Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
On my 930 the screen no longer lights up when I receive texts, emails or facebook messages. I haven't changed my settings, I've checked them all. I do get the notification sound. If I then click on the power button quickly enough to activate my screen, then the banner with the notification is there. No idea why my screen has stopped lighting up. It's also really annoying during a call, the screen won't come back on when you move the phone away from your ear.
Does anyone else have this problem?
I've tried a soft reset (holding down the power and volume down buttons) but to no avail. I don't want to do a hard reset if it can be avoided, because I'd have to reinstall all my apps, enter all the passwords again etc.

Your screen is lifted. Look around the edges of the screen to verify if it's lifted, most people have it in the upper right corner, you should be able to push it in and it will pop back up by itself.

I had the same problem, if you press down on your screen it should be able to light up when you get a notification (make sure not to put your finger over the proximity sensor). Same with making a call, if you move the phone away from your ear and press down on the screen it should light up again.

To get this fixed I brought my device to my carrier, they sent it away for repairs. It took about two weeks and basically what they did is reattach the screen with new glue (or whatever they use). I know it sucks to have to send away your phone for repairs but it's the only solution. :(

They will also hard reset your phone as a standard procedure even though there's no software problem... Quite annoying...

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I have noticed a strange issue with the camera on my Lumia 930.
When shooting a bright background (like the sky), i have some sort of a 'smudge' mark that appears in all the photos.
I can see it also on the screen before taking the shot, like the lens is dirty or smth, but i can assure you i cleaned it thoroughly.
WP_20150107_16_16_06_Pro.jpg

ever heard of this issue before? what should I do ?

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a strange issue with the camera on my Lumia 930.
When shooting a bright background (like the sky), i have some sort of a 'smudge' mark that appears in all the photos.
I can see it also on the screen before taking the shot, like the lens is dirty or smth, but i can assure you i cleaned it thoroughly.
View attachment 93189

ever heard of this issue before? what should I do ?

I'm 95% sure there's something inside the lens (like dust etc...) which is causing this issue. You can't really do anything about that besides sending it away for repairs or get it replaced if your carrier still allows that...

wizake

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I opened the back and blowed some air, but the dust is still there :(.
​Its not on the housing, because i could still see it with the back cover off. Must be inside the lens assembly :(

FelipeVenhorst

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

Just got my L930 yesterday, after all the updates the automatic brightness stop working, it disables every time, getting back to manual setting, righ now using LOW.

Runing on Preview for Developers updates, never get any issue with my L920.

Did not used very much, need to get a nano sim card, and I must travel to another city since they don?t have it here lol, so just used a little bit.

Are the L930 power, volume and camera buttons this soft ? feels like they are going to break if pressed hard.

vrajeevranjan

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
1.I have noticed screen flickering issue in my 2 month old nokia lumia 930 when running on 2g/edge data connection. Is there any remedy for this?
2.From last couple of days battery charging is not done 100%, it stops after charging 85%.

Any advice please?

Erik Sa

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
Is anyone else bothered by a noise in video recordings when the camera is focusing? On my lumia 930 it's very annoying. I was wondering if this is a fault with my phone, or if it's like this for everyone. I am running Denim btw.

Edit: I would post a video if I could, but this is my first post. If you need to see/hear it you can search for "Lumia 930 focus noise" on Youtube.

Last edited:

FelipeVenhorst

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This power button is like that ? the c?mera button is more firm and a little more, I don?t know the words to explain, sorry fo the english.
Its very difficult to use the power button like that, and if I get a case will be even more.

WP_20150113_22_25_39_Pro.jpg
WP_20150113_22_24_54_Pro.jpg

Suggestions ?

FelipeVenhorst

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
You mean that camera button is "higher" then other two (power+volume ) ?

It is normal, i had this on L920 too.

The opposite, the power and volume are very low , my 920 all the buttons where aligned and very easy to use, this is almost inside the body, I almost have to use the tip of my fingers to press the power button.

I having some difficulties to find a L930 in stores to look if the buttons are all like this.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You mean that camera button is "higher" then other two (power+volume ) ?

It is normal, i had this on L920 too.

It's not. My 920 has the buttons all at the same level and so does my 930. The buttons on the 930 are more sunk than the ones on the 920, yes, however, it's not normal the discrepancy he has on his phone.

FelipeVenhorst

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It's not. My 920 has the buttons all at the same level and so does my 930. The buttons on the 930 are more sunk than the ones on the 920, yes, however, it's not normal the discrepancy he has on his phone.

Thats the problem to buy online, the price was much better, 713$ store, 573$ online, but now I have to send it to repair and thats never a good idea here in brazil, the last time I had a problem it was not solved, the product was damaged during repair and I had to open a lawsuit against the company, which took 4 years to get my Money back.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thats the problem to buy online, the price was much better, 713$ store, 573$ online, but now I have to send it to repair and thats never a good idea here in brazil, the last time I had a problem it was not solved, the product was damaged during repair and I had to open a lawsuit against the company, which took 4 years to get my Money back.

That's one of the few good things of the European Union. We can safely buy online from other European countries that the warranties are valid for all the Union. ;)

ibats

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, need your help or just support as looks like I get phone with hardware problem
As you can see on video in a lowlight conditions I have a lot of purple noise near the corners of the video.

PS on Denim too

vestasan

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello! I just bought 930 gor my GF. I use 1520. The phone is excellent, BUT. We had to exchange the first one - it was getting really hot and using 2g + edge display was flickering - especially with white background, when surfing web. So, we got a new phone - battery is fine, it's not hot, camera is fine. But there is again a problem with display flickering - sometimes when there is an incoming call. Besides, sometimes there is a problem with call quality - sometimes there is a certain background noise, as if the phone is close to radio or something. Do you think we should again change the phone? Is it hardware issue or it might be corrected with software updates? Thanks

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
The screen of my 930 started lifting in the left upper corner....shame on you Nokia :(
Hope I get it back before the release of windows 10.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The screen of my 930 started lifting in the left upper corner....shame on you Nokia :(
Hope I get it back before the release of windows 10.

I just left mine at the Care Centre for the exact same problem. HOWEVER, you should say "shame on you, Microsoft Mobile". The 930 has already been manufactured under Microsoft Mobile's watch (if you remove your sim card and pull out the little tray where the IMEI is written, you'll see Microsoft Mobile written there). So it's Microsoft's Mobile poor poor poor quality control.

After I found out this, I started to understand why the 930 has SO. MANY. PROBLEMS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05