Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I made a hard reset today and I didn't update anything except display to fix the purple hue. It was very helpful to my device's problems. But then, I installed mehdoh and noticed a battery drain with a little heat while using it. So, I uninstalled it and now everything is working fine. Also, there is a problem with the wifi which causes the battery drain. I turned off the wifi and there was no drain or heat. The only heat I noticed is while recharging the phone which is normal as I know with all devices.

I guess the apps which didn't get updates to support wp8.1 are causing battery drain too.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Do you think return my device to get a new one is a good idea? Now I only in pain because of battery drain in use only. But I don't have screen bleeding nor heating or battery drain in idle.

itti_sam

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
This is very frustrating!! I replaced my first 930 and the replacement is no better. Same overheating and battery drain :(

I noticed that the battery drains from 100% to 90% very fast and then gets slower, but still unacceptable rate.

I have a 720 running DP and the battery in it is excellent. I am starting to think that Cyan is the culprit after all. If I update to DP update 1 which is coming this week, will it erase everything that nokia added in Cyan? and if not, how can I clean install a DP OS?

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
This is very frustrating!! I replaced my first 930 and the replacement is no better. Same overheating and battery drain :(

I noticed that the battery drains from 100% to 90% very fast and then gets slower, but still unacceptable rate.

I have a 720 running DP and the battery in it is excellent. I am starting to think that Cyan is the culprit after all. If I update to DP update 1 which is coming this week, will it erase everything that nokia added in Cyan? and if not, how can I clean install a DP OS?
You'd have to flash your 930 to WP8.0, then install the DP.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Not sure I'd say Cyan is the culprit... my Lumia 1520.3 has been updated with Cyan and battery life may even be a bit more stellar than it was before Cyan.

Last edited:

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
The only caveats I have with my 930 are a slightly raised screen on the bottom right corner and a "clicking" back plate on the bottom left corner, where the speaker is. The side buttons aren't as crisp as on my old 920 and 720.

Anyone else with these issues?

horray

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Are you guys also having battery problems? Not even a day with normal usage! This is probably part due to the heat issue. But is just isn't normal! I want to be able to use my phone normally without worrying about the battery just because I want to check a few things on my phone! :(
I have the same problem. The battery drains pretty quick and normally after almost 12 hours, it is down to the last 10%. Is that normal. My usage is mainly for emails, whatsapp and less than 15 minutes of talktime.

I also noticed that when the phone heats up (normally happens when it is on standby) and the battery level drops pretty fast. What I would do when the phone heats up is a soft reset.

One more issue I face is sometimes when I slide up the lockscreen, I get a blank screen with "resume" and it takes some time to load up to the start screen. Did anyone faced the same issue? Not sure if this is caused by the Live Lockscreen Beta app from MS. I have already uninstalled it but this problem happens every 3rd-4th time I turn on my phone. Sigh....

TripleHelix192

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same problem. The battery drains pretty quick and normally after almost 12 hours, it is down to the last 10%. Is that normal. My usage is mainly for emails, whatsapp and less than 15 minutes of talktime.

I also noticed that when the phone heats up (normally happens when it is on standby) and the battery level drops pretty fast. What I would do when the phone heats up is a soft reset.

One more issue I face is sometimes when I slide up the lockscreen, I get a blank screen with "resume" and it takes some time to load up to the start screen. Did anyone faced the same issue? Not sure if this is caused by the Live Lockscreen Beta app from MS. I have already uninstalled it but this problem happens every 3rd-4th time I turn on my phone. Sigh....

I had that lock issue. Wasn't the live lock screen. I saw someone else say it was Cortana, which I unpinned and no resuming after lock anymore!
I still think the battery could be better than what it should. I know this phone has a quad core but its draining as fast as my 8X on preview 8.1. Maybe they haven't tweaked it properly so that it only utilizes what CPU usage it needs.

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
FM Radio bug....

I listen using the FM radio every day, and I've noticed that it doesn't matter what station I am listening to, if I go to change the volume, the drop down always says "87.5" instead of the actual frequency I am listening to.

I have had the station change periodically, to show the correct frequency, but 9 times out of 10 it says 87.5 :(
definitely a bug!

WIN_20140806_083143.JPG

WIN_20140806_083153.JPG

Maximrace

Aug 6, 2014
Visit site
New Lumia 930 here:
My phone often takes unsharp pictures or pictures with a lot of grain. When I shake my phone something loose it rattling in the camera, is this normal?
Also, I have been very carefull yet I allready have a few light scratches on the screen. Is there a standard screen protector on it that now is scratched ( had that with my previous phone) or is this allready the glass?

Koki.v3

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I just cannot catch a break with the Lumia phones. I've went trough 3 Lumia 925's, where all three of them had squeaky/clicky/loose back covers when pressed slightly in certain spots. One of them also had a broken vibrate function resulting in VERY loud vibrate noises, even when pressing the touch buttons. I returned all three of them and decided to wait for a new phone to come. I've been very anxious to get the 930 ever since I saw it being announced in April.

Unfortunately this phone suffers from problems that many people already reported:

• Phone gets VERY hot when playing games and kinda warm/hot when doing tasks like chatting on whatsapp or facebook, I simply refuse to accept the phone getting this warm doing these ordinary and what I believe - simple tasks. Hard reset didn't help.
  • Screen brightness not uniform across the whole screen, the top of my display is brighter than the bottom and at the bottom it shows the pink/purple hue (the opposite of what some people reported). It's very noticeable in apps and menus with dark grey backgrounds (see attachments). Hard reset didn't help this, however not installing the display driver update certainly helps, because blacks are black instead of "backlit blacks". With the display driver installed it's even worse.
  • Rattling/wobbly volume rocker (I don't care about this one, it's just something I noticed).
  • Back plate can be pushed in a couple of places and makes noises when pressure is applied to it certain ways. For example placing it on the wireless charger (DT-900), the raised circle on it pushes into the phone and it makes a slight creak. This might not be a big issue for some but after going through the 925's I simply can't NOT notice it.

I'm sending the phone back to get a replacement unit, but I swear to god if the second one has similar or the same issues, I'm giving up on the Lumia phones entirely. I've had nothing but bad luck... well back to the Omnia 7 I go.

Attachments

• display.jpg
    display.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 14
  • display2.jpg
    display2.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 15

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member