Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Ron Heyes

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I have tested white noise in WhatsApp and confirmed it on Lumias 930, 925, 920 and HTC8X.

I don't doubt it. But it does not change the fact that my device exhibits this behaviour with ALL audio applications, including Music, which when closed is followed by the "click" after a few seconds. My device also makes this click when notifications activate and it is in vibrate only mode.

ZvjerOPC

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I don't doubt it. But it does not change the fact that my device exhibits this behaviour with ALL audio applications, including Music, which when closed is followed by the "click" after a few seconds. My device also makes this click when notifications activate and it is in vibrate only mode.

Oh, my Music app does not produce any white noise :-/

Ron Heyes

May 6, 2013
Visit site
TBH I wouldn't have noticed the white noise if it had not been for the "click" sound. It is what started me investigating this. Anyway, my 930 is being returned tomorrow and a new 830 is being delivered. I will see how I get on with that.

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Display app updated, but still not much improvements. Black is still mot completely black etc. Unless you uninstall the,display app. So that is not a hardware problem

NexEverto

Aug 18, 2014
Visit site
TBH I wouldn't have noticed the white noise if it had not been for the "click" sound. It is what started me investigating this. Anyway, my 930 is being returned tomorrow and a new 830 is being delivered. I will see how I get on with that.

Both 930s I've owned suffer this 'clicking' issue. It's the power shutting off to the speaker. I've also had a 1520 which made the same sound, and a friend has a 925 which does it as well. Most people can't hear it (I've tested it on my friends), but if you dig around the internet you'll see it's a common thing with Nokia's and not a fixable one.

All speakers will suffer from this power surge unless measures are put in place. Even iPhones do it, but I suspect they don't have strong speakers like Nokia's do so it's not as noticeable.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I do not have the option to adjust the time automatically... Is that normal?

No, it's not normal. Have you tried to search for "date+time"? Is it not on the phone? If so, you may need to try a hard reset.

Mind you, that has nothing to do with having SIM cards on the phone or not.

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
No, it's not normal. Have you tried to search for "date+time"? Is it not on the phone? If so, you may need to try a hard reset.

Mind you, that has nothing to do with having SIM cards on the phone or not.

I dont have it also. Already did a reset etc.
Date & time is available, but only to adjust it manually.

Al_2

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I don't have it either. I think some carrier ROMs removed it as an option because it was confusing before 8.1.1 when the phone didn't automatically set the time (because the carrier didn't support it). I'm on EE (UK).

Eric369

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Yep, same here, you have two options: Return the phone to Nokia or wait for update but I think that is problem of hardware because with the last update this problem has been solved in many phones. I will sell the phone and no more Lumia 930 for me.

Torrez Maier

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
I have to say the battery on the 930 is horrible. However, it's not as bad as the iPhone 4S. But it's definitely worse than the ones on the 920 and 1020.
I came from Blackberry Z10 and I feel like the battery life is pretty good. With 2 exchange accounts, 2 hours of music, some web browsing and facebook I go to bed at midnight at 30-40% battery (having unplugged the phone at 7am). My Z10 used to die half way through the day

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Just got my 930 back from repairs, I sent it away because the screen was lifted. They ended up replacing the entire screen so the brightness uniformity issue and purple hue issue are also gone but that may just be because of the new firmware.

I'm happy but I've also become a bit paranoid because I'm afraid my screen will become loose agajn if the device gets too hot...

ericmackrodt

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing another annoying thing while listening to music with headphones.
The audio intensity isn't uniform, it's like the audio gets a little weaker sometimes then it gets normal again.
I thought it was some configuration in the audio settings to keep the volume level consistent because several music players and audio equipment have this feature. The thing is, feature is really annoying because it has a delay and, when the music becomes louder and intense, it takes a little while to kick in and the intensity of the song keeps varying, so I went to disable it, but there's no setting for this in the phone!
Is anyone having this issue?

It's one more issue for my list of issues I'm having with this phone!
Another thing is the back of the phone (mine is black), it now has marks like those that keyboards have after using them for a while due to sweat. I've had this phone for around two months, I thought this kind thing would appear only after a year of use!

Torrez Maier

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
One thing that bugs me is that sometimes despite having Bluetooth headphones hooked up the audio still comes out of the main speaker so I have to reconnect while other times it switches over straight away. Few times I also had to restart the music app let it be Spotify or MixRadio.
Another annoying thing is that Cortana sometimes doesn't he's me completely, as if microphone was off. I had to restart the device to make it work again which leads me to conclusion that it may be caused by issues associated to switching between different sound input and output devices. Anyone has same issues?

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Just got my 930 back from repairs, I sent it away because the screen was lifted. They ended up replacing the entire screen so the brightness uniformity issue and purple hue issue are also gone but that may just be because of the new firmware.

I'm happy but I've also become a bit paranoid because I'm afraid my screen will become loose agajn if the device gets too hot...
How long did it took to fix yours?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077