Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
At Boby. My keys weren't backlit either. I thought it might have something to do with batterysaver mode. I turned batterysaver mode on and off couple of times. That didn't help. But when I turned the phone off and on afterwards my backlight was back.

vecera

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Anyone has problems with quiet audio in video recordings?

Using Nokia Camera. WP8.1, also tried WP 8.1 Update 1. Stereo speakers or not, dolby or not, doesn't metter. Also when video is moved to PC it is very quiet, almost muted.

Audio level never exceeds 10-15%. You have to set 30/30 audio volume on the phone, to hear anything.

Hard reset doesn't help.

Hmm I have that problem as well :) when I recorder video, audio was so LOW (I have now update 1, but I didn't try to hard reset).

Just try to turn off Surround Sound in Camera>Video settings and than should be fine (I didn't try that but I think it will work).

darksox

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Green spot - a couple of days ago a green spot has appeared on the screen. Not sure how else to explain it, so I had attached an image.

EDIT: If I take a screenshot, the green spot isn't saved so it is something physical maybe?

Lumia 930 - Green spot.jpg

Last edited:

GStr

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Hmm I have that problem as well :) when I recorder video, audio was so LOW (I have now update 1, but I didn't try to hard reset).

Just try to turn off Surround Sound in Camera>Video settings and than should be fine (I didn't try that but I think it will work).

Didn't solve the problem. However:

1. Audio file recorded on L930 sounds low on L930
2. Audio file recorded on L920 sounds normal on L920
3. Audio file recorded on L930 played on L920 sounds normal.
4. Audio file recorded on L920 played on L930 sounds low.
5. Both audio files sound almost the same on PC.
6. Turning on dolby normalization solved the problem on L930.

Seems like playback issue on MP4 files in L930. But internet files play well.

Boby-HRZ

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
Turning the phone off and then on didn't help me, the touch buttons are off all the time, wether the surrounding it's dark or bright or the battery saver it's on or off. :(

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Green spot - a couple of days ago a green spot has appeared on the screen. Not sure how else to explain it, so I had attached an image.

EDIT: If I take a screenshot, the green spot isn't saved so it is something physical maybe?

Something physical for sure. I know some phones can have issues with glue melting and showing on the screen but usually that is yellow colored. Anywho that looks like a nasty defect and someting is going on so you better replace it or take it in for repair unfortunately.

DJ_IMC

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Could anyone try to replicate this?
WP_20140811_21_22_54_Pro.jpgWP_20140812_00_17_00_Pro.jpg
Bright light hitting the camera sideways always produces these flares on my phone. I've never had these on my 920 and 925. I feel like I have an iPhone 5...

Last edited:

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I received my Lumia 930 today. Most beautiful device I ever did hold and my dream phone. Amazingly slick,smooth and fast. But I had one issue which is white streaks at the top of the screen on black backgrounds. Really annoyed now

Adirocks

Mar 18, 2014
Visit site
It seems, Microsoft has acknowledged that some Lumia 930 displays are exhibiting purple tone in certain brightness conditions.Lumia-930-purple1.jpg

rboxz

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I can't get apps like youtube and twitter to work. I just can't login because the app says it can't connect. My internet connection isn't the problem because Stuff like internet explorer and Bing apps work perfectly fine

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes. The photos aren't affected but the LiveView is horrible. And the lowest light you have, the grainier it gets.

Mikeey87

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
An update on the screen issue (screen inconsistency). I've had 4 different Lumia 930's now, all with similar problems regarding the screen inconsistency. The 3rd one I send to Nokia care in the Netherlands and they only did a software reset and send it back ( wow great job microkia ) Yesterday I went to the shop to exchange one last time and found one that had it the least.. It's still there, but not so visible that it becomes too annoying. The other two I saw there had it even worse then I've seen before. The funny part is that the employee didn't see it at first (she thought it was a design feature of the keyboard), but lying them next to each other she just laughed and said that was horrible.

Skip to today and I got a message back from Nokia Netherlands o facebook. The message states there's going to be an update in early September fixing the famous purple bug, but according to this employee this will fix many display issues one of it being the display inconsistency!!

I've decided to wait till this supposed fix and see if it does indeed perfect this semi-ok screen. If not, back to Nokia care with an angry note that they better not just software reset my phone but actually replace the screen for a working one!

Darren Walsh

May 9, 2013
Visit site
An update on the screen issue (screen inconsistency). I've had 4 different Lumia 930's now, all with similar problems regarding the screen inconsistency. The 3rd one I send to Nokia care in the Netherlands and they only did a software reset and send it back ( wow great job microkia ) Yesterday I went to the shop to exchange one last time and found one that had it the least.. It's still there, but not so visible that it becomes too annoying. The other two I saw there had it even worse then I've seen before. The funny part is that the employee didn't see it at first (she thought it was a design feature of the keyboard), but lying them next to each other she just laughed and said that was horrible.

Skip to today and I got a message back from Nokia Netherlands o facebook. The message states there's going to be an update in early September fixing the famous purple bug, but according to this employee this will fix many display issues one of it being the display inconsistency!!

I've decided to wait till this supposed fix and see if it does indeed perfect this semi-ok screen. If not, back to Nokia care with an angry note that they better not just software reset my phone but actually replace the screen for a working one!

Sweet,I wonder if it will be a firmware update or just an update to the display app

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Good news! Can't wait!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers