Native support for Hangouts, Line, Whatsapp and other Messaging apps

nothanks91

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
i found this link, it has information of features of Nokia Lumia 930 listed for developers. i know there is no native hangout app for windows phone, then what does it means? are we getting native support for all messaging apps? can anyone using lumia 930 confirm it?
untitled.JPG

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
i found this link, it has information of features of Nokia Lumia 930 listed for developers. i know there is no native hangout app for windows phone, then what does it means? are we getting native support for all messaging apps? can anyone using lumia 930 confirm it?
View attachment 70583
first, how should "native support" for hangouts, whatsapp, etc. look like? they are just apps, if they support windows phone 8.1 (and. e.g. the new action center) they are ready, but i wouldn't talk about "native support".
second, nobody has a Lumia 930 (except testers and VIPs), we are all waiting for it, but that's it...

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Only for 630 and 930 the messaging details are given. For older phones the list of hangout, WhatsApp, wechat and all are not there. Maybe these are the big things coming to windows phone. Native support. And if hangout is present, more google apps shud pool in

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I pretend that's only marketing blabla... as these phones (630, 635, 930) are the first "native wp 8.1" phones, this could be the reason...
whatapp, hangout, skype, etc. have become really important to the community, if they are not supported by the phone people wouldn't buy it.

as a marketing guy I would definitely include this "feature" into the detail description of a new phone with wp 8.1...
but it doesn't mean that there is a special support for these apps, they are just available...

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6