Hey everyone,
    I'm still an Android user, I was an android fanboy, but not anymore. Now, I love windows phone and I want to get the Lumia 930 , is it a good move to buy this high end phone as a first wp device, will I like it fast, or I might take some time to get used to it?
    No I don't rely on Google services much, I use gmail and now I forward it's emails to my hotmail . so no problem moving from Google to Microsoft, it's about the OS itself.
    Note that I install roms and download apk files a lot.
    Thanks in advance

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    07-05-2014 05:32 PM
    930 is an awesome device, you will definitely love it ;)
    My first device is a 1520.
    Just to let you know, you can import all your email from Google to Outlook, so you will not require more redirecting.
    And welcome to the WP family! :)
    07-05-2014 05:55 PM
    Have the Icon and for me is the best windows phone out yet. not to big not to small and all the highest specs. you can never have a phone that is to fast or has to much memory and storage. Always get the most you can afford.
    07-05-2014 06:35 PM
    Note that I install roms and download apk files a lot.
    I don't think there are many roms and installing apps is done via the App Store unless your a dev you could side load.

if u are side loading paid for apps I'd say support the devs and actually buy the app!
    07-05-2014 09:40 PM
    Had iPhones in the last 6 years (at last the iPhone 5 and the iPad 2). Already switched my tablet last autumn (to Dell Venue 11 Pro - yes VERY happy with it..), and now decided also to switch to a windows phone...
    The Lumia 930 is now my first WP, got it last Friday... :) after 2 days of excessive testing I am very VERY happy with it. Honestly wp is really something completely different to iOS in handling and philosophy, but so far I love it!!
    07-06-2014 02:39 AM
    I don't think there are many roms and installing apps is done via the App Store unless your a dev you could side load.

if u are side loading paid for apps I'd say support the devs and actually buy the app!
    I'll try to live without downloading apps from outside the store, I just don't like to buy apps :p

07-06-2014 03:10 AM
    Had iPhones in the last 6 years (at last the iPhone 5 and the iPad 2). Already switched my tablet last autumn (to Dell Venue 11 Pro - yes VERY happy with it..), and now decided also to switch to a windows phone...
    The Lumia 930 is now my first WP, got it last Friday... :) after 2 days of excessive testing I am very VERY happy with it. Honestly wp is really something completely different to iOS in handling and philosophy, but so far I love it!!
    Lucky you!! I hope I get it fast, it seems amazing

07-06-2014 03:10 AM
    930 is an awesome device, you will definitely love it ;)
    My first device is a 1520.
    Just to let you know, you can import all your email from Google to Outlook, so you will not require more redirecting.
    And welcome to the WP family! :)
    Thanks, I think I will get the l930

07-06-2014 03:11 AM
    Glad to see you finally got your 930, no matter the problems! :D

To OP:
    The 930 is definitely an awesome device, nothing to do wrong there ;) about the apps: it's really easy to link a paypal account or buy a gift card, and almost every app offers a trial. With my iPhone, I was like you, but buying a few apps won't hurt you :P Don't know about your region, but according to youtubers some got a 25 Store voucher with their 930. If not, buy the apps. Piracy on Windows Phone is (luckily) not a really big topic.
    07-06-2014 03:55 AM
    Does the 930 heat up if in constant use? My 1020 goes like on burning coals 😊 mostly the camera hump..
    Sent from my NeverAndroidAgain**1020** via Tapatalk
    07-06-2014 02:46 PM