930 availability in France

Phillip Deackes

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Just been reading a French forum thread on the 930 and saw this message:

"Bonjour, travaillant dans un magasin d'informatique et smartphone, la date officielle (principal distributeur Nokia en Europe) ? laquelle nous pouvons "lib?rer" le produit est le Lundi 16 Juin."

The guy says that he works in a computer/smartphone store and that the (official) date the principal distributor of Nokia in Europe says they can release the 930 is Monday 16 June.

Not long to wait now. For me it's a race between Expansys UK and Amazon France :)

Phillip Deackes

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
If you're in the UK have you also pre-ordered from Expansys? They say they will contact you before sending it out to confirm you still want it and you can cancel if not. I've pre-ordered on Amazon.fr and Expansys and will go with whichever gets it first.

sandeepsb

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
If you're in the UK have you also pre-ordered from Expansys? They say they will contact you before sending it out to confirm you still want it and you can cancel if not. I've pre-ordered on Amazon.fr and Expansys and will go with whichever gets it first.

Yes I'm in the UK, I'll set up the pre-order now. Thanks for the tip!

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
you guys really think France will ship on June 16th? Tempted to order of Amazon FR then.

Have you imported from them before? what's the difference between the French and UK devices?

Phillip Deackes

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I've ordered from Amazon.fr before - a few times. When you receive the package it looks exactly the same as an Amazon.co.uk delivery. I ordered a French satellite box and it even came from a UK warehouse.

The French 930 will have French firmware. As soon as you set the language and region to English/UK you won't be able to tell the difference until you go to 'about' and see cv_fr of something similar.

The French device will get updated firmware when it is made available for French devices.

I bought a Hong Kong Chinese 1020 and even this was pretty indistinguishable from a UK device once the region and language had been set. It had a few extra Asian ring tones though.

You'll always be able to flash it with UK firmware should you desire - as soon as this is available.

Djf2884

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site
Well, the web site sources are not very official, the date came from Welkom bij Centralpoint.nl, dé leverancier van computer- en IT producten met meer dan 1.000.000 artikelen. Gratis verzending vanaf €25,- and they are now announcing that the Lumia 930 will be available on the 7th of July, so i will not count on the delivery before mid July.

I m also from France and waiting for this phone since begining of May.. All french web site are announcing the availability for begining of July. So let's wait.

Xavier2508

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
Belgium ? I am still waiting on mine. Release date 25/07/14.
He most likely means Expansys.be, where the black version is in stock and the others 2 days out, but they cheat by importing stock from other countries. For example, the Lumia 620 I ordered on Expansys.be before official availability in Belgium came at a ~10% higher price and is actually the British country version.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720