nokia Care Centre.

Also, I don't know up until which point won't this misalignment affect the quality of the pictures, specially in low light.

Mine is the same..
Probably normal?

No, it's most definitely not normal I'm afraid =\

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 73102

My 930 is aligned perfectly.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
OK! I have fixed my display issues by resetting 930 to factory defaults and by NOT updating the "display" app. My whole screen is black again!

BTW I did take my new phone to a service centre and they said that all is OK with the screen. But the fact is that they could not see the problem because I have them a factory reset phone, so all really was OK with the screen.

My recommendation to all of you who have problems with display like mine is to do a hard reset, restore all your backup and NOT update the display app!

Seriously?! So the bottom right color fading is gone?

milner94

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
  • My camera and headphone port ARE misaligned
  • I DON'T have any issues with square alignment grids - everything is completely centred etc.
  • I DO get the purple tint at low or automatically adjusted low brightness settings
  • My camera performance and especially preview on screen are NOT what I expected in terms of quality

As far as I can tell, I'm not suffering from any other issues. Build quality of unit is pretty exceptional tbh. Assuming/hoping that the purple tint is software related and will be fixed with firmware update.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
  • My camera and headphone port ARE misaligned
  • I DON'T have any issues with square alignment grids - everything is completely centred etc.
  • I DO get the purple tint at low or automatically adjusted low brightness settings
  • My camera performance and especially preview on screen are NOT what I expected in terms of quality

As far as I can tell, I'm not suffering from any other issues. Build quality of unit is pretty exceptional tbh. Assuming/hoping that the purple tint is software related and will be fixed with firmware update.

- The purple tint IS software related. People have said that, if you hard reset the phone and then don't allow the display app to update, the purple tint won't appear. I haven't personally tested as I've already prepared my phone to go back to "Nokia".

- So that's 4 phones with misaligned camera sensor already.

- Does the square grid appear complete? No line of it is gone? (Note that this doesn't affect image quality nor the reframing part. Just the square in the live preview)

- My live preview image on the camera is also miserable specially when light is less than stellar. I've contacted "Nokia" and they said it was normal, but that they would look to improve it.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Seriously?! So the bottom right color fading is gone?
Yes. Not a joke. You can wait for the update which will fix it or do as I did. And I am not updating the display app again, before people confirm that problems are fixed.

BTW my display still suffers a bit of a purple hue but that's nothing compared to the fact it could not display black color.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
My camera sensor seems aligned OK, but what good is that when the camera sucks big time. It's horrible in low light. Just horrible!! I don't think I will be giving up on my 1020 any time soon...

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
My camera sensor seems aligned OK, but what good is that when the camera sucks big time. It's horrible in low light. Just horrible!! I don't think I will be giving up on my 1020 any time soon...

Well, I don't know up to which point the misalignment doesn't affect the low light quality of the photos. Yet, you shouldn't even consider giving up on the 1020 in favour of the 930 when it comes to photos. Even if the 930 didn't suck in low light.

I use the 1020 as my dedicated camera, actually. Neither it replaced my 920 nor will the 930 (once I get it back from "Nokia" in about a month) replace it for photos.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Not a joke. You can wait for the update which will fix it or do as I did. And I am not updating the display app again, before people confirm that problems are fixed.

BTW my display still suffers a bit of a purple hue but that's nothing compared to the fact it could not display black color.

- had phone swapped by new one. Thought it was OK in the shop. Same issue when I got back home... (Difficult to see in a very bright shop)
- tried your hard reset method... no luck. I can see the effect already in the first couple of installation pages.
- back to the shop...

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Well the whole purpose of a good camera phone is that I don't have any other camera since I got Nokia 808! Later 1020 mostly replaced my 808 (808 made sharper pictures). Now I have 930, and I thought not having xenon will be the only problem, but I was wrong. The problem is that 930 is much faster phone and 1020 makes good pictures. How do a person decide which one to use? :) I really don't like carrying around two devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs