Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Michess28

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Have no idea who invented the tapping with 2 fingers to enlarge screen, cope with that.
Have the same problem mentioned above, volume setting is not working after some time of having headphones connected. I can change it from 0 to 30 but the volume level is still the same. Only restart helps, but then its over and over again no matter what type of headphones are connected.

Firdaus Edymainoe

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Have no idea who invented the tapping with 2 fingers to enlarge screen, cope with that.
Have the same problem mentioned above, volume setting is not working after some time of having headphones connected. I can change it from 0 to 30 but the volume level is still the same. Only restart helps, but then its over and over again no matter what type of headphones are connected.
You can actually turn off the two-fingers tap to zoom feature. Go to settings/ease of access.

RowdoggNZ

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
Since installing the Denim update i've been getting highly irritating audio stutter when playing music to my bluetooth head unit in my car. I've had my 930 for ~3 months and not had any issues with the bluetooth audio. I've used it on a daily basis almost and never experienced the stutter i'm getting now since the Denim update, yet I fail to read any other reports of this happening?

Anyone got any ideas? So far i've tried

• Turning off Driving Mode
  • Unpairing and re-pairing the phone from both the phone and head unit in my car.
  • Unchecking "Use an alternative Bluetooth audio connection for speech"

OS Ver: 8.10.14226.359

Kordreng

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
When I enter the Photo gallery on the phone and doubletap on the Photo itself, sometimes it effects the screen resolution. It looks like that it has changed from 1080p to much less. All tiles become larger. Have you explored this on your Lumia 930?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi,
When I enter the Photo gallery on the phone and doubletap on the Photo itself, sometimes it effects the screen resolution. It looks like that it has changed from 1080p to much less. All tiles become larger. Have you explored this on your Lumia 930?

It's not 930 related you probably have the screen magnifier enabled.
Go to settings > ease of access > and set "screen magnifier" to OFF

Laurentiu Bogdan

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Before jumping into the issue, I must say that I am on the second Lumia (925 and now 930).
Unfortunately none of the two models have not stood the test of perspiration. I do a lot of sport, and because I like to use my phone to monitor the activity, I take the phone with me no matter what sport do (running, mtb, trail run, etc.).
Both phones have been damaged due to moisture. Namely, volume button (- button) remains "pressed" and because of that, the phone works strange:)
:cry:
PS: Every time doing sports, I am trying to keep the phone away from moisture, but unfortunately I sweat a lot.

If you could solve this in the future, will be nice. :love:

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Before jumping into the issue, I must say that I am on the second Lumia (925 and now 930).
Unfortunately none of the two models have not stood the test of perspiration. I do a lot of sport, and because I like to use my phone to monitor the activity, I take the phone with me no matter what sport do (running, mtb, trail run, etc.).
Both phones have been damaged due to moisture. Namely, volume button (- button) remains "pressed" and because of that, the phone works strange:)
:cry:
PS: Every time doing sports, I am trying to keep the phone away from moisture, but unfortunately I sweat a lot.

If you could solve this in the future, will be nice. :love:

No Lumia is prepared for sweat or any sort of liquid. The only thing you can do is try to get a waterproof case though it will make any of the phones - but specially the 930 - a behemoth to carry.

In this case, there's little more you can do. If you want a phone to keep up with your sports, you'll need a waterproof phone, and those you can only get on Android. Sony's Xperia line are excellent for that, with the Z3 line sporting IP65 and IP68 certification.

Estefferson lincoln

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a scrolling problem with my 930. I can't even use the Swype keyboard without lag. What can it be? I already disabled the high sensibility and double tap reanimation.

zkyevolved

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have a scrolling problem with my 930. I can't even use the Swype keyboard without lag. What can it be? I already disabled the high sensibility and double tap reanimation.

You shouldn't have that problem... Restart your phone... A lot of people seem to forget that their phones are indeed computers. Give it a restart and see what happens.

E50

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
What is the best way to check if the phone has that screen blinking defect? I would like to check it out before buying.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What is the best way to check if the phone has that screen blinking defect? I would like to check it out before buying.

The most obvious place you can test it in is by opening an IE page and scroll through it. Which may not be that easy if the phone isn't connected to the internet (and phones on stores here, at least, never are).

Kevin Garcia3

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I got my 930 a week ago, the 3 bugs i have noticed, are:
1. phone gets really warm, with barely any sort of use, whether its texting, surfing the web, opening an app.
2. phone starts to flicker. as in a black image takes over entire screen very quickly in a nano second and then disappears (flicker). and does this about 2 to 3 times in a row. today 2/22/2015 it has done it 4 times, twice each time. and day prior once, which was the very first day it did it.
3. The battery life is consumed very quickly. I can have phone disconnected at 100% and in 2 minutes already at 99%. Not even my 521 did this (phone before 930)

so please if anyone knows how to fix these things, please let me know, would be very grateful, as i do really enjoy the device, and wouldnt want to return the phone.

Mahdi Ghiasi

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
3. The battery life is consumed very quickly. I can have phone disconnected at 100% and in 2 minutes already at 99%. Not even my 521 did this (phone before 930)

My new 930 does this too, for the first 10%. when it comes below 90%, the discharge rate becomes normal. I'm wondering if this will fix automatically with charge-discharge cycles or not.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a question about the design of the phone to figure out if I have a defective unit. The volume and power button is really flush with the metal frame. They extend 0.5 mm, may be less. So it's a little hard to press them. camera button is like 1 mm. I have the black version. Is this normal?

Vlada Nehez

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a question about the design of the phone to figure out if I have a defective unit. The volume and power button is really flush with the metal frame. They extend 0.5 mm, may be less. So it's a little hard to press them. camera button is like 1 mm. I have the black version. Is this normal?

Nope. Mine are completely normal.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site

That's normal. The shutter button has more play to allow for focusing with half press. I have the black one too. The other 2 keys are more flush and harder to press but nothing awkward or anything like that. Not sure if that helps.

obakir

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site
That's normal. The shutter button has more play to allow for focusing with half press. I have the black one too. The other 2 keys are more flush and harder to press but nothing awkward or anything like that. Not sure if that helps.

depends on how you use them, if I'm holding the phone with my left I reach them with my index finger and they work fine. but if I hold with my right hand with my thumb almost like with my nail then it gets flimsy, and I have to search for the sweet spot for the buttons. I'm right handed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte