Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
- had phone swapped by new one. Thought it was OK in the shop. Same issue when I got back home... (Difficult to see in a very bright shop)
- tried your hard reset method... no luck. I can see the effect already in the first couple of installation pages.
- back to the shop...
Do you have display app version 3.1.2.6? I have that version and as soon as I update it to a newer version my display goes wreck havoc. Please check and let me know. Also I have firmware 02061.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Do you have display app version 3.1.2.6? I have that version and as soon as I update it to a newer version my display goes wreck havoc. Please check and let me know. Also I have firmware 02061.

Current version, before update: 3.1.2.6
Firmware: same as yours.

Like I said, I could already see the slightly brighter grey on one language selection page of the installation process. Gutted I didn't spot it in the shop. I wonder if choosing another color will guarantee it's a sample from another batch.

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Current version, before update: 3.1.2.6
Firmware: same as yours.

Like I said, I could already see the slightly brighter grey on one language selection page of the installation process. Gutted I didn't spot it in the shop. I wonder if choosing another color will guarantee it's a sample from another batch.

WP_20140725_005.jpg

Sorry for the bad picture, but you can see the fading in the bottom right corner.

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
what did you mean by framing grid cut on left side?

I did not understand how you got that grid.. sorry im a rooky in this camera..

Well, my 930 is going to Nokia in a couple of weeks (because I'm going on vacations meanwhile, otherwise I would send it there tomorrow).
The software bugs I could accept. But then I noticed this:
View attachment 72965

The framing grid got cut on the left side. I reached out to Nokia and they didn't had the problem on their side. So then I took a closer look at the camera module on the back of the phone. And THEN I noticed this:

View attachment 72966

If you notice, the camera isn't perfectly centred.
Now, it doesn't affect the photos, at least on day light. But I don't know to which extent it doesn't affect the low light one. So off to the Nokia Care it will go.

milner94

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
@DJCBS

(Sorry, new to forums and haven't worked out how all the script works yet)

Pretty sure mine had the purple tint straight out the box, and therefore without the display update installed. One of the first things I did was check for the problem, then went to Display to try to change the tint slider to green, to find I didn't have that slider - had to update display in order to get the colour tint slider.

My camera is very definitely misaligned, but here is the preview square thingy:

wp_ss_20140725_0001.jpg

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
@DJCBS

(Sorry, new to forums and haven't worked out how all the script works yet)

Pretty sure mine had the purple tint straight out the box, and therefore without the display update installed. One of the first things I did was check for the problem, then went to Display to try to change the tint slider to green, to find I didn't have that slider - had to update display in order to get the colour tint slider.

My camera is very definitely misaligned, but here is the preview square thingy:

View attachment 73279

Hmm weird. Thanks for checking!

what did you mean by framing grid cut on left side?

I did not understand how you got that grid.. sorry im a rooky in this camera..

To have that grid, open the Nokia Camera app -> settings -> framing grids.

Felix Blake

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hmm weird. Thanks for checking!

To have that grid, open the Nokia Camera app -> settings -> framing grids.

Mine has the left side missing too. Maybe software related?

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!ALNklwwt90jgtQ4&v=3&ithint=photo,png

Also, Ive just noticed once checking my headphone port that the back has lifted at the top as well now. So thats 3 locations, the bottom corner by the speaker, the side by the rocker and at the top. I also have the lower corner on the screen lighter than the rest.

Vodafone has said they are fine with replacing it so I just need to go in store. So come Tuesday (my only day off) Ill be going in to get an exchange hopefully as well as a smartpass sim card for NFC payments.

Last edited:

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!ALNklwwt90jgtQ4&v=3&ithint=photo,png

Also, Ive just noticed once checking my headphone port that the back has lifted at the top as well now. So thats 3 locations, the bottom corner by the speaker, the side by the rocker and at the top. I also have the lower corner on the screen lighter than the rest.

Vodafone has said they are fine with replacing it so I just need to go in store. So come Tuesday (my only day off) Ill be going in to get an exchange hopefully as well as a smartpass sim card for NFC payments.

It's not software. I've tried reinstalling everything and it was still there. I reached to Nokia and they couldn't reproduce it on their end. Only after noticing the missing side of the grid did I noticed the misalignment of the camera which I believe is the reason for that.
Take it to Vodafone and do replace it.
I've taken mine to Nokia today. It will take them two or three weeks to repair or exchange the phone.

Haiden Bailey1

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Extremely. Taking it back today, I have other problems with the light sensor not turning the screen back on during a phone call making the phone useless. This happen to you or anyone?

Felix Blake

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi there. Just got back from Vodafone store with new 930. A little hot this one but that's cause I'm running a back up right now so its expected but not uncomfortable (plus doesn't help that I'm in the sun...)
Also can confirm the square grid isn't cut off on this one, however the back case is loose still but nothing majorly bad and not bothered by it. Also screen brightness problem isn't apparent on this model. As for the screen flicker it's too early to say but will update.

So people with a problem get the phone replaced. Most likely a dud batch.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
hmm... I wonder what happened to the PureMotion HD+? Anyone from older flagship (920,1020)?

There was an article about this some time back. Microsoft licensed most of the terminology accompanied by Lumias but not PureMotion HD+. I think WPC was speculating that they may have dropped the name cos nowadays just about all phones run at higher FPS, but back when the term was taken into use it wasnt as common. So now it's just a basic feature, sort of.

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I get the grid.. but what did you mean that the left side is cut off?

thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb