When will the 930 be released on AT&T?

carloswin07

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
I called AT&T to pre-order it, and they didn't know anything about the phone. I was surprised because I've seen that other countries are already accepting pre-orders.
Does anyone know when it will be coming to the US?

Zulfigar

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
It isn't coming you the United States. Nokia already said as much during the release. Why? Because the Icon is the 930 for the US. :)

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
You do know Microsoft has a new King of the hill device coming with 8.1 to At&t in a few months right. At&t is the premier windows phone partner so don't expect to see the Icon or 930 walk across the street. At&t will get the creme de le creme devises. In fact its rumored that there will be a flagship device with their new imaging tech, a midrange device with a front facing super camera and a proper Lumia 1020 successor later in the year. Patience, the devices you really want are coming.

explosive0

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You do know Microsoft has a new King of the hill device coming with 8.1 to At&t in a few months right. At&t is the premier windows phone partner so don't expect to see the Icon or 930 walk across the street. At&t will get the creme de le creme devises. In fact its rumored that there will be a flagship device with their new imaging tech, a midrange device with a front facing super camera and a proper Lumia 1020 successor later in the year. Patience, the devices you really want are coming.
Man. I just ordered the Lumia icon on Verizon today and will be switching from at&t. My monthly bill is going up$20/month. Maybe I should be a little more patient

ChristianKing

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Man. I just ordered the Lumia icon on Verizon today and will be switching from at&t. My monthly bill is going up$20/month. Maybe I should be a little more patient

Well I can't tell you that you made a bad choice because the Icon is very impressive. However, new phones are coming soon to AT&T. You have 2 weeks to decide if you want to stay on that side of the fence, so think long and hard. Verizon's network is very good but their prices are the highest of any carrier and they rarely get the best Windows phones. The Icon has been the one and only exception.

poiman

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
^^^
The question is, how soon? I don't see them coming with a new phone before October (released in November). That's a long wait for someone who really needs a new phone.

I called AT&T to pre-order it, and they didn't know anything about the phone. I was surprised because I've seen that other countries are already accepting pre-orders.
Does anyone know when it will be coming to the US?

Nokia specifically announced that they will not sell the 930 in the US, since you already have it under the name of LUMIA Icon in Verizon. It's a carrier exclusive, just like the 1520 is for AT&T. You can't blame them. Blame your system, that allows carriers to control everything and puts them in a position where they are allowed to demand exclusives from the OEMs.

paulxxwall

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Worst case ? The 1520 and no its not the worst WP but the best right now so....you could wait till November or get a 1520! I get real itchy when new phones come out

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
It isn't coming you the United States. Nokia already said as much during the release. Why? Because the Icon is the 930 for the US. :)

That's great if you are on VZN which is CDMA and not compatible completely with GSM. But there are many many who are on ATT or other GSM carriers who would like to have the 930 or a GSM variant thereof.

Memristor

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That's great if you are on VZN which is CDMA and not compatible completely with GSM. But there are many many who are on ATT or other GSM carriers who would like to have the 930 or a GSM variant thereof.

You'll have to wait until someone imports the 930 from the same carrier as the 1520.3 (RM-938) is from. If I'm not mistaken the 1520.3 was from an Italian carrier and sold over here configured in Spanish. It works on all AT&T and T-mobile bands including 4G.

neftv

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
You'll have to wait until someone imports the 930 from the same carrier as the 1520.3 (RM-938) is from. If I'm not mistaken the 1520.3 was from an Italian carrier and sold over here configured in Spanish. It works on all AT&T and T-mobile bands including 4G.

It's a nightmare trying to keep track of the variances between the models. Why can't Nokia make a phone that covers all the bands LTE/GSM/cdma. That way customers don't have to get confused between which model does what bands. For example why in the hell they take one band off of the 1320 when compared to the 1520.3? If there would be the same then it would just be feature spec difference like camera, memory etc that would be understandable because one is high end the other mid end so forth. Going from micro sim to nano sim is just beyond me too between models its not like 5 and 6 inch phones don't have any real estate. How did they fit the micro Sim in the L920?

Sent from my Venue 8 Pro 5830 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre