Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

Florin Musetoiu

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
2 things that i`ve noticed to my 930 but i`ve fixed them.

1. When i removed the back cover to have a look inside i pushed a little pin (it`s on the cover not on the phone )around the camera`s location by mistake and when i installed back the cover this little pin was pushing against the camera, when ever i tried to use the camera after this everything wast blurry, camera was shaking and it was making strange noises. After i fixed the little pin not to push on the camera everything was back to normal. I`ve seen users with this issue on the net about shaking camera, maybe the back cover is pressing against their cameras also and they get this issue.

2. Purple tint, only visible in Automatic brightness mode. I went to Display settings and changed to color from Standard to Custom without modifying any parameters, the default ones are looking just like Standard. Now the purple tint is gone.

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
I just upgrade my Nokia Lumia 930 for Windows 10 for the second time. but after receive couple of call my touch sreen stops reponding. need to reboot device to get the sccreen to activate. agains the same happens after coupls of calls.. the same happen in my previous widows 10 upgrade.. then i roll back to 8.1... :( :( is there any solution for this ......

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I just upgrade my Nokia Lumia 930 for Windows 10 for the second time. but after receive couple of call my touch sreen stops reponding. need to reboot device to get the sccreen to activate. agains the same happens after coupls of calls.. the same happen in my previous widows 10 upgrade.. then i roll back to 8.1... :( :( is there any solution for this ......
You're running an OS in beta stage, so this sort of behavior is to be expected. The solution is to remain on Windows Phone 8.1 until Windows 10 Mobile has a final release.

Guido Scocozza

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
I am having the purplescreen and other screen problems. The brightness of the screen on max is still quite dim and the colors of both the tiles and other things is quite inaccurate. Also when using things like google where the is a white background and black text, the text becomes extremely dim until the point in which it is unreadable or it is even impossible to see. I am trying to determine whether this is a software or hardware issue. I flashed different WP versions but nothing changed. I imagine that the problem is that the OLED screen is dead. I just wanted to ask you guys what you think before going around and spending 100 bucks on a replacement just to find out that the screen was not the problem.

Thank you in advance.

Sergio Vieira

Aug 25, 2015
Visit site
Is there any way to disable the search button on Lumia 930?
My Lumia 930, for a few days now is crazy and it seems that it has gained proper life and will!
I already did a hard reset and yesterday it seemed to be ok but today went crazy again.
Basically, it looks like the Search button is "sticked/glued" and the phone is permanentely activating its functions, that is, bing search, voice commands and after the voice commands it even makes phone calls and opens apps!
Help me, please! This is desperating!
Thank you!

vodda

Jun 29, 2015
Visit site
Guys, I am in progress of buying a used 930. But I saw lots of black ones that have edges pretty worn even thou users said they handled with care. It is suppose to be a matter to color as metal is silver and black is just colored on it, am I right?

What about white ones, how is the wear on those?

Plantje

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a white one. The sides look nice and clean. Even though it has bumped on the pavement with the screen down. There is only one small scratch on the screen that is hardly to be seen.
My girlfriend has an orange one. Hers is showing a lot more wear! Goes in her bag and she is not as cautious with it.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Guys, I am in progress of buying a used 930. But I saw lots of black ones that have edges pretty worn even thou users said they handled with care. It is suppose to be a matter to color as metal is silver and black is just colored on it, am I right?

What about white ones, how is the wear on those?

I own black one, sides are as good as new. Anyone claiming his chipped black 930 was handled with care has a different definition of care.

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Make sure the screen hasn't lifted, double tap to wake works, speaker and call quality are fine. The polycarbonate back hasn't melted in the bottom right (as you look at the screen). Apart from that, it will be fine. Might be worth waiting till the 950 comes out as im sure there will be a lot of good used 930 examples available.

ange1Guardian

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia Icon and have this issue on the screen, are like weird lines that are more visible on gray colors and on the camera when its moving they appears too like pink/purple color, also the black colors background is like a red tint black not pure black. I downgrade to Windows 8.0 BlackWP8.1 Denim but on both have the same issue, Someone knows if its the screen(hardware) or the software?wp_ss_20151028_0001.jpg

Last edited:

bells0

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Ok, have the mic not working for handsfree like others. Just noticed another recently - no ringtone or notifications sounds!!

Did a soft reset a couple of days ago and they came back. Not working again today.

As much as i hate the iphone for it silly cost and dull OS, at least my old 5 worked day in day out. This just seems hit and miss at the mo, and making me think twice on getting the 950xl. Even more so when i see the 930 only gets about ?85 second hand.................

Seb_Rattansen

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a Lumia 930 after being an iPhone user for 5 years (I had a Nokia before that ;). The phone is cool and I like Windows overall, but unfortunately my phone has a defect and some bugs.

1) The screen goes black when I make a call. After some googling I found the solution - press down on the top right of the screen to make the proximity sensor work properly. Obviously this is a game breaker for me and I'll be sending the phone back for a replacement.

2) Saying "Hey Cortana" doesn't wake the phone up from sleep.

3) Double tap to wake up the phone works sometimes and doesn't work other times.

Other than that, the phone is good. I'll be sending it back in a few days and hopefully the new version fixes the above problems.

Chomiq

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a Lumia 930 after being an iPhone user for 5 years (I had a Nokia before that ;). The phone is cool and I like Windows overall, but unfortunately my phone has a defect and some bugs.

1) The screen goes black when I make a call. After some googling I found the solution - press down on the top right of the screen to make the proximity sensor work properly. Obviously this is a game breaker for me and I'll be sending the phone back for a replacement.

2) Saying "Hey Cortana" doesn't wake the phone up from sleep.

3) Double tap to wake up the phone works sometimes and doesn't work other times.

Other than that, the phone is good. I'll be sending it back in a few days and hopefully the new version fixes the above problems.

#1 and #3 are related to the same issue, screen lift on the right side. Be sure to describe it correctly and focus on screen assembly issues. Basically screen is glued to the aluminum frame with double sided tape. Both issues are a result of adhesive failing on the right side of the screen, which causes it to lift and fool proximity sensor. Otherwise they'll try to claim it's a software issue and send you off with hardware reset. #2 depends on your region, if you can enable Cortana it should work. In my region Cortana isn't available. Although if you have Cortana enabled it might as well be connected with screen lift as it preventing "in pocket" activation.

Seb_Rattansen

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply. I'm returning the phone tomorrow. Hopefully #2 has no problems!

BTW with "Hey Cortana" it does work once activated - almost perfectly - it's just trying to activate it in the first place that's a bit dodgy.

P1ng0fDeath

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I have a Lumia Icon and have this issue on the screen, are like weird lines that are more visible on gray colors and on the camera the appears like pink/purple color, also the black colors background is like a red tint black not pure black. I downgrade to Windows 8.0 BlackWP8.1 Denim but on both have the same issue, Someone knows if its the screen(hardware) or the software?

it's a common issue with 930s (and Icons too maybe). Most people say it's software issue. If it is, it's kind of annoying that they're taking so long to address it, because It's been a long time since these phones were released... W10M didn't "fix" it for me. I hope that it is indeed a software issue and that a future build fix it.

Cezar-Andrei Pufu

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Any fix for the second mic yet? It`s weird. In Windows 8.1 it works to record videos but it won`t work to use on loudspeaker and when upgrading to Win 10 it stops working on video recording too. Seems to be a software problem rather than hardware.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss