Nokia Lumia 930 Bugs and Defects

locodice

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Windows 10 issuses and bugs

1)A lot of times (70%) when leave home or work and come back i cant reconnect to my wifi in both places
2)The same as above but with the 3G-4G connect where i cant activate the data
3)Lately i get every hour or soo notifications about cellular data near to run out in reality 400MB/2 GB.
4)Wierd sound some times when i lock phone not the lock sound.
5)On metrotube app some times animations flicker a lot
6)Some times on incoming calls in gray spaces i see flickering

idloco

Aug 20, 2009
Visit site
I think I got a lemon with my 930. After a year this is the state of my 930

1. 2 mic doesn't work (known issue all around)
2. NFC and Wireless charging stopped working.
3. The power button is getting difficult to activate.
4. The phone always thinks that it?s pressed against my head, when making calls or listening to whatsapp audios.
5. The screen has a greenish tint, I have tried adjusting the color balance, but doesn't help much.
6. The battery doesn't last until 1 pm.

I decided to change it for a 640, while the 950 gets sorted out or a new phone comes along.

tquang

Feb 10, 2016
Visit site
I have a Lumia Icon and have this issue on the screen, are like weird lines that are more visible on gray colors and on the camera when its moving they appears too like pink/purple color, also the black colors background is like a red tint black not pure black. I downgrade to Windows 8.0 BlackWP8.1 Denim but on both have the same issue, Someone knows if its the screen(hardware) or the software?View attachment 115389
Hallo Sir, could you please give me a link where I can download the rom 8.0?

#1 and #3 are related to the same issue, screen lift on the right side. Be sure to describe it correctly and focus on screen assembly issues. Basically screen is glued to the aluminum frame with double sided tape. Both issues are a result of adhesive failing on the right side of the screen, which causes it to lift and fool proximity sensor. Otherwise they'll try to claim it's a software issue and send you off with hardware reset. #2 depends on your region, if you can enable Cortana it should work. In my region Cortana isn't available. Although if you have Cortana enabled it might as well be connected with screen lift as it preventing "in pocket" activation.
If the issue is assembly hardware, they will not fix. And for me, so sad!

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
[Final] end of all 930 conspiracy theory...i've done in practical,lost couple of money..

i'm from india.I love nokia, when my friend was going to visit Hongkong i requested him to bring Nokia Lumia 930(special edition) which he did :)

it was fine on win 8.1 but when i installed win 10 then i found like many L930 users out of 4 some mic's was not working..

Q) when was mic broken ?
A) we got L930 with Win8.1 pre installed...we got an update Denim well i'm sure this update messed mic.

Q) what are the infamous problem L930 users are facing regarding mic ?
A) 1) if use speaker while on call other end can't hear our voice,voice recorder can't record any voice,whats app audio recorder can't record voice to send.
2) can't hear any voice in recorded video while playback...i mean video recording have no voice.

Q) is it software problem or Hardware problem?
A) it is hardware problem live with it....it's not software.

Q) but i heard sound while recording on win 8.1 with Lumia camera? it's all win 10 inbuilt camera fault?
A) yes, we have sound on win 8.1/win 10 with lumia camera because lumia camera use different array of mic in different scenario...for eg: we dont get sound when we record video in portrait mode..etc

Q) How many mic's are there? where are they situated? which one is crused?
A) Four mics, out of which two are soldered on board, one behind earpiece another one back top most...other two are flex cable mic one front bottom another one back bottom.....well it depends and hard to find....many says it's on board mic,some says its back two, some says only two.

Q) whats in you're case?
A) well in my case...it's bit complicated...here is my experience...i ordered two orginal on board mic...i changed them when i'm on win 10...after changing i got sound but only mono...i mean while video playback,plug in headset then i can hear only on right ear plug where as left one is complete mute.

Q) I've very low sound recording from some mic?
A) whatever it's still broken.

Q) How to test which mic is broken?
A) Well many suggesting to use Lumia test application 6.0.9....in my case it failed,how? well before repair it said 3 & 4 are broken after repair it still says 3 & 4 are broken. for some people it showed all mic are working fine...this take me to next question.

Q) Does changing mic solve problem permanently?
A) No, it just solve temporarily.

Q) How you know it doesn't solve permanently?
A) well 2days back i installed win 8.1 using windows recovery tool...i checked video recording and playback...it had no sound :(...then i installed denim otp update i guess i got sound then i installed win 10 lost sound came to initial state...

Q) what i suggest?
A) If possible Change whole motherboard dont change faulty mic..
If possible just throw it or sell it...doesn't worth time.
less on budget or want to replace only mic....fine replace it on win 10...never ever go back to win 8.1.

