Just got the info from my brother, living in Zurich, that the advertised price on Digitec.ch is 569 CHF, which according to current exchange rate means that it costs about 466 EUR. This is much less compared to German Amazon (579 EUR) or French Amazon (549 EUR). Just a suggestion for people from EU visiting Switzerland or if you have somebody there who can bring you one when visiting. I have placed a pre-order
    Chregu likes this.
    06-10-2014 07:19 AM
    Just got the info from my brother, living in Zurich, that the advertised price on Digitec.ch is 569 CHF, which according to current exchange rate means that it costs about 466 EUR. This is much less compared to German Amazon (579 EUR) or French Amazon (549 EUR). Just a suggestion for people from EU visiting Switzerland or if you have somebody there who can bring you one when visiting. I have placed a pre-order
    Maybe it's even a German import. I remember when buying the Lumia 800 from Digitec, it was O2 branded ;-)

Nice observation, I didn't know it's so expensive in the rest of Europe. I think it's already on the expensive side in Switzerland.
    06-10-2014 07:27 AM
    that's quite a good price, but still more expensive than at sparhandy.de with contract (89.- EUR + 24*14,95 = 448 EUR). Some weeks ago (as mentioned in some other threads/postings) the handy was even available for 29.- / 39.- / 49.- EUR (was lucky with 39.- EUR at my pre-order...^^)...
    06-10-2014 07:35 AM
    I already have a 5S on contract with 16 months to go .. but I want to try the 930 and see how it works - so I have to buy one without a contract.
    Quhi likes this.
    06-10-2014 08:04 AM
    The difference is likely down to taxes. Switzerland charges less than half the VAT of most other countries, it's just that most companies decide to raise their base prices for whatever they sell there. Likely this is one of those exceptions.

that's quite a good price, but still more expensive than at sparhandy.de with contract.
    That is comparing apples to oranges. Everything is cheaper with a contract, except of course the monthly service payments, which then include a fee to pay off the cost of the device that you didn't pay up front.
    Chregu likes this.
    06-10-2014 08:13 AM
    that's quite a good price, but still more expensive than at sparhandy.de with contract (89.- EUR + 24*14,95 = 448 EUR). Some weeks ago (as mentioned in some other threads/postings) the handy was even available for 29.- / 39.- / 49.- EUR (was lucky with 39.- EUR at my pre-order...^^)...
    But that's on contract. I think the OP was talking no contract.
    06-10-2014 08:32 AM
    He calculated the monthly fees into the final price. I assume the phone is sold unlocked with contract, so you add the price of the phone plus the 24 monthly payments and you are still better off than buying it off contract.
    06-10-2014 08:39 AM
    That is comparing apples to oranges. Everything is cheaper with a contract, except of course the monthly service payments, which then include a fee to pay off the cost of the device that you didn't pay up front.
    No it's not... just exactly read my post: 448 EUR is the total price incl. the contract! It doesn't matter if you use the contract or not...
    e.g. I will NOT use the incl. "MoWoTel / Vodaphone" contract (as I still have a contract with better conditions till Oct. 2014), but getting the 930 for 448 EUR without any extra costs is imho worth taking the contract, too... sure I will close the contract asap... so I pay now for the device (currently 89 EUR, or for luckier ones like me 39 EUR... ^^) and for the next 2 years 14.95 EUR per month... so that's even a very cheap credit with even no interest...

Didn't see that the OP is talking about no contract... ;-)

So far, for Germans and some close countries sparhandy.de is still the cheapest option to get the Lumia 930... (I got it for 397 EUR, and the current (total) price is 447 EUR).
    (and NO, I am NOT an employee of sparhandy.de... but free as a bird... hehehe)
    06-10-2014 08:53 AM
    He calculated the monthly fees into the final price. I assume the phone is sold unlocked with contract, so you add the price of the phone plus the 24 monthly payments and you are still better off than buying it off contract.
    exactly :-)
    06-10-2014 08:54 AM
    No it's not... just exactly read my post: 448 EUR is the total price incl. the contract!
    Sorry about that. I read over that too fast. Yes, a good deal indeed. I'm not sure how that works, but I suspect you can only get such a contract if you have an address in Germany, correct?
    06-10-2014 09:02 AM
    I'm not sure how that works, but I suspect you can only get such a contract if you have an address in Germany, correct?
    I believe this is based on a lot of sponsoring through the distributors: sparhandy.de is a distributer of MoWoTel, and MoWoTel is a distributer of Vodafone... at the end the customer is the lucky one...
    ...and yes, unfortunately they deliver only to a German address... just checked this out.. :-(
    a5cent likes this.
    06-10-2014 09:33 AM