Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

boxa72

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
On my 930 I noticed the following issues so far:
- overheating
- screen flickering(visible on white backgrounds) on slow (2G-EDGE) connecitions
- Search hardware button not lighting up sometimes, but still working when pressed. The other two buttons (back and home) are illuminated. It doesnt matter whether I'm on battery saver or not.

Yeah I get the overheating thing and sometimes when I'm not doing anything that's very taxing on the chipset!

Laion

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had my L930 for a month now. This morning I noticed that the back cover is loose in one corner of the phone. I think that a flagship phone should have flagship quality, but no. Otherwise I'm very satisfied with the phone.

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
I have a really annoying problem but I can't find anyone on this forum with the same problem. Since some time, when I listen music over Bluetooth from my L930, I hear cracking sound in the music, as if it is low quality. But I use the highest form of music files (tested every file) and I connect my phone to a Lumia Pro which has premium sound quality. I know it is the phone because the first days it didn't do it, so I thought it had to do with firmware or something.

So what I've tried, is even flash my phone to a ROM which can receive Denim, and updated to Denim and so the latest firmware. It didn't even fix it!

What I noticed, is that with the firmware it came with, the problem doesn't exist. That is version;

I'm no going to update trough OTA to version 02061.00066.14353.31002 do a full reset and then look if the problem still exists. Hope it'll work!

l1520orAFK

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I had a screen lift/double tap to wake problem with but was promptly repaired my local care point. Entire display unit was replaced. Good service!

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
DenniSundaY.
Did you try another headset?
Does it happen always.
Does it happen in house and out house.
How fare is the distance between the phone and the headset.

You changed a lot to your phone but it may be the headset or environment (Bluetooth signal gets disturbed due to ....

DenniSundaY

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
DenniSundaY.
Did you try another headset?
Does it happen always.
Does it happen in house and out house.
How fare is the distance between the phone and the headset.

You changed a lot to your phone but it may be the headset or environment (Bluetooth signal gets disturbed due to ....

The distance is normal, even next between it it does it. It happens always.
The headset itself isn't the problem but I didn't tried another Bluetooth headset (because I don't have another headset. I did try my surround sound set with Bluetooth and there it is also noticeable. I will test it again tonight). Also tried turning wifi on and of on my phone. But I didn't tried in an environment with less disturbance so I could try that too (although I really think it is the phones hardware or something).

What I've noticed is that it is sort of inside the music, it only happens at some frequencies in music, so it is not like static noise or something. So if you listen to a part of music twice, the noise is the same. That's why I think it isn't disturbance.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have Denim yet but it will be interesting to see as I have both them phones

I've played GTA and Dungeon Hunter 4 on my 930 and the phone doesn't heat too much, was expecting much worse because I saw a lot of people complain that the 930 was a hot potato, still I think the 925 is worst.

makov

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Does Denim update resolve the battery drain problem i am really worried about my fone
can anyone tell me about the solution of battery drain?
sorry for bad english

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for taking so long, been really busy with Christmas and work.
Here are the pictures I mentioned I'd take, uploaded them to imgur since I belive most people know it and trust the url.

EDIT: it won't let me post a link to the album, so if someone with more than 10 posts could PM me, I'll send the link so you can post it for me, please?
*All pictures were taken at high brightness on both devices, except when stated otherwise.

As you can see in this comparison, the L925 display is clearly outclassing the L930 display, despite the much higher resolution.
Also, it's not a rendering problem since the screenshots taken within Windows Phone are perfect matches (as far as their resolutions go).

Something that couldn't be noticed from the digi cams was the sharper Angry Birds Epic on the L925, but since it wasn't easy to notice the "blurry" image on the L930, I left the pictures off the album.

The Mahjong screenshots might be because the L930 uses a different aspect ratio (16:9) than the "older" phones like the L925 (15:9) and it makes sense to adapt most things to the 15:9 aspect ratio, sinced all Lumias x20 and x25 use this. And I belive they're much more spread than the newer models with 16:9.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Something that couldn't be noticed from the digi cams was the sharper Angry Birds Epic on the L925, but since it wasn't easy to notice the "blurry" image on the L930, I left the pictures off the album.

The Mahjong screenshots might be because the L930 uses a different aspect ratio (16:9) than the "older" phones like the L925 (15:9) and it makes sense to adapt most things to the 15:9 aspect ratio, sinced all Lumias x20 and x25 use this. And I belive they're much more spread than the newer models with 16:9.

The sharpness of games and apps are because they're not optimized for 5" and 1080p. Asphald 7, for example, has the letters all completely messed up on the 930.

Rob Rowland

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Had the issue like a few others where the second microphone wouldn't pick up my voice unless I yelled at it. Apps like cortana, speakerphone, and speech to text were almost impossible to use. The fix? Denim update :)

Raulito721

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I got a Lumia 930, first time using it and I like it but its been often that I am trying to type a txt message, whatsapp or FB messenger and at some point I can't type anymore or backspace. IT s very annoying. HELP!!!!!!

jeanetc

Dec 30, 2014
Visit site
On my 930 the screen no longer lights up when I receive texts, emails or facebook messages. I haven't changed my settings, I've checked them all. I do get the notification sound. If I then click on the power button quickly enough to activate my screen, then the banner with the notification is there. No idea why my screen has stopped lighting up. It's also really annoying during a call, the screen won't come back on when you move the phone away from your ear.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I've tried a soft reset (holding down the power and volume down buttons) but to no avail. I don't want to do a hard reset if it can be avoided, because I'd have to reinstall all my apps, enter all the passwords again etc.

Balkana

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone have problems with battery. I just removed phone from the charger and it says that I have only 78%.

I saw that several other users reported same problem on one tech forum in Croatia.

ArjanNL

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Anybody else has a poor quality of the front camera? With purple hue and flares. Rear camera only got it in dark areas, but the front camera almost all the time, except for outside pictures with bright light

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99