Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

rimvydukas

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Just bought new lumia 930. It is nice phone and I like it but it seems I'm going to return it because of:

1. Heat issues
2. Screen flickering when on edge
3. Click noise from front speaker when I'm trying to call someone. The same click is heard when I try to turn on/off loudspeaker when in call mode.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My current issues which I believe is due to the software. First, speech or Cortana. It doesn't listen to my voice at all. ... Most of this issues happens after the GDR1 update. Seems like I'll have to format it, huh. There goes my game data.

Had the issue like a few others where the second microphone wouldn't pick up my voice unless I yelled at it. Apps like cortana, speakerphone, and speech to text were almost impossible to use. The fix? Denim update :)

So I'm having microphone problems as well. I actually used the Windows Insider app to get Update 2, so maybe I should roll back to 8.1. Anyway, just about every day the voice input will just stop working for Cortana, Messages, OneNote, etc. Nor can I record video. I've tried turning off/on and soft resetting; things go back to working for a little while but then it will just stop at some point. What usually tips me off is that I'll launch Cortana via a long-press on the old Search button and it will not give me the usual beep-boop sound. It just launches silently; and I know I'm in trouble. It is really frustrating, especially since Hey Cortana will still work. So I'll say Hey Cortana, and she wakes up just to stare dumbly at me.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
is anyone else still facing purple tint issues? my screen looks horrible on very low brightness; Denim didn't fix it and sliding the bar to Green on Color Profile makes it look even worse. I also noticed some occasional flickering, especially during and after some web browsing. I thought they already had addressed this problem... :straight:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yikes, I was aware of the 930's issues but thought most of those kinks had been ironed out by now. Starting to second-guess my decision to recommend a gold 930 for my mother, who ordered it yesterday. Really hope I don't run into any of these issues. Sorry you all are having them.

Deni Harej

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Anyone has this problem on Nokia Lumia 930 ? Need Help pls :)

watch?v=fJob83IOS0Q

Send my phone to repair, they said that is a problem with a touch screen, and for fix that they need to replace the screen. For them this is my fault , and i cannot claim my warranty. if i agree it will cost me around 200€. This is driving me crazy.

Last edited:

bo_woods

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
All of the sudden a green appeared on my screen. Right on the lower right side next to the camera button. Never had an issue with my 930 so far but this is really bad...in dark scenes u can't really notice it but with white screen backgrounds there's just no way of not stare at it! What to do? Send it to repair?

That's most likely screen burn ... i'm seeing these more and more around the web with icons and 930's. ..they are occuring mostly to people who have let their 930 overheat, and I think it may have something to do with the screen being amoled too..
Just my 2 cents. ..I'm sure there is more to it than this though

realsweden

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I have, what I think is an issue with GPS on my 930... It takes ages to pickup signal when I don't have a data connection on.

On my previous 800, it was almost instantaneous. I would turn Nokia Drive on, and I would get a signal before putting it in the gps stand.

With 930 it takes me more than 5 minutes to pickup gps signal, even on open field with little or no clouds whatsoever....

Anyone experienced this?

uniquesma

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
hi, my lumia 930 is not opening after my battery got drained. I have installed Technical preview 10. 10149. I have tried pressing all buttons combined as well as single button. nothing is working.
windows recovery tool is not detecting my phone as phone is in switched off condition.

charged on wall charger for 4hrs. still in off condition. no buttons n reset working. recovery tool not recognizing device.

someone pls help

Nikitt0

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Sold my HTC one M8 and Bought a 930 over US$370.00 now after 1 week of use, I found that there is no voice navigation in my country to top that recording video in portrait mode results in no sound at all unless it is in landscape mode, whatsapp voice notes nobody can hear mines, on OneNote or other third party note applications I cannot record voice notes phone simply cannot detect any sound, on a call once on speaker the other person cannot hear me, also the top left corner of screen is "lifted" the from metal frame If use my finger tip to slightly push I can see the screen literly move up and down I am so disappointed at this OS and built quality of Nokia once the best now is going down the toilet, I will try to sell this krp phone unfortunately here nobody likes this OS so I am screwed and left with a faulty phone, shame on you MS and Nokia...so pissed off:angry:....so there you go more defects or bugs to report!

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean no voice navigation in your country? HERE Drive + is standard on all Lumias isn't it?
Recording video in portrait mode gives no sound? Whatsapp voice notes not audible? Device has a bad attached screen? All sounds as warranty case to me.

Just send in the device for repair and don't blame the OS.

martinwtaylor

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I've really enjoyed my Lumia 930 and it's now performing very well with Windows 10 Mobile 10166 technical preview, which is looking close to the release version (there are still a few bugs).

Just in the last week I've started to notice that my photos and videos are shaky. It's like the OIS isn't working any more. Is this a known problem and is there any setting or check I can do?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos