Which color you are going to pick?

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I'm rocking a white Nokia Lumia Icon and I LOVE it. It still looks exactly the same as the day I got it, too. So if you have any reservations about the white keeping it's look, don't worry!

If I had the option of green, that would definitely tempt me to move from white. But I really do think the White brings out the design of the phone the best.

Great view, thanks for sharing! I was torn between the white or orange. Ended up pre-ordering the orange one. But now i question my choice again lol

Bernhard Koenig

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I think there is one big problem with the black version: the black colored frame.

I have many friends with a black iPhone and this also has a black colored aluminium frame. On each and every of their phones, the color started dropping of on the edges wihtin a few months. The white iPhone with the standard silver aluminium frame seems not to suffer, or at least it is not that obivous.

So I'm thinking of going with white or orange (don't like the green). Does anyone of you know if any of the colors has a matte finish instead of glossy? Seem all glossy to me, but I couldn't find any info on this yet.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I think there is one big problem with the black version: the black colored frame.

I have many friends with a black iPhone and this also has a black colored aluminium frame. On each and every of their phones, the color started dropping of on the edges wihtin a few months. The white iPhone with the standard silver aluminium frame seems not to suffer, or at least it is not that obivous.

So I'm thinking of going with white or orange (don't like the green). Does anyone of you know if any of the colors has a matte finish instead of glossy? Seem all glossy to me, but I couldn't find any info on this yet.

No, I think all colors come with matte finish according to my old Lumia 920(glossy) and 1520(matte). 930(any color) definitely looks the same finish as 1520

dwj130

May 21, 2014
Visit site

I was worried about the black frame chipping too but I couldn't find anyone complaining about it yet in the lumia icon forums. That is essentially the same phone and has been out for some months now.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
No, I think all colors come with matte finish according to my old Lumia 920(glossy) and 1520(matte). 930(any color) definitely looks the same finish as 1520

I havnt had hands on with it, but this is how it feels to me too. The colored 920's were glossy and looked way different even in pictures. This looks like a matte finish to me.

All black would look really great too... but perhaps I would want a little color to spice it up.. CANT DECIDE!

Bernhard Koenig

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I preordered the white one now. Liking rather black phones, when I first saw the Icon, I was immediately in love with its looks. So I thought I can't do anything wrong with ordering the color I originally liked very much.

For the Black one, I didn't want to take the risk with the possible problem of scratches in the colored frame ... if no one reported problems with the Icon, it might just be because it's the white version with the silver/aluminium colored frame. I also didn't see any white iPhone 5 suffering from that issue or it was at least not as obvious as on the black version.

I were also thinking a bit about the orange version ... I really like its looks. But I thought that with such intense colors, you might get tired of it looks rather earlier than later.

So, the decision is white - and all I have to do now is wait. July can't arrive soon enough.

PPCApache

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
It hasn't been announced here in Australia yet, but I'm looking at getting the Black one and giving my 630 to my wife.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 630 using Tapatalk

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have had a black Lumia 800 and now a white 920. So ideally something in the middle. Would have liked a gun metal grey with black aluminium accents. But from the choices, I'd probably stick with white. I like the way it contrasts with the stuff on my desktop. The WP OS is enough colour for me :wink:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes