Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
FM Radio bug....

I listen using the FM radio every day, and I've noticed that it doesn't matter what station I am listening to, if I go to change the volume, the drop down always says "87.5" instead of the actual frequency I am listening to.

I have had the station change periodically, to show the correct frequency, but 9 times out of 10 it says 87.5 :(
definitely a bug!

View attachment 75425

View attachment 75424
This bug appears to have been fixed in 8.1.1
:)

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the auto brightness looks more smoother than before the update ( dev prev from today) it's a start :)

Yes the amount of purple did went down considerably. Though it's still there. But I had the colour profile completely on "green" and now it's almost on "neutral". So it's getting there. Maybe an update to the Display app fixes the rest.

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes the amount of purple did went down considerably. Though it's still there. But I had the colour profile completely on "green" and now it's almost on "neutral". So it's getting there. Maybe an update to the Display app fixes the rest.
We still need an update of the display app. This could solve al lot including the bleeding on the screen when full black is used

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't need an update for the display app. After latest firmware I have no more bleeding issues. I can manually set brightness to highest and in hardware tests app choose a black color over while screen and the screen shows nothing. All Black just like it is supposed to! I'm happy now.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Yep same here black is black. But grey is not grey. Its lighter at the bottom and the display and at the sides. Like the bleeding before. And the grey is also uneven like in streaks vertically.
This can't be fixed by software because its a hardware issue with the oled panel. I had mine exchanged with Nokia care and the new one is also not perfect but much much better than the first screen I've had.

Eric369

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
I think that is still problem of Software because the purple tint still appears (just a little bit) and about the grey if I go to display settings and move the colour bar to green (to try to solved the purple issue) the grey looks more green obviously but this time the green is equal in both parts of the screen not like the grey that is more white in right side of the screen.

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
@zvjerOPC...congrats on your new display😊 I follow you, it must be hardware. And as you experienced one is not likely to get a perfect display. I think I will stick with my display - the flaws are not visible in everyday use. Still annoying though😊
@ Eric369 tried your tint trick. Doesn't help me. The display gets greenish but the slight streakiness and sort of bleeding is still visible on grey screens.

If I learned one thing from this thread it must be....read here first, buy later😊 In the meanwhile L930 has come on sale...here in Denmark....
This was my last Lumia on launch day😊

Ivan Hristov

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I want to change my 820 so I was looking at 930 and 830. After reading this topic I think I'll wait to see the comments on 830 :/
Sent from my NOKIA Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

Eric369

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
@ Eric369 tried your tint trick. Doesn't help me. The display gets greenish but the slight streakiness and sort of bleeding is still visible on grey screens.

Hi, in your case I think that must be Hardware problem, because with the last update the bleeding problems of my phone has been solved, the only problem now is the colour grey that isn't grey ( I mean, if I move the profile colour to green, the green is equal in the bars, but with the grey colour it seems more white in the right) anyway, Do you has received the last update?

carryonvending

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Had a strange one this morning. After the latest GDR 1 update adding Cortana.
Had Cortana set Quiet Hours to 2200 - 0700 with Inner Circle addresses added.
This morning QH still running at 0730, tried to solve so tried a Soft reboot, only to get no reboot at all only Blue Screen (oh my God, they are back) with :( unhappy face that I couldn't get rid of.
So 5hit or bust, a HARD RESET required. Ages later all now as it was.
Any ideas? I suppose tomorrow's QH switch off will point to where we go from here.

Ron Heyes

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Try adjusting the volume of medias on 25-30. Then for example start What's App (I think the app uses something related to sound). Then close the app and wait ~ 5 sec. the "claac!" on the speaker will be awful :-( I never had that on the 925.

Anybody else having this issue? Not sure whether it is F/W or H/W issue.

Ron Heyes

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else having this issue? Not sure whether it is F/W or H/W issue.

Also just noticed that if I open Whatsapp and then place my ear against the speaker there is loads of white noise. Then when I come out of Whatsapp the white noise cuts off which is responsible for the "click" sound. Any one else having this?

EngDreams

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
I have a couple to se if anyone has ....

When calling someone taking the handset away from your ear the screen remains black, you have to put it against a completely flat surface to black out the sensor then it will show you your call again, this is only a recent issue.

The other I have had since I got the phone is with hidden Wi-Fi networks and its inability to stay connected to one or reconnect consistently when in range. Both are actually quite annoying as I call often and use hidden networks in one of our projects for work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss