Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
i went to nokia care centre in town.
the owner of the care centre has a nokia 930 too, has same proclem as me.left side of grid isnt there.. his camera is dead centre though.
His microphone is same as mine.towards a side.
He feels all of these are not issues.
I feel it should be fine.
Would go back if further issue.
His date is 18/6/2014

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i went to nokia care centre in town.
the owner of the care centre has a nokia 930 too, has same proclem as me.left side of grid isnt there.. his camera is dead centre though.
His microphone is same as mine.towards a side.
He feels all of these are not issues.
I feel it should be fine.
Would go back if further issue.
His date is 18/6/2014

Yeah, he doesn't have to "feel". Just fix. Lol

One of the guys at the Care Centre here had a 925... The other one had an S5 and what I think was a Note3 :p

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
May i know where your care centre was?UK?
Mine was UK.
By the way, what does that grid thing do to photos?
Sorry my ignorance, but I am a novice in this field..
Yeah, he doesn't have to "feel". Just fix. Lol

One of the guys at the Care Centre here had a 925... The other one had an S5 and what I think was a Note3 :p

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
im wondering how he also dint have the left side of the grid.. both our phones, the grid appears once you turn the screen.
I personally checked, and it was in dead centre.
He said it did not matter where the camera was actually inside the ring..
I feel the grid thing may be a software issue..
By the way, the guy at nokia care was agent for both samsung and nokia.
He said 930 was the best.. lol

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I actually compared Z2 screen to nokia Lumia 930 screen.
Although the z2 screen is 5.2, the icons take valuable space, so actually the screen size (minus home, back button icons) is smaller than lumia 930

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Does the back still click in the back?
May I know which color ? is it UK?

tHANKS
Hi there. Just got back from Vodafone store with new 930. A little hot this one but that's cause I'm running a back up right now so its expected but not uncomfortable (plus doesn't help that I'm in the sun...)
Also can confirm the square grid isn't cut off on this one, however the back case is loose still but nothing majorly bad and not bothered by it. Also screen brightness problem isn't apparent on this model. As for the screen flicker it's too early to say but will update.

So people with a problem get the phone replaced. Most likely a dud batch.

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
may i kindly know build creation date.. just want to check whether mine is from faulty batch..
mine is 19/6/2014
Hi there, yes its uk version and green.
Back doesn't click but there is a slight give, although that might just be the plastic bending and me being pedantic about it.

Felix Blake

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
Also, pretty positive camera grid issue is software related as once I updated Nokia camera the left side is missing. This has no effect on performance and it shows up again when turned landscape.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
May i know where your care centre was?UK?
Mine was UK.
By the way, what does that grid thing do to photos?
Sorry my ignorance, but I am a novice in this field..

Portugal.

The grid does nothing but it's helpful to help you frame photos in general and photos for Instagram or any social network that uses photos in 1:1 ratio.

im wondering how he also dint have the left side of the grid.. both our phones, the grid appears once you turn the screen.
I personally checked, and it was in dead centre.
He said it did not matter where the camera was actually inside the ring..
I feel the grid thing may be a software issue..
By the way, the guy at nokia care was agent for both samsung and nokia.
He said 930 was the best.. lol

It's just a guess since otherwise it would be a problem with the software of the phone and that would affect everyone and it clearly doesn't. Also, "Nokia" itself couldn't reproduce it.

Yeah that seems to be common. And of course, the 930 is better. Anything is better than a Samsung =P
Curiously, Lisbon's Nokia Care also sells Samsungs and it's the official support channel for Sony too.

Also, pretty positive camera grid issue is software related as once I updated Nokia camera the left side is missing. This has no effect on performance and it shows up again when turned landscape.

Tweet it to Nokia Helps, please. So they know that there are more people having the issue.

Virgil Wilsterman

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
OK! I have fixed my display issues by resetting 930 to factory defaults and by NOT updating the "display" app. My whole screen is black again!

BTW I did take my new phone to a service centre and they said that all is OK with the screen. But the fact is that they could not see the problem because I have them a factory reset phone, so all really was OK with the screen.

My recommendation to all of you who have problems with display like mine is to do a hard reset, restore all your backup and NOT update the display app!

Can't believe this actually worked for me too.

WP_20140726_23_19_07_Pro.jpg

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all
And thx for all the info.
I had the not black black screen prob too. I followed Willymans advice and reset my phone to factorysettings. The screen was black after that AND my grid was intact too. At first i didnt understand the part about not downloading the screen app. Then I noticed it was in the que for downloading and I cancelled it. I didnt cancel the camera app download, and my grid lost its left side again :) btw I now only have two settings in the colour profile settings, I guess the third - the tint adjustment - comes with the screen app.

My L930 is build on the 20/6 and my backpanel creaks, headphone jack is to one side and camera is not centeret. Thats not great but the worst thing was the screen not beeing completly balck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs