Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I have the same thing, about the purple tint on the screen, but its mostly on the left uper corner. Could it be the same issue of more a hardware problem?

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I also have purple flashes when using the camera in dark places, looks like big flares. Fact is this screen has issues and need to Be fix. I hope the update in september will be fixing this.

And I noticed that there is no more option to automatically adjust the time settings. It's only manual adjustable..

Last edited:

Rogozinski

Jun 23, 2014
Visit site
An update on the screen issue (screen inconsistency). I've had 4 different Lumia 930's now, all with similar problems regarding the screen inconsistency. The 3rd one I send to Nokia care in the Netherlands and they only did a software reset and send it back ( wow great job microkia ) Yesterday I went to the shop to exchange one last time and found one that had it the least.. It's still there, but not so visible that it becomes too annoying. The other two I saw there had it even worse then I've seen before. The funny part is that the employee didn't see it at first (she thought it was a design feature of the keyboard), but lying them next to each other she just laughed and said that was horrible.

Skip to today and I got a message back from Nokia Netherlands o facebook. The message states there's going to be an update in early September fixing the famous purple bug, but according to this employee this will fix many display issues one of it being the display inconsistency!!

I've decided to wait till this supposed fix and see if it does indeed perfect this semi-ok screen. If not, back to Nokia care with an angry note that they better not just software reset my phone but actually replace the screen for a working one!
Nokia Care Netherlands? You mean Germany? Im from Netherlands and I sended my Nokia to Germany.

Mikeey87

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Nokia Care Netherlands? You mean Germany? Im from Netherlands and I sended my Nokia to Germany.

Correct Nokia care Netherlands is situated in Germany. I did not see the need to specify that part, but there you go.

On another note, I do hope this supposed update fixes the issue elsewise I think a product recall might not be a bad idea. I've seen so many Lumia 930s now and all of them had varying amounts of color inconsistencies. The people that stated theirs was uniform still had it, but so little they just didn't notice it that easy (using a grey image ruined it for them, sorry).

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Correct Nokia care Netherlands is situated in Germany. I did not see the need to specify that part, but there you go.

On another note, I do hope this supposed update fixes the issue elsewise I think a product recall might not be a bad idea. I've seen so many Lumia 930s now and all of them had varying amounts of color inconsistencies. The people that stated theirs was uniform still had it, but so little they just didn't notice it that easy (using a grey image ruined it for them, sorry).

Mine is only slightly more bright in the upper right corner, along with the purple tint of course, is the update supposed to fix both problems or just the purple tint?

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Mine is only slightly more bright in the upper right corner, along with the purple tint of course, is the update supposed to fix both problems or just the purple tint?
Same here, quite similar. Left upper corner a bit darker (read: Purple spot), it's getting less visible when adjusting the colors, but the colors then hurts my eyes 😋. I could trade it in as a DOA. But I have fait that the update wil fix it. Otherwise I'll still got the warranty.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Same here, quite similar. Left upper corner a bit darker (read: Purple spot), it's getting less visible when adjusting the colors, but the colors then hurts my eyes 😋. I could trade it in as a DOA. But I have fait that the update wil fix it. Otherwise I'll still got the warranty.

I'm actually scared to trade it in because I don't want to get a 930 with even more screen inconsistencies and end up having to go through 10 different phones before I get an OK one, like in some of the horror stories I've read on here.

NexEverto

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
I've noticed my screen is slightly raised at the bottom right corner. Sits flush to the aluminium frame everywhere else.

I have the same issue with my phone; I'm working with Nokia to have it fixed/replaced. The black anodized aluminium frame on my phone also has a few scratches on it which came like that out of the box. Some of the scratches are between the screen and the frame, in places it’d be impossible to get them without cracking the screen.

My battery has also gone from decaying 3% - 5% per hour to 9% - 12% per hour over night. No idea what changed, as I haven't installed any new apps, but it's barely lasting 7 hours now.

Rev0Knuckle

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone encountered the bug whereby when you put the phone in silent mode it will not go back to 'ring' mode without rebooting? Even when allegedly in 'ring' mode on volume 10 I get no audible alerts whatsoever. I can't find anything else about it and I'm very reluctant to take my phone in for a warranty swap when I have one which has a decent display without the dreaded problems others seem to have had.

Apologies if this is mentioned elsewhere, I did search but couldn't find anything.

NexEverto

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
notice that whenever I turn on my screen, the greys are fine for a few seconds and then it jumps to the horrible purple tint.

I noticed mine does the same thing a few days ago, seems most noticeable when the phones been sitting with it's screen off for a while.

Mikeey87

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone get red artifacts while recording in the dark? Here's my video.

Yes this is an issue occurring in the Nokia camera app. This can be fixed for now by using the latest installment of Nokia camera beta from the store. Hopefully the camera app can be updated soon for the average joe, making this issue nonexistent.
Unfortunately I cannot post links yet, but just Google Nokia camera beta and it should bring you to the windows phone store.

xboxvn

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone,
I'm using Lumia 930 but I cannot find the game Modern Combat 5: Blackout from the Store.
I also try to find it on the web but when I click on the link, it say that: Item isn't available on the Store.
Could you advise me to solve this problem???

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Yes this is an issue occurring in the Nokia camera app. This can be fixed for now by using the latest installment of Nokia camera beta from the store. Hopefully the camera app can be updated soon for the average joe, making this issue nonexistent.
Unfortunately I cannot post links yet, but just Google Nokia camera beta and it should bring you to the windows phone store.

I took that video with the latest Nokia Camera Beta app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb