Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Camera.

Sometimes when activated, it won't shoot and the control button isn't even visible.

Has happened twice and reboot always fixes.

Lumia 1020 had the same nonsense; sw update usually fixes for good.

ssushmanth

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I am facing alarm sound issues on my L930 ..when I set 2-3 alarms with duration gaps when the snooze time time conflicts alarm sound is not coming but when I check the phone after I wake up alarm do show up on time but without sound .. So I started to set alarm only once even though once in a while I think its conflicting with b'day reminders .. Alarm just showing up on mobile without sound .. Any resolutions??

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Aaaand the top left corner of the screen on my 930 is lifting. And I barely use the phone at all! (I only use it to play AoE).
I'll take it, AGAIN, to the Care Centre when I happen to pass by. I'm not even bothering going there on purpose anymore.

Lemmiwinkles

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My 930 was replaced by Nokia after screen lifting issues. The replacement seems well glued down this time, however the battery life is horrible compared to my first one and it suffers from bad screen flickering

Grimesaion

Dec 11, 2014
Visit site
Had my phone for about 2 weeks now. I first noticed this bug whilst traveling. I pulled Down a mix offline on the Nokia mix radio. I have installed also blink box and I have put on a top 40 on my music. Whilst traveling on the train my phone with earphones plugged in was playing the music then all of a sudden the sound went max then I manually turned the volume to a desired volume at the time of doing this Cortana had came on can't remember what she said. Now my music won't play, not on my music, Nokia mix radio or blink box. I restarted the phone then the music came on again and repeated the process, I thought at 1st Cortana is interfering with my music, but I turned her off and now only a few songs play then nothing I can select songs to play but when I press play nothing plays, this also happens when the earphones are unplugged, please help.

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone confirm this?
My lumia 930 Capacitive buttons refuse to turn off while battery saver is turned on. I realized this few hours ago. Do you guys think it's normal on 930?
Because I remember, on my L920 these lights turned off while battery saver is on.

Pacou90

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

i don't know if it's normal or not, but i have something moving inside when i shack the phone...
near lens i think.

But phone is working nothing broken and never dropped !

Other got same or i can send it to nokia care... ?

Thank you.

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Can anyone confirm this?
My lumia 930 Capacitive buttons refuse to turn off while battery saver is turned on. I realized this few hours ago. Do you guys think it's normal on 930?
Because I remember, on my L920 these lights turned off while battery saver is on.

It happens since last Battery Saver app update. They may fix that in the next release.

Hello,

i don't know if it's normal or not, but i have something moving inside when i shack the phone...
near lens i think.

But phone is working nothing broken and never dropped !

Other got same or i can send it to nokia care... ?

Thank you.

I believe that this sound is produced by Optical Image Stabilization device.

sibirsk

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
My bugs (os and core apps related)

- fm radio mutes and unmutes while on speakerphone
- Xbox music stops playing at song's end, even if playlist not over
- Xbox music's recent played don't work, even if music file is still present
- touch screen dies at wake up and doesn't come back until soft reset
- proximity sensor doesn't work until reboot: screen stays on while calling and phone next to ear (rarely)
- after 8.1.1 update, phone becomes unresponsive and then reboots (twice a week in average)

I see a lack of updates from Nokia/MSFT, even for issues that are proven (fm radio). I expected much better.

Every time it reboots on its own, which happens twice a week in average, it loses the current time and I don't always notice. It is not synced until a few hours after.
Also, and this baffles me, sometimes during a crash-reboot I also lose data not strictly related to what I was doing when it crashed. Once I lost an SMS. Last week, after a crashboot, an appointment reverted to a previous version with a later starting time, resulting in me trusting the phone and missing the appointment.
This has NEVER happened to me in Android, even with very crash phone phones (let me just say Acer Liquid).

Anyone can witness on this?
I am beginning to not trust this phone anymore...

remmo

Mar 2, 2013
Visit site
I was considering getting this phone to replace my beloved lumia 925. But seeing all the bugs reported here, I think I will wait for the... Lumia 935??

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Just went from a L925 to the L930, as dated as the hardware on the L925 (and L920 for that matter) seems, the fact it lacks Glance and the camera is just as good for home use, I'd recommend waiting on the L935.
Way too many issues on the L930, not worth the hassle.

Also, does anyone else notice a way too red hue on games with high yellow content onscreen? Angry Birds Epic and Age of Empires Castle Siege look awfully red in the L930 display, makes my eyes bleed.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend waiting on the L935.

The problem is that the chances of a 935 are very remote. At MWC you'll be getting re-purposed Nokia X phones as cheap Lumias. But yeah, if you have a 92x, skip the 930. It's not at all worth the headaches it gives.

Also, does anyone else notice a way too red hue on games with high yellow content onscreen? Angry Birds Epic and Age of Empires Castle Siege look awfully red in the L930 display, makes my eyes bleed.

Red? Nop. There's the purple tint problem but that has been minimized now. Have you checked the colour profile?

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Red? Nop. There's the purple tint problem but that has been minimized now. Have you checked the colour profile?

Yep, checked my colors profile and they're fine, it's only noticeable in some games (not all of them, to be honest).
I'll upload some pictures later when I get home.

Also, for the purple tint, mine doesn't have it permanently on (like the early L930 did), but there's a noticeable purple/red OR green tint when the auto-brightness is on, is this "normal" (as in, expected) or is my display faulty?

Another thing, my touch screen doesn't seem to be as responsive as the L925, by a fair bit. Double-tap to wake up is much faster on the L925 and often the Notifications Center just won't come down if I swipe too fast (something that doesn't happen in the L925).
These are issues I can live with, as long as they're expected. If it's a faulty touch screen I'll try the warranty.

Thanks in advance!

wphashan

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Also, for the purple tint, mine doesn't have it permanently on (like the early L930 did), but there's a noticeable purple/red OR green tint when the auto-brightness is on, is this "normal" (as in, expected) or is my display faulty?

Another thing, my touch screen doesn't seem to be as responsive as the L925, by a fair bit. Double-tap to wake up is much faster on the L925 and often the Notifications Center just won't come down if I swipe too fast (something that doesn't happen in the L925).
These are issues I can live with, as long as they're expected. If it's a faulty touch screen I'll try the warranty.

Thanks in advance!

Everything is similar to what I've experienced with my 930

BU2B2

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed that the bottom third of my phone screen has a yellow tinge and looks a little duller than the top third on white. Colours even look a little duller on the bottom third. It's kind of annoying.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Thanks in advance!

Yes, I've experienced all those problems with the 930 when compared with my 1020 and 920. The purple tint is still present when you put the phone on low or automatic if the "automatic" dims the screen. Apparently the Note 4 also has a similar problem so this may be a problem with AMOLED screens more than with the 930 itself.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Two friends that sit close to me here at work both have Note 4's and have no screen color issues. I also have a S4 (also AMOLED) and no color issues.

Fred

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
On my 930 I noticed the following issues so far:
- overheating
- screen flickering(visible on white backgrounds) on slow (2G-EDGE) connecitions
- Search hardware button not lighting up sometimes, but still working when pressed. The other two buttons (back and home) are illuminated. It doesnt matter whether I'm on battery saver or not.

Pl4ub

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Why I have this feeling that Nokia did and now M$ do buy only bad Amoled patches from Samsung, bad patches that otherwise would go to recycling.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720