Tear down/replace back cover

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Not this looks awesome! And directly a few questions: From the pictures, it looks like the glass in front of the lens is part of the cover, is anyone sure of that? On my 820, it scratched pretty fast.. would be awesome to able to change that.
Another thing, to me it looks fairly easy to change the battery by just removing the cover & the battery lock. Again, I can only see it in the pictures, but it doesn't seem to be necessary to remove the "ENGINE COVER ASSEMBLY" to get to the battery, does it?

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Not this looks awesome! And directly a few questions: From the pictures, it looks like the glass in front of the lens is part of the cover, is anyone sure of that? On my 820, it scratched pretty fast.. would be awesome to able to change that.
Another thing, to me it looks fairly easy to change the battery by just removing the cover & the battery lock. Again, I can only see it in the pictures, but it doesn't seem to be necessary to remove the "ENGINE COVER ASSEMBLY" to get to the battery, does it?

I can't comment as have not done this myself (yet) Its nice to know the option is there though. The guide is the nokia service guide, i am sure there are more out there for other devices too :)

I think the black with a bit of colour would look awesome!

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site

Andrea988

Jul 27, 2014
Visit site
As I understand it the suction cup isn't necessary. If you remove the sim card holder there is a clip on the side next to the headphone socket, just inside the hole where the sim card holder goes. hold the phone with the back face down and you will see the clip easily once you have removed the sim card holder, if you have a coloured back plate, but it's harder to spot if you have a black one. I'll try and post a pic later in the week.

Press down on the clip (which is part of the back cover) with something like a pointed end of a knife and push it out, as if you are trying to push the back plate out from the inside, Once you have unclipped that the rest can be pulled off the same way but obviously be careful not to break off the clips.

IMPORTANT: The BOTTOM of the back panel has slot-in lugs and should come out last and go back in first.

Also if you are buying a new back panel bear in mind that the NFC aerial and other bits have to be removed from the original and stuck back on to the new one which could be a bit fiddly. My husband has removed a back panel, easy if you are careful not to break the clips, but has not removed the bits stuck to it.

Waughy

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
That teardown says to replace the NFC antenna and wireless charging plate, so I'm thinking that reusing them may cause some issues with performance, if you use either of those features.
Good tip on removing the sim holder to get to the clip at the top, I just looked on my black phone, it's easy to see.
I was looking at it last week to try to work out why my back plate isn't sitting flush around the camera button, and the same area on the opposite side. Looks to be either the wireless charging plate isn't fitted correctly, or the battery isn't sitting in place. Pushing down on the cover I can feel that something is pushing it up, and I can't push it back down flush like the rest of the cover. I'm waiting to hear from the store I bought the phone from to see what they'll do about it.

Mark Seychell

May 6, 2014
Visit site

Anyone bought from these covers? Can anyone confirm that they include a camera cover and flash?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs