07-12-2014 07:26 AM
30 12
tools
    No problema with present reminder. If I realy want something explosive I put wake-up with terribly voice.
    Why should you go through all that trouble when you can have a calendar that will do that for you... I mean Android/IOS/Symbian even Dumb-Phones' calendars know how to do it why shouldn't WP's?
    07-09-2014 04:46 PM
    Most mobile OSes are able to repeat notifications every minute or two until they're acknowledged, either built-in or using a third-party app like LightFlow for Android. WP really should have this functionality or provide hooks to let third-party developers implement it. It's one of the main issues giving me pause about adopting WP as a daily driver.
    UniZebra likes this.
    07-09-2014 11:34 PM
    I always set alarms in favour of reminders for important notifications. They are loud and long, so you can't miss them.
    07-10-2014 05:23 AM
    Most mobile OSes are able to repeat notifications every minute or two until they're acknowledged, either built-in or using a third-party app like LightFlow for Android. WP really should have this functionality or provide hooks to let third-party developers implement it. It's one of the main issues giving me pause about adopting WP as a daily driver.
    Finally someone agrees with me, thank you sir! Everyone here thinks I'm their enemy...
    07-11-2014 09:58 AM
    ... I also find it really stupid that we can't set more than one reminder for an event.
    I really do empathize with you, UniZebra, but this comment cracked me up. I have the opposite problem. I'll set an appt in my daughter's Outlook Calendar and invariably be sitting at my computer when my phone notifies me. My computer notifies me. My daughter comes out of her room to notify me (because her phone just notified her, too).

We're both terrible at keeping track of time. Getting in the habit of adding appts and events to Outlook was the best thing I've ever done for myself. And yeah, I do crank up the volume on Ring/Notifications so I don't miss that too brief audible alert, but very glad the flashing button on my computer taskbar is there for backup.
    UniZebra likes this.
    07-12-2014 07:26 AM
30 12