Q) What i think?
A) Denim changed how mic's are used to record video in return many handsets caused some circuit fault which enable in failure of mic.
Microsoft doesn't want to take responsibility...so we left with unreliable A**H*** company....i hope i bought Apple..i just blinded by
fanism...my first smartphone was S3 never got a single problem from past 4yrs.
sad part i have warranty but in HongKong which is not valid in India :( i'm very low on budget so i will use this piece of useless sh** untill
2017 nov then i will buy iphone 7s/8...or i will wait for 4/5 months of flagship Lumia release before buying..

i just want effected users to make something viral so that microsoft fall on their knees,listen to us,acknowledge us, solve our problem same li apple step up to solve their customers problem..

Thank you.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Final] end of all 930 conspiracy theory...i've done in practical,lost couple of money..

i'm very low on budget so i will use this piece of useless sh** untill
2017 nov then i will buy iphone 7s/8...or i will wait for 4/5 months of flagship Lumia release before buying..
You are contradicting yourself here.
You say you are 'very low on budget' but will buy an 'iphone 7s/8' or wait for a 'flagship of Lumia'.
The Lumia 930 is hardly a piece of ****, just because of a mic issue.
If you are that dissatisfied, why don't you sell it and pick up another phone?

I'm not sure posts like yours will make Microsoft 'fall on their knees'.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Before posting such a detailed summary of your problem you should have researched. The mono video recording problem was a WM10 issue. Microsoft fixed it in the camera update a couple of days ago. Besides, there are a ton of posts that mention the "microphone issue with the 930"and how WM10 broke it. It could also be a "lemon" and you know what normal people do to fix it? Get it replaced under warranty. Now I'm not sure why you ordered your phone from HK when Nokia/Microsoft sold perfectly unlocked Lumia 930s with warranty in India...ohh wait to save money I suppose since it was being sold cheap in HK. Now in cases like yours it's pretty much an open and shut case...you bought a device outside of warranty so you knew the consequences. Even iPhones warranty is not covered globally, neither are any phones unless stated. Then you mention about being low on budget and yet afford an iPhone 7/8 which will cost nothing less than ₹60K in India. I'm sorry to say but your post doesn't make sense at all.

Last edited:

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: [Final] end of all 930 conspiracy theory...i've done in practical,lost couple of money..

You are contradicting yourself here.
You say you are 'very low on budget' but will buy an 'iphone 7s/8' or wait for a 'flagship of Lumia'.
The Lumia 930 is hardly a piece of ****, just because of a mic issue.
If you are that dissatisfied, why don't you sell it and pick up another phone?

I'm not sure posts like yours will make Microsoft 'fall on their knees'.

i'm low on budget right now because i bought this mobile 4months back.....i use a flagship for 2/3 yrs...this is going to be only one and half yr when i'm going to throw it so after one and half yr it will be 7s/8 phewwww what's good when we cant record proper audiable video.........i wont sell phones more over this is special edition that gold and black one so i'm going to preserve it........well well microsoft already on knees in mobile area they just ain't gonna bury it.......looks like satya loosing moment which nokia created which is little compare to almighty android and mighty apple...just see figures how many are leaving windows because they are depressed........

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site

i'm low on budget right now because i bought this mobile 4months back.....i use a flagship for 2/3 yrs...this is going to be only one and half yr when i'm going to throw it so after one and half yr it will be 7s/8 phewwww what's good when we cant record proper audiable video.........i wont sell phones more over this is special edition that gold and black one so i'm going to preserve it........well well microsoft already on knees in mobile area they just ain't gonna bury it.......looks like satya loosing moment which nokia created which is little compare to almighty android and mighty apple...just see figures how many are leaving windows because they are depressed........
Sorry this is just nonsense.

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

oh ! dear AMBASSADOR, i 've researched...did you read complete research i have done.? it's not win 10 issue just go and read everything again....quick summary:before repair: no sound at all......after repair: mono sound on win 10....after few days reverted to win 8.1 then otp denim again installed win 10 lost sound.......nothing as been fixed or going to fix it's hardware issue just live with it....

i bought it from HK because it's special edition(gold and black one) ......iphone 7s/8 will be released next yr spt 2017 and 2018 just do some calculations.....everything make sense....yes i'm low on budget now nt after 1/2 yrs....before buying another mobile i want to buy surface thats why it takes time.....did you heard iphone users face such issue anytime......i bought S3 on june 12th 2012 it worked good with out single issue....my 2nd mobile was L1020, fat,heavy, still i loved it waited for L1030 which doesnt happened.....3rd one L730 no 4g, no wireless charging so gave to mom.....4th one L930 busted(waste of my money)......

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site

I am not certainly not an expert researcher but I keep an eye on what's going in our space. Majority of users complaining about the mono audio and microphone issue with the 930 are from users on WM10. Besides your situation looks like an isolated case of a genuine hardware problem. So what? Its electronics. And don't tell me iPhones don't have issues. They do..and Apple replaces them in most cases...especially when its in warranty. So does Microsoft...your case being you bought a product out of warranty. And the comments you made about your other phones...that doesn't make sense either. Lumia 1020 is fat...yes it is because of the awesome camera and heavy because it was a Nokia lol, Lumia 730 did not have 4G nor Wireless Charging from the start, Microsoft didn't trick you into buying it...Lumia 930 faulty because its a hardware defect...not with all phones. Outside of the 930 hardware issue everything was knowingly bought. The 930 could have been a hardware issue and could have been replaced or repaired under warranty.

I still don't understand the reason behind your post?

Last edited:

gourav mopidevi

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site

I am not certainly not an expert researcher but I keep an eye on what's going in our space. Majority of users complaining about the mono audio and microphone issue with the 930 are from users on WM10. Besides your looks like an isolated case of a genuine hardware problem. So what? Its electronics. And don't tell me iPhones don't have issues. They do..and Apple replaces them in most cases...especially when its in warranty. So does Microsoft...your case being you bought a product out of warranty. And the comments you made about your other phones...that doesn't make sense either. Lumia 1020 is fat...yes it is because of the awesome camera and heavy because it was a Nokia lol, Lumia 730 did not have 4G nor Wireless Charging from the start, Microsoft didn't trick you into buying it...Lumia 930 faulty because its a hardware defect...not with all phones. Outside of the 930 hardware issue everything was knowingly bought. The 930 could have been a hardware issue and could have been replaced or repaired under warranty.

I still don't understand the reason behind your post?

they are reporting because win10 expose defect mic.....according to many motherboard must be replaced but microsoft replace just mic which are failing again after few months...as i said L1020 i liked it i'm waiting for L1030 which is not happening so chill.....i'm not complaning about L730 i'm just saying why i gave it to my mom and went to buy L930....out of 50 L930 min 8 are faulty.......All affected L930 users must understand what is fault? why it is fault? is replacing mic solve problem ? is win10 ruined or denim ruined mic ? is it software or hardware issue?....

bloodevil

Apr 11, 2016
Visit site
i did the update for he windows 10 on the phone its now fully updated but when the wife tries to upload a photo or vid to say the browser say on facebook or in skype, as soon as you press upload button the phone takes you back to the home screen of the phone and the the app store don't work at all i just get spinning dots

Pawan Arora

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have recently updated my Lumia 930 to windows 10 and have found couple of issues that wasn't there when I was on denim 8.1.

My phone sensors probably ain't working anymore, this includes :

1.) Proximity Sensor.
My phone display doesn't go off during the call and I have accidentally dialed numbers when touching to my cheek.

2.) Ambient Light Sensor.
The brightness automatic setting doesn't work anymore. Be it a broad daylight or dark in a room, the display is always very brightly lit. I tried closing sensor with my hand many times but it doesn't work.

3.) IDK the sensor that controls backlit soft keys
The 3 keys on my windows lumia 930 does not lit up ever.

Please help me to resolve these issues and I love my lumia and its becoming painful to use it with these issues.

Also I have tried soft reset and it doesn't work.

With the hard reset, my backlit starts working but I haven't noticied the other sensor issue. But there is some update from windows 10 that comes on stock windows 10 and once the phone restarts the issue with the backlit is there again.

I tried goggling to stop windows 10 update on lumia devices but it seems there is no way to that until and unless I keep my phone on data since in that way I will always be on a metered connection and the device will not download the update. But its too foolish to keep a windows device forbidden from a WiFi as that is the only thing that keep my windows phone tiles alive.

Looking forward for solutions and suggestion.

bluekalo

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I have a Lumia Icon and have this issue on the screen, are like weird lines that are more visible on gray colors and on the camera when its moving they appears too like pink/purple color, also the black colors background is like a red tint black not pure black. I downgrade to Windows 8.0 BlackWP8.1 Denim but on both have the same issue, Someone knows if its the screen(hardware) or the software?View attachment 115389

i have mine too... that weird lines... its just that this lumia 930 is a flagship that has many defects... hope someone do something about this legally since they are selling defective products... majority of this model has defect which microsoft should consider them to trade with something new like lumia 950

9Redhead

Aug 27, 2015
Visit site
Windows 10 build 14367 Brightness settings don't work at all and second mic doesn't work either. Brightness hasn't worked for several builds to be exact. Any help on that?(I have done a hard reset as well as a a soft one)

ksssksss

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi.
I have a problem with very low alarm volume in the timer in the clock. Almost impossible to hear then the time is ready. Anyone else with this problem?
/ks

famakate

Sep 12, 2013
Visit site
The alarm sound starts at very low sound and it is continously increasing.
Use a ringtone maker app or similar to create a long ringtone, than add it to the alarm sound.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